(Topic ID: 92342)

The unofficial 2015 pin a go go thread

By mrgone

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0781.JPG
    IMG_0779.JPG
    IMG_0780.JPG
    IMG_0778.JPG
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    391157-i.jpg
    391156-i.jpg
    image.jpg
    #2.jpg
    20150117_ARCEXPO_web.jpg
    20140518_spirit2-V2.jpg
    20140518_spirit1-V2.jpg
    2015-06-10 17.26.57-1.jpg
    image.jpg
    spirit pinball machines.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pismoarcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 9 years ago

So looking forward to PAGG since I was unable to make CAX this year.

I also have no suggestions on how to improve PAGG save for two things that are out of your control; air conditioning and on site beer sales. Like others have said, it's run extremely well.

On a side note, I was going through some stuff and I came across my 2012 PPE poster and sighed. How I miss staying at the Embassy Suites and walking over the bridge to hundreds of pinball machines. I really wish they would bring it back.

4 months later
    #162 9 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Ugh. Found out my sons preschools annual fundraiser is the same Saturday night as PAGG! My wife works there as well, so I cannot get out of it
    Guess volunteering thursday and being there all day Friday and Sunday will have to be good enough this year.

Just heard date was changed again! Not the same weekend now!

Whew.... That was close. I was getting ready to "thumbs down" you for the first time.

2 weeks later
    #232 9 years ago

I played one of the Spirits for the final half hour on Sunday until they shut the power off and closed it down.

A nice way to end last year's PAGG.

1 week later
    #289 9 years ago

Getting closer.. Getting more excited each day....

Looking forward to hanging out with MrGone, PracticalSteve, and anyone else I'm fortunate enough to meet.

Looking forward to the swap meet!

Looking forward to gaining 5 pounds on Popeye's chicken!

#303 9 years ago

Decided to roll the dice and stay at the Motel 6.... It'll be my first time in one in years, but the Yelp and TripAdvisor reviews make it look good.... Anyone ever stay there?

#308 9 years ago

The best western full already?

No, but I was intrigued by the positive reviews and the price. (I figure the money I save can going toward buying pinball stuff.) Borygard confirmed what I had heard about it formerly being a Red Roof.

Gonna give it a shot and it if blows then it's back to the Best Western next year.

#310 9 years ago

You too, Steve!

eh... Doesn't look too bad for 60 bucks a night. Fridge and microwave, too!

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #322 9 years ago

Count me in, Steve!

I'll reimburse you for your cost...thanks!

#332 9 years ago

Glad I booked early! Someone else on here said the super 8 was good too.

Motel 6 looks much better than Super 8, IMO. Much better online reviews.

#333 9 years ago

Really looking forward to the swap meet! I always pick up a couple of goodies to bring home.

You selling stuff this year, Steve?

1 week later
    #367 9 years ago

Tore myself away from the Skit-B/JPop soap opera to ACTUALLY PLAY SOME PINBALL TODAY! So can't wait for PAGG! Gonna be a blast!

1 week later
    #371 9 years ago

Hmmm... The game list only has about a couple of dozen pins so far.

I know it's early.... Hoping to see more added in the coming days.

1 week later
    #431 9 years ago

I'll buy whichever size you end up making.... Thanks for doing this Steve! You're a good egg.

#555 9 years ago

Got family over watching the hockey game *YAWN!*
    Getting some work done.

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I see mine! Thanks, Steve!

#562 9 years ago

Haven't voted since the revision... Gotta change my vote to #1.

2 weeks later
    #678 8 years ago

Wow! I count 183 pins listed so far....and that's not counting the ones that show up that aren't listed!

#716 8 years ago

Took a look at the vendors, damn who is going to take all my money? No BAA, Starship fantasy not listed (I sent them a message on facebook to double check), Twisted Pins listed, but I swore they were done?!?!
    Anyway, there are still some great vendors, its not all sour grapes. Of course Rob Anthony, always great stuff. Cliffy will have stuff, hoping he brings a rollergames ramp protector (hint hint). Nifty LED are great guys with great products. Really wanted that CPR plastics set for RG without having to pay shipping though.
    And sincerely, thank you to the vendors that do come to this little show. I try and hold off on buying anything the couple months beforehand so I can support the fact that you travel so far to be at the show. Thank you again.
    EDIT:Starship confirmed they regretfully cannot make it this year.

Hmmmm.... One of the (many) things I love about PAGG is that it falls close to my birthday and I generally just buy a ton o' pinball merch from the vendors as my birthday gift.

Bummer that some vendors won't be making it this year.... Thank you to the ones that will.

#776 8 years ago

In the past I have heard some complaints that the corners on the ID badges are too sharp and can poke you. Everyone that reserves one ahead of time gets their corners trimmed.

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Yay!...For once...I'm numero uno!!!!

#874 8 years ago

I played a Spirit last year until the power was turned off on Sunday.

Gonna be the last one out on Sunday this year, too.

#905 8 years ago
    Quoted from VacFink:

I don't see a complete Schedule for all 3 days on the Pin-a-Go-Go site, is there one posted anywhere?
    Anyone recommend places to eat/checkout Saturday night after or Sunday AM for breakfast.
    Curious too if anyone else from Visalia and area are traveling up. Would be nice to meet any locals.

CAX is more of a seminar show... and a good one at that.

#919 8 years ago
    Quoted from johnnyutah:

Might have been covered somewhere in the 19 pages but what is the alcohol policy at PAGG? This will be my second year going and a buddy of mine said beer used to be sold? Is this the case? Looking forward to the show whether beer or water is sold-

No beer or alcohol is sold or allowed inside PAGG.

However..... The parking lot has been the scene for those that want to imbibe the last few years.... Just be discreet. They sell cokes inside and some have been known to add a little adult beverage to the mix.

CAX, on the other hand, has a full bar.

#921 8 years ago

Looks like rain is no longer a concern for the weekend!

Mild temps, too! Much better than sweltering hot past times.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #961 8 years ago

Dang.... No Molly or Aurich..... Two legendary Pinsiders I was looking forward to meeting.

#963 8 years ago
    Quoted from Curtis_Playfield:

Right now I just have your standard grampa cane but I'm thinking I might go for more of a scepter type/crystal ball item that shoots lasers, should this turn into a long term thing. Pismo are you in Pismo Beach? I am there several times a year; I'll buy you an oat soda next time I'm there. Also Aurich is way more famous and fun to meet than I am!

Yep... Lived here since '67. I'll take you up on the oat soda and some pinball next time you're in town. Still hoping your doctor gives you the green light for PAGG.

#1058 8 years ago

Chillin' in my room after yet another amazing PAGG.....Everything about the event this year couldn't have gone better. From the mild weather, to the smiling volunteers, this year's PAGG was everything I hoped it would be. A few highlights:

The people: I really enjoyed hanging out with two of my favorite pinball enthusiasts... PracticalSteve & MrGone. Both are true ambassadors for our hobby. Thank you so much to Steve for making up (and customizing at least one) Pinside badges, totally gratis. Steve was also the guy that made those amazing Spirit and the pinball schematics posters....MrGone's enthusiasm for pinball is infectious and it was a pleasure to chat with MrsGone. Totally awesome couple.

The pins: I learned that I really like Star Trek LE, Baracora, Monopoly, Dr. Who, RCT, and the original Flintstones, more than I remember.... BOP2 is very nice....Had a hard time warming up to WWE, and TWD, but I understand that it's hard to judge a new pin without hearing the callouts. MMR is flippin' amazing, and,... oh yeah... some day I gotta own a Junkyard.

I also got the Grand Champion score on the Flintstone's pin. Rocked that machine for what seemed like forever...

Thank you to everyone involved in putting together the best west coast pinball show around. Looking forward to 2016.

Tony

#1131 8 years ago

Oh.... and thank you to Nifty for the TSPP LED's I purchased! Going in on Thursday!

1 week later
    #1164 8 years ago

I mentioned it in another thread... I'm a big Stern geek, and I didn't care for WWE at all. Of course, this is without hearing the callouts and music.

The ring just annoyed me for some reason. I played it 5 times, hoping it would grow on me.

It didn't.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pismoarcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-unofficial-2015-pin-a-go-go-thread?tu=pismoarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.