Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 158 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by unigroove
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    2014-07-13 16.28.18.jpg
    image-421.jpg
    image-268.jpg
    image-38.jpg
    image-53.jpg
    image.jpg
    sf2cax2014.png
    image-978.jpg
    01.jpg
    cax2014_lanyard.jpg
    this-guy-958.jpg

There are 158 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 9 years ago

Still basking in the afterglow of PAGG when I look at my calendar and realize CaX is only five weeks away!!!

Who's going?

http:www.caextreme.org/

#2 9 years ago

I'll be there. I can't wait. PAGG was great, but it will be nice to get back to gaming civilization where there is an air conditioned bar in the building. I am really hoping some of the new pins will be there for us to play. I was really hoping to see MMr at PAGG, so I hope it makes it to CAX. I would really like to see some of the boutique games as well.

I met a couple of new pinsiders at PAGG, so hopefully will get the chance to chat with them and meet some new ones.

#3 9 years ago

I'll be there. And I believe , so will Predator !!

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from rolandthoms:

I'll be there. And I believe , so will Predator !!

Really?!

#6 9 years ago

I'm there. Love that show.

#7 9 years ago

That would be awesome if Predotor showed up!

#8 9 years ago

Really hoping to make it, so stupidly busy the next two months though.

#9 9 years ago

My flight and hotel are booked. I'll be there.

#10 9 years ago

I usually go both days , unfortunately only Sunday this year..

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Same here. I'm going to try to make it on saturday.

#12 9 years ago

Kevin indicated he would be attending CAX and announcing his next title

#13 9 years ago

....after predator

#14 9 years ago

I'll admit I am not as excited, but it is only because PAGG feels like it just happened yesterday and I am physically/mentally taxed.

EBP is going to be loading up a truck, but this time we get to mix the vids with the pins. I'll be bringing a grip of SF2 vids and the WWFRR pin. I'm also likely running a SF2 tournament again this year. I feel so worn out just thinking about this.

Quoted from rolandthoms:

Kevin indicated he would be attending CAX and announcing his next title

Count on it. Acts of God and sudden unforeseen monkey wrenches aside.

#15 9 years ago

Quoted from mrgone:

Same here. I'm going to try to make it on saturday.

Bummer... If you guys do make it, I have a view of the fireworks from Great America at The Hyatt...Hope you can make it.

#16 9 years ago

Can't wait for CAX! My brother and I will be there again. It makes for a great weekend top-off after my week vacation in Santa Cruz.

Are we gonna do another Pinsider meetup?

My goals for the weekend:
    I want to chat with Wade Krause again. I want to see Marco there with one each of the new Mustangs. I want to play MMR. I want to beat my brother on Kingpin again. I want to get to the end and hopefully beat Galaga '88(one of my all-time faves). I want to spend a few bucks at BAA's open house on Sunday. I want a hamburger, no I want a hot dog....

#17 9 years ago

We will be there!

Does anyone need their game LED'd at the show?

#18 9 years ago

I'll be there!this-guy-958.jpgthis-guy-958.jpg

#19 9 years ago

I'm going. Looking forward to the best of both worlds. Still looking for my first pin, maybe some for sale there-

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from johnnyutah:

I'm going. Looking forward to the best of both worlds. Still looking for my first pin, maybe some for sale there-

Typically there are far fewer games for sale at CAX than at other shows, not to burst your bubble.

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from johnnyutah:

I know someone with a Black Rose if you are interested in that. I'll be there too - unfortunately may have a big photo shoot in San Diego on Sunday-Monday so if so I will only make it on Friday

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

I know someone with a Black Rose if you are interested in that. I'll be there too - unfortunately may have a big photo shoot in San Diego on Sunday-Monday so if so I will only make it on Friday

Friday? - I thought it was just Sat-Sun.

I'll be there Sat.

How's your Shadow treating you?

-mof

#23 9 years ago

Has everyone here preregistered? If you did this year.. you'll get your nice badge and in addition... a nice lanyard... heres a little sneak peek...

cax2014_lanyard.jpgcax2014_lanyard.jpg

#24 9 years ago

Love this show - I'll be there Sat & Sun!

#26 9 years ago

i am mos def looking forward to cax this year! gonna bring the whole family.

i will be easy to spot...... i'll be the guy watching his 4 year old and 6 year old kids schooling adults on the pac-man battle royale game

#27 9 years ago

my 6 year old will be easy to spot.... just look for the blue bomber MEGA MAN

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Friday? - I thought it was just Sat-Sun.
    I'll be there Sat.
    How's your Shadow treating you?
    -mof

Oops I think they had qualifying on Fri night for the Circuit tourney? Can't remember - anyhow the Shadow has been awesome but I've been gone so much I haven't been home enough to play it

#29 9 years ago

I'll be there. I always bring 7-10 arcade games for the show. Recently I bought my first NIB and only current pin star trek pro, so I think I will be spending some time on the pins this year. Maybe try to get into a couple of the contests they have.

Can't wait!

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from TronGuy:

I'll be there. I always bring 7-10 arcade games for the show. Recently I bought my first NIB and only current pin Star Trek pro, so I think I will be spending some time on the pins this year. Maybe try to get into a couple of the contests they have.
    Can't wait!

hahaha...welcome to the dark side!

#31 9 years ago

Typically there are far fewer games for sale at CAX than at other shows, not to burst your bubble.

Not worried about that anymore, bought a pin today! Officially not in the market anymore but still would like to play a few that we're not at PAGG like Judge Dredd or Robocop.

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from Nexyss:

hahaha...welcome to the dark side!

Yeah maybe

Vids are still my #1 hobby

#33 9 years ago

Not sure if I will go or not.

A couple of years ago I went with Cliffy and Martin, they had passes to get in a half hour before me...was that a bummer to have to wait to get in.

What I like is all of the games that are there, and to meet up with some of the people I know but never get to see.

What I don't like are the people that are rude, don't bathe or are game hogs.

After a few hours there, the don't likes overwhelm the likes.

So, I'm not sure if I want to put up with the effort & money to go this year; but maybe I'll get talked into it for a couple hours.

Robert

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrSanRamon:

A couple of years ago I went with Cliffy and Martin, they had passes to get in a half hour before me...was that a bummer to have to wait to get in.
    What I like is all of the games that are there, and to meet up with some of the people I know but never get to see.
    So, I'm not sure if I want to put up with the effort & money to go this year; but maybe I'll get talked into it for a couple hours.
    Robert

Just spend more time at the bar BSing. I probably play games for maybe 2 hours the whole weekend at this point, but I enjoy seeing friends that I only see once or twice a year.

#35 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Robert

Gotta agree about the rude people and game hogs.... I was surprised how many people played 4 player games by themselves or would just keep pressing replay after a game despite someone in line behind them. I got into it last year with a woman that camped out on a Metallica LE, would look back to see me standing in line, smirk and continue playing. She pretty much told me to f$&@ off... I was so close to turning the game off....

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I got into it last year with a woman that camped out on a Metallica LE, would look back to see me standing in line, smirk and continue playing. She pretty much told me to f$&@ off... I was so close to turning the game off....

You should have turned it off, told her the game was yours and remind her of the rules.

#37 9 years ago

I would've held my hands up in front of her face so she couldn't see the playfield. If she's going to act like a five year old, then that's obviously the only method of communication she understands.

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from moto_cat:

You should have turned it off, told her the game was yours and remind her of the rules.

Quoted from Miguel351:

I would've held my hands up in front of her face so she couldn't see the playfield. If she's going to act like a five year old, then that's obviously the only method of communication she understands.

I know.... I played these scenarios out in my mind but chose to simply walk away.... Just not a big fan of confrontation or drama. I remember what she looks like.....If I see her this year, I'll just avoid her.

#39 9 years ago

If you've received a CAX 2014 flyer in the mail, the game room in the background... is mine.

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

If I see her this year, I'll just avoid her.

Nah, point her out to me. I'll start four player games over and over in front of her for you.

#41 9 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Gotta agree about the rude people and game hogs.... I was surprised how many people played 4 player games by themselves or would just keep pressing replay after a game despite someone in line behind them. I got into it last year with a woman that camped out on a Metallica LE, would look back to see me standing in line, smirk and continue playing. She pretty much told me to f$&@ off... I was so close to turning the game off....

I think I was behind the same woman. I asked her if she was playing four player by herself and she said yeah and turned around and kept playing. People were queued up waiting too

#42 9 years ago

I didnt run into the girl playing 4 players but a couple years ago i did wait to play the twilight zone .....that was was set for 10 ball....geez
    who sets their game to 10 ball ? i don't get it

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

I think I was behind the same woman. I asked her if she was playing four player by herself and she said yeah and turned around and kept playing. People were queued up waiting too

She was Asian and had a young child with her (who was running around the place.) Hopefully she won't be there this year.

#44 9 years ago

I have no problem turning a game off on a hog, had one guy ask who the F are you.
    I told him I was the owner of the game and the guy that would toss him out if I saw him do this again.
    I opened the game and adjusted the tilt, some people have no respect for the games or other people waiting.
    Fortunately these people are the exception and not the rule.

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinwillie:

I didnt run into the girl playing 4 players but a couple years ago i did wait to play the Twilight Zone .....that was was set for 10 ball....geez
    who sets their game to 10 ball ? i don't get it

We played that one together, too, pinwillie. The only thing longer than a 10-ball game is a two player 10-ball game! Was that two years ago or last year? I don't recall. The years just kind of blend together at this point. I do remember apologizing to the couple that was behind us waiting to play the game, though.

If that one's there again, I say we hunt down the tech to get the keys from him and set it to 5 ball, so it's still generous, just not ridiculous.

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Was that two years ago or last year?

I guess it was last year

#47 9 years ago

We will have custom Refinery games and mods on hand as well as THE MATRIX!

1 week later
    #48 9 years ago

I'm bringing my Speakeasy this year. You don't see that one around much these days.
    Confession: I totally took advantage of that 10-ball TZ last year.
    OP: My boy is bringing a buddy, so you and I will have mo' time to hang.

#49 9 years ago

wow...too cool man... looking forward to checking out the matrix.

Quoted from Zdoor:

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from Nexyss:

Just spend more time at the bar BSing. I probably play games for maybe 2 hours the whole weekend at this point, but I enjoy seeing friends that I only see once or twice a year.

Could not have said it better! Get some R&R, eat, drink, swim, chill by the pool, sit in the hot tub, smoke cigars and other things..., oh and play a little pinball!!

Quoted from Zdoor:

I remember talking to you about this a while back Gio, now it's finally time to see this work of art in person, can't wait!!

There are 158 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-unofficial-california-extreme-2014-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.