(Topic ID: 92342)

The unofficial 2015 pin a go go thread

By mrgone

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0781.JPG
    IMG_0779.JPG
    IMG_0780.JPG
    IMG_0778.JPG
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    391157-i.jpg
    391156-i.jpg
    image.jpg
    #2.jpg
    20150117_ARCEXPO_web.jpg
    20140518_spirit2-V2.jpg
    20140518_spirit1-V2.jpg
    2015-06-10 17.26.57-1.jpg
    image.jpg
    spirit pinball machines.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 9 years ago

Anybody bringing anything to sell?

8 months later
    #194 9 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

... but I won't be attending this year.

Whoa whoa whoa! WTF?! You and Josh are part of the reason PAGG is what it is!

1 month later
    #382 9 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

If I made a pinball related poster to sell at PAGG would people prefer:
    11"x17" which is a more standard size frame
    Or 12.25"x17.25" which is bigger but may be harder to find a frame for.

I use the 13x19 black Trendsetter frames from Michael's for most of my pinball show posters, and I just use the black background around the edges for whatever the poster doesn't cover. They're pretty cheap, especially when they're on sale for buy 1 get 1 free. Link below:

http://www.michaels.com/studio-d%C3%A9cor%C2%AE-trendsetter%E2%84%A2-frame-black-13%22-x-19%22/10105276.html?cm_mmc=Sq1_Search-_-GooglePLA-_-Studio%20Decor-_-Studio%20D%86%FE%1Dpp%F3%AEN6BTjt9Hj%0Eer^@V

#409 9 years ago

With the smaller run there is no magic number, the money would be made back quickly enough and since they could sell for less I don't have any worries on that.
    The larger size are a different matter. Those are offset print on enormous four color presses. The cost goes way up because plates are involved, it takes up half a sheet of paper that you would gang run other work with. I would have to sell at least thirty of them just to make the money back on the cost of printing, and I'm just unsure how much demand there would be after thirty.

I would take the smaller size because it fits the frames I already have. Is the pic of the Spirits you're talking about posted somewhere?

1 week later
    #464 9 years ago

2 gets my vote. Like Charland said, I like that the faces are looking at you. One question...the color of the same pic Charland posted is a little more colorful?

Spirit #2.jpgSpirit #2.jpg

#492 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinsane:

Thanks for the comments and critiques on the photos. I've made some modifications which can be seen below.
    As much as I liked my buddy Ty's LED-ized Spirit, I've taken your suggestions and made the leftmost pin match the others.
    One of my favorite photographers, Jay Maisel, counsels photographers to "check your corners". While I personally like seeing the interior of the room, I've added a vignette to reduce distractions in the corners of photo # 1.
    Regarding the warmth/intensity of colors, I had locally rebalanced the incandescent lighting when I submitted the photos to PracticalSteve. Based on your comments, I've set them back to the warmer colors. In my defense, these are HDR photos (which tend to exaggerate saturation) that were originally balanced to the overhead mercury lights so the incandescents end up pretty orange...
    Desaturating photo 2 was an artistic choice, the micro-contrast was dialed up pretty high, and I thought by pulling back the colors it created a suitably eerie effect. I stand by this choice.
    Thanks again for the comments. I hope you like whichever poster gets produced.
    Steve SDTM
    Photo # 1:
    20140518_spirit1-V2.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
    Photo # 2:
    20140518_spirit2-V2.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

D'oh! Can I change my vote? The changes in #1 look awesome!

#580 8 years ago

dog was found! attention can now return to being 99% pinball!! Just have to give her a skunk bath later

This is good to hear! Five of the worst days of my life was dealing with the search of a lost dog. I felt like the guy in the tv show "Run, Joe, Run." Always a day late from where he had been. Knocking on doors and being told, "That dog was around the neighborhood yesterday, but I haven't seen him today."

Edit: I found him after five days. He was about to get shot with a tranquilizer by animal control, and I came pulling up in my car, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

1 week later
    #664 8 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Time to plan the pinside pagg photo.
    I'm thinking 3pm Saturday at sparky's BBQ shack.
    What say you pinheads? 3pm work for you?

Why not make it 1:30? I know people will be coming and going throughout the afternoon because of the tournament and volunteer slots, but I'd love to have the majority of people at the bbq between 12-1pm. Trudeau will be at the bbq from 12-1pm. Any pinsiders showing up for a pic are certainly invited to show up to meet and mingle at the bbq, as well. That's the purpose of the bbq! Why wait until 3?

#667 8 years ago

While we are on the topic of the bbq...if you don't receive SPG or league notifications, Pinsiders are welcome, as well. All I ask is that you contribute in some way (potluck sidedish, dessert, or beverages to share). I also hope you stay to eat, mingle, and get to know the people who share a love for the hobby with you (especially between 12 - 1pm). If you have tournament, vendor, or volunteer obligations, we understand. You're welcome to make a plate and get back to your duties. If you plan on playing in the tournament, do not choose the morning tee times. You won't be finished in time to make the bbq.

Trudeau will be at the bbq between 12-1pm, and then he has autograph duties at the show. In my one experience meeting John and exchanging emails recently, I have found that he is very accessible. Make him feel at home, but no autograph requests during the bbq, please.

If there is anyone attending with good photography skills, lots of pics would be greatly appreciated. There have been some years where the pics have been sadly lacking.

#673 8 years ago
    Quoted from gaspumprob:

Were is Sparky's BBQ shack?
    Thanks,
    Rob

Bbq is at 12, picture is at 1:30, not 3pm. You'll see all the tables and pop up shades in the RV area.

#744 8 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

Damn Lauren send pic of trailer! First time to PAGG need to meet a whole bunch of you pinsiders

BBQ is at noon on Saturday at my trailer. Pot-luck, so contribute if you can. Loren's trailer is usually pretty close to mine.

#746 8 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

Perfect. Flying in and will stop at one of your American Supermarkets that give you about 10 times the food for the same price as in Canada! Suggestions on what to bring?

A lot of those American Supermarkets have a deli section where you can get about 50 different salad types by the pound (American weight measurement ). If you see something else that inspires you, anything is welcome! Desserts from the bakery are good, too!

#906 8 years ago

PAGG isn't like other shows where speakers and seminars happen all weekend, its more about playing and getting to know folks. There are tournaments on Saturday and Sunday I believe. John Trudea is signing autographs Saturday afternoon. Theres the swap meet Saturday morning. Sunday has a pinball clinic. There should be a schedule at the show, but theres no seminars if thats what you are after.

And the best part of the show... BBQ at noon at my trailer (brats and hot dogs). Pot luck, so bring something if you can. Officially it's "SPG's 8th Annual PAGG BBQ," but the invite has been extended to local leagues and Pinsiders. Trudeau will be there from 12 - 1. Pinside picture around 1:30.

#1098 8 years ago

A big thanks goes out to all who attended and contributed to the bbq! I would leave someone out if I started listing names, but the bbq couldn't be what it is without all the contributions of such a wonderful community of people! I think we should do it again next year!

#1142 8 years ago

bbq 15 a.jpgbbq 15 a.jpg

bbq 15 c.jpgbbq 15 c.jpg

bbq 15 d.jpgbbq 15 d.jpg

#1146 8 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Love Trudeau modeling the mustard

I think it's a clue to his next title

#1151 8 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

My second year at PAGG,had tons of fun!!Fri.got there early,only six in line at that time! Finally,1oclock in we go.Gee the whole place is already FULL! Where did these folks come from??Walked over to the new TWD,and WM,twelve guys already deep in play! Never got near either one of those all weekend!So,had my pinside t shirt on,nobody said hello,saw no pinsiders at all and they were all around me!Said hello to John T on fri and thanked him for coming!Won a poster at the silent auction! Sat,met practicalsteve and his dad and i were members of the same masonic lodge,what a small world! Had fun watching all of you at Sparkys,talked in depth with John T! Do any of you know what he does for a hobby?Met a pinsider from Reno,had a nice chat.Bought posters from steve,and that plastic lubricant really works well!! Sunday,went to pinball school and learned a few tricks!! C U all next year!!

Did you make a plate at the bbq and introduce yourself to me? I met a ton of Pinsiders coming through the line, and sorry if I forgot any that came through the line.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-unofficial-2015-pin-a-go-go-thread?tu=sparky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.