(Topic ID: 92342)

The unofficial 2015 pin a go go thread

By mrgone

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0781.JPG
    IMG_0779.JPG
    IMG_0780.JPG
    IMG_0778.JPG
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    391157-i.jpg
    391156-i.jpg
    image.jpg
    #2.jpg
    20150117_ARCEXPO_web.jpg
    20140518_spirit2-V2.jpg
    20140518_spirit1-V2.jpg
    2015-06-10 17.26.57-1.jpg
    image.jpg
    spirit pinball machines.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nexyss.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 9 years ago

251 days until I get to try The Walking Dead!

4 months later
    #133 9 years ago
    Quoted from donjagra:

I am planning on brining the whole family this year. I am really hoping that I won't be the only one having a great time.

If the rest of the family isn't into the show, it is only a 15-30 minute drive to Sacramento, so they don't need to be bored in Dixon. Except for a few places to eat, Dixon offers just about nothing. I end up driving to Sac or Vacaville whenever I need a little break from the show.

1 month later
    #252 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBulbs:

Unfortunately, our booth and games got denied this year. Bummer!
    Perhaps we will be able to come 2016! Always wanted to attend this one since it's purely pinball with quite the variety of eras
    We will be running a sale regardless during the show on our website!
    See ya'll at the NW show shortly after!

What is the reason they gave for denying you a booth? It would have been great for people to be able to see your kits in person.

#275 9 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I highly disagree with whoever denied you. Unless there's zero vendor space left, I don't see what the problem is. Your kits are outstanding and I'd love to see and play 6-8 of your fully-restored games with your kits inside.

In this situation, you should just bring the 6-8 pins down and set them up as an exhibitor. I think it would be even more impressive if they were mixed in with all the other pins at the show. Then you could set up a booth to sell the kits out at the car show, or set up a pickup point at the hotel.

Either way, it will be great to see a booth at CAX (although I would probably still mix a few pins in the general layout). Sounds like they aren't trying to support just one LED seller as much as PAGG is.

#279 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBulbs:

Not to sound too lame here, but I'd personally want all games by our booth so we can keep an eye on them. It's not like we mind nudging, death saving or tilting etc, but when you have a game that costs X it's nice to keep an eye on it.
    I'm not sure we'd sell any on a hotel pickup or the car show? At least not enough to cover costs of traveling and transporting pins right?

One guy last year bought a Metallica LE NIB at the show and ripped it open and put it out on the floor. There are a lot of other expensive games out there as well. In your case, I wouldn't even bring the really expensive ones. The kits for games like Demo Man and No Fear are just as impressive as any of them.

I don't know if you would sell enough to make the trip, and a booth would be great, but they aren't allowing that. If you you posted a show special here on pinside, then offered free pickup near the show, I would think that would get some people to buy. The only complaint I hear about your kits is that there is too much purple. I hear people say that all the time when they see pics on here, but I have never heard anyone say it when they see my pins in person. The camera really emphasizes the purple a lot more than my eyes do.

Anyway, it was just a suggestion to get around them excluding you from getting a booth.

1 week later
    #307 9 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

The best western full already?

I booked my room there around 2pm today. She said she still had a few rooms left.

1 month later
    #536 8 years ago

Please put me on the badge list. Maybe I will meet a few more people this year. Thanks

1 week later
    #607 8 years ago

mrgone, it has been a while since you have given us an update. How much longer do we have to wait?

#644 8 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Anyone else use Instagram and plan on posting pics of the show? I am. I'm not a big hashtag guy but would be cool to see others pin pics. #PAGG?
    I'm practicalsteve on there as well if you want to be #instabuddies

I don't take a lot of pics, but if I do, I will try to remember to use #PAGG. I am powerliftingandpinball on instagram.

2 weeks later
    #1077 8 years ago

I had a great time this year. Thanks to Practical Steve for the badges. I was able to meet quite a few more pinsiders this year.

Highlights of the show for me:
    Buying glass for my Revenge From Mars. No more scratches to deal with!!!

Bride of Pinbot 2.0. I thought this was a nice upgrade. I didn't get far enough to see how the face was used in the space theme, but I liked what I saw.

As usual, I enjoyed playing AFM and Medieval Madness. Dammit! I really don't want to buy those, but they are starting to seem like obvious choices for me.

The biggest surprise of the show for me was Whitewater. I don't think I have ever played it before, and I had a lot of fun playing it. I think I will start looking for one.

As usual, the best part of the show was catching up with friends and meeting new ones.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nexyss.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-unofficial-2015-pin-a-go-go-thread?tu=nexyss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.