Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 158 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by unigroove
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    2014-07-13 16.28.18.jpg
    image-421.jpg
    image-268.jpg
    image-38.jpg
    image-53.jpg
    image.jpg
    sf2cax2014.png
    image-978.jpg
    01.jpg
    cax2014_lanyard.jpg
    this-guy-958.jpg
    There are 158 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 9 years ago

Hope everyone has preregistered. You'll get an awesome lanyard this year!

01.jpg01.jpg
    #52 9 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

I'm bringing my Speakeasy this year. You don't see that one around much these days.
    Confession: I totally took advantage of that 10-ball TZ last year.
    OP: My boy is bringing a buddy, so you and I will have mo' time to hang.

Looking forward to it....Gonna be a blast!

#53 9 years ago

I'm going! Meeting some friends there from San Diego and east bay. Bringing family along this year too. Gonna have to leave Sat. night to go see Daniel Tosh in SF with my kids! Gonna be a great weekend!

Mike

#54 9 years ago
    Quoted from vtec16:

I remember talking to you about this a while back Gio, now it's finally time to see this work of art in person, can't wait!!

I saw it last week and it is incredible!

#55 9 years ago
    Quoted from vtec16:

Could not have said it better! Get some R&R, eat, drink, swim, chill by the pool, sit in the hot tub, smoke cigars and other things..., oh and play a little pinball!!

I remember talking to you about this a while back Gio, now it's finally time to see this work of art in person, can't wait!!

We will have quite a few NICE games on display.

#56 9 years ago

We need to schedule a Pinside meetup like we did at PAGG. That worked out great!

I say we meet by the escalators at 3pm on Saturday. Good, bad, suggestions? I'm open to anytime and any place, really.

#57 9 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

We need to schedule a Pinside meetup like we did at PAGG. That worked out great!

I say we meet by the escalators at 3pm on Saturday. Good, bad, suggestions? I'm open to anytime and any place, really.

I'll meet you there, looking to catch up haven't seen you in a while.

#58 9 years ago

I know, not since the home show thing back in April. Didn't see you at PAGG, did you go?

#59 9 years ago

Jim, make sure you come by and say hi

#60 9 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

I know, not since the home show thing back in April. Didn't see you at PAGG, did you go?

No, I had family things going on and health issues. Nothing too serious, just serious enough to keep me home. If you got any time off, stop on by. Paul (That Guy) is dropping off his Star Wars Trilogy tomorrow. I told him I would change out the rubbers, LED and clean it for him. I'll get pizza if you want to hang out anytime this summer.

Quoted from Zdoor:

Jim, make sure you come by and say hi

Definitely will. Your work is second to none. The figures you did on my MB are so awesome, pictures don't do them justice. I always look forward to what you have coming next. Your booth is one of the highlights of the show.

#61 9 years ago

Are you all better now, then?

I'd love to come by tomorrow night, but I have my Mustang Club meeting to go to(last Thursday of each month). Would've been great to finally meet him face to face.

I'll definitely take you up on that offer sometime soon! Most likely after CAX, but sooner than later for sure. Of course, if you're ever down in Fresno and have a little extra time, let me know and stop on by to play on mine for a while. They're both running at 100% now!

#62 9 years ago

Has anyone that has submitted applications to volunteer for CA Extreme received an email from organizers?

My wife and I both registered as volunteers when we did the whole block-reservation thing but haven't really heard anything from anyone.

This is the first time both she and I have tried to volunteer for an expo so I'm not sure of the protocol.

The website says that they'll have badges for volunteers but how would I know if they'll actually need us? We never received any sort of confirmation saying something like, "Okay, you're now a volunteer!"

Just not sure how all this stuff works....

Thanks,

-Bob

#63 9 years ago

I don't know the procedure, as I take games, but have you submitted an email on cax website? Maybe email Jonathan k or mark b directly. If you need those emails, pm me.

#64 9 years ago
    Quoted from bklossner:

Has anyone that has submitted applications to volunteer for CA Extreme received an email from organizers?

Never volunteered there, but I've brought games for years and the MO is just to show up. The badges will be available at the front desk. Get there a little before you're supposed to start working and you'll be fine.

If you're working starting at noon Saturday, expect lines and get there earlier. If you're helping before the show starts, just show up and tell someone you're there to help. If it's your first time to the show and you don't know where to go, go to the front desk at the hotel and ask them where the pinball show is. They'll point you in the right direction.

#65 9 years ago

If anyone knows of a HUO Metallica Premium or a No Fear that will be available between now and CAX, please let me know.

#66 9 years ago

I'm officially going now

#67 9 years ago

We'll have a pimped Met premium for sale at the show.

Quoted from Nexyss:If anyone knows of a HUO Metallica Premium or a No Fear that will be available between now and CAX, please let me know.

#68 9 years ago

My wife and I will be getting in late Friday night. We decided to come out and hang with Kevin and the SKitB guys and show some support for the unavailing of their game# 2.

I am really digging the theme for this game, it's going to be BADASS!

Are there any must see pin related things to check out while I am there?

Or any other must see / things to do along our trip which is: Fisherman's Wharf, Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, Lombard Street, Castro trolley thing, Swimming with the dolphins, Yosemite, Sequoia and then headed out near Bubble gum alley to do the Pacific Coast HIghway trip back to SFO.

Any input would be appreciated!

Chris

#69 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jetzxi:

Are there any must see pin related things to check out while I am there?

Or any other must see / things to do along our trip which is: Fisherman's Wharf, Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz...

Make sure you allow plenty of time for Musee Mecanique at fisherman's wharf. Not to be missed. Also consider taking a ride on the rocket boat after you get back from Alcatraz. Tickets available from the same place as Alcatraz. It's a 40' jet boat that hauls ass around the bay while cranking rock and roll. Good stuff.

pro tip. sitting towards the bow of the boat actually keeps you drier than sitting in the back when they start doing doughnuts. (they give you a disposable rain coat)

#70 9 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Make sure you allow plenty of time for Musee Mecanique at fisherman's wharf. Not to be missed. Also consider taking a ride on the rocket boat after you get back from Alcatraz. Tickets available from the same place as Alcatraz. It's a 40' jet boat that hauls ass around the bay while cranking rock and roll. Good stuff.
    pro tip. sitting towards the bow of the boat actually keeps you drier than sitting in the back when they start doing doughnuts. (they give you a disposable rain coat)

Sweet, thanks for the information and heads up!

#71 9 years ago
    Quoted from Zdoor:

We will have custom Refinery games and mods on hand as well as THE MATRIX!

To add to the excitement Pinball Refinery will be show casing Pinnovating's work (By Dennis and Gerard) Not only The Matrix But DMOS (Demolition Man on Steroids) side by side with the latest and greatest code, custom armor powder coating and upgrade lighting kit by Steve G., AKA (Hemiorange09). Gio and Steve are bringing the bling to CAX!

#72 9 years ago

Matrix was my favorite pin at Expo last year - sad I can't make it this year and play more of it!

#73 9 years ago

Ehh, Running out of time.... trying to finish my prototype invention to use at cax and the parts I ordered weeks ago are still not here. Granted, some $%$^& has been stealing our mail. We now have cameras up, but.... grr

#74 9 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Matrix was my favorite pin at Expo last year

That pin was at cax last year? what? I never saw it? Watched many prototype clips, would have loved to see it in the wild.

#75 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

That pin was at cax last year? what? I never saw it? Watched many prototype clips, would have loved to see it in the wild.

No at Pinball Expo in Chicago last year. CAX this year though

#76 9 years ago

We will have a custom ironman, Spidey and met premium as well. They are sweet games

#77 9 years ago

Pretty sure I'm going now, unless I do end up going to this concert this weekend, but it seems I have more pinhead friends lately than punks, I know plenty of people going to CAX but can't seem to find one to go to an all day concert.

#78 9 years ago
    Quoted from Zdoor:

We will have a custom ironman, Spidey and met premium as well. They are sweet games

I can't wait to see them!

#79 9 years ago

looking forward to playing all 3 of these machines

Quoted from Zdoor:

#80 9 years ago
    Quoted from Zdoor:

Is the Iron Man you're bringing, a vault edition?

#81 9 years ago
    Quoted from moto_cat:

Is the Iron Man you're bringing, a vault edition?

There's a slim chance I'll have one in time. The definite is a first run

#82 9 years ago

Dang... Looks like I can't make it after all. Hopefully, I'll get a refund on my weekend passes.

#83 9 years ago

Are folks gonna be hanging out on Fri night at the hotel (if so, which one?)

I am gonna go by to do some qualifying for the PAPA Circuit event but have to fly out Sat so can't get the real CAX experience. Would be cool to see some folks there and have a few beers.

#84 9 years ago

I want to go so bad but $1,900 dollars for 2 people to fly. I am out, that could be put towards a nice pinball machine. You guy's have fun.

#85 9 years ago

this will be my first time going so excited!

#86 9 years ago

Sweet, which day you going skillshot?

#87 9 years ago

I think Willie and I are going Saturday since that's the longest day to play.

#88 9 years ago

Nice! Norcals bad boys of pinball in full effect!!

#89 9 years ago

Hope all of you will stop by our booth - we will be selling LEDs and Rubber this year. As always an awesome show special.

We will have some product at their lowest price ever!

For those of you that preregistered - make sure you get your CAX 2014 Lanyard!

#90 9 years ago

We should put together a tournement between KLOV and PINSIDE. Get 5 people from each group and select 4 games 2 pins and 2 vids. Winner gets to eat cold cuts or something.

#91 9 years ago

I am staying at the Hilton across the street. I am bringing a Speakeasy and rolling in to set it up on Friday evening. My boy has a buddy this year and now that PismoArcade is out, so I'll be looking to meet summa the NorCal PInside crew. I could give reports about the layout of machines and where to head first before the crowds gets in. PracticalSteve: I heard you enjoyed my Night Rider last year. I think you might like Speakeasy too.

I am there until after 5 on Sunday. I gotta leave the machine on the floor all the way to the end.

#92 9 years ago

Make sure you guys visit the nifty LEDs stand .....if you guys are thinking about putting LEDs in your pinball machines ......those LEDs are the best .....

image-978.jpgimage-978.jpg

#93 9 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

PracticalSteve: I heard you enjoyed my Night Rider last year. I think you might like Speakeasy too.

Oh I totally did! I love that game, I will own one someday, yours was the nicest I have ever seen. Looking forward to checking out speakeasy.

#94 9 years ago

PPS will have a booth at CAX with Pinball Merchandise (Pinmats, Shirts, Mouspads, AFM Toppers, etc) ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ppsbaa-booth-at-cax

BAA will have an open house - we are just 15 mins away ... stuff, games, snacks ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baa-open-house-at-cax-sat-9-3-sun-12-3-stuff-games-snacks

#95 9 years ago

I realize that this is pinball...but if any of you are into Street Fighter (the vid, not the pin), I'm just spreading the word that this is going down at CAX:

sf2cax2014.pngsf2cax2014.png

P.S. I am bringing the pinball, btw...

#96 9 years ago

If anyone has reservations at the Hyatt Regency for Saturday night and may need to cancel please let me know. I have Friday night already and would like Sat too. As a backup plan I have a room at the Hilton next door, but was hoping someone might have a last minute change and need to cancel their reservation at the Hyatt.

EDIT: No longer need a room, got one squared away for Saturday. Party time - it's gonna be fun!!

#97 9 years ago

Do people sell pins at Ca Extreme? Is it a parking lot for sale scene like the other expo's?

#98 9 years ago
    Quoted from Zuel:

Do people sell pins at Ca Extreme? Is it a parking lot for sale scene like the other expo's?

Yes and no. You might see something in the parking lot, but the majority of stuff goes on inside the show room/hotel. The hotel parking lot doesn't seem totally trade friendly (plus, it is usually f'ing hot outside).

#99 9 years ago

Sounds like they are in serious need of tournament machines as the usual resources have fallen through - if someone has a modern or classic pin they would bring to help out please post here and I'll put you in touch with someone.

Thanks!

#100 9 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Are folks gonna be hanging out on Fri night at the hotel (if so, which one?)
    I am gonna go by to do some qualifying for the PAPA Circuit event but have to fly out Sat so can't get the real CAX experience. Would be cool to see some folks there and have a few beers.

Hey Gene,

Courtney and I are arriving on Friday night so we'll catch you at the hotel.

There are 158 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-unofficial-california-extreme-2014-thread/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.