(Topic ID: 92342)

The unofficial 2015 pin a go go thread

By mrgone

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0781.JPG
    IMG_0779.JPG
    IMG_0780.JPG
    IMG_0778.JPG
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    391157-i.jpg
    391156-i.jpg
    image.jpg
    #2.jpg
    20150117_ARCEXPO_web.jpg
    20140518_spirit2-V2.jpg
    20140518_spirit1-V2.jpg
    2015-06-10 17.26.57-1.jpg
    image.jpg
    spirit pinball machines.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#171 9 years ago

I'm going to do my best to make it up to PAGG this year, I didn't get my shit together last year and was sad.

#175 9 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

It's a really good time Aurich, worth the drive. Machines usually in top notch condition due to all of them being from private collections, usually a good amount of rare ones too.

Yeah I was at PAGG in 2013, just couldn't make it last year, so I know it's a great show.

1 week later
    #198 9 years ago
    Quoted from anubis2night:

If you make it down I'll buy you a beer (also hoping to see some of your custom items in person)

I'll probably fly up, so doubt I'll be able to bring much. Never know what people bring to shows these days though.

I think like 80% of Pinside Shadow owners have my translite on their machines now!

#200 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

The last four shadows I've seen on CL had your translites
    That's pretty cool imo

I can only go by the number of people who's indicated they own the game on Pinside, so hard to know how many people here just don't list it. But of those that do that's the rough %.

#209 9 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

I hope someone brings back those wild games like Sleic Pin-Ball, Flash Dragon,Dark Shadow, Locomotion and Clown? (please). Enjoyed those.

You're probably thinking of the games rvdv brings up, he's super generous about driving up his wacky games all the way from SoCal for the show. Not sure if he's doing it this year or not.

#221 9 years ago

Most definetly! I look forward to the rarer oddball games so much more that playing AFM or MB for the hundreth time.

This, this, this. Don't get me wrong, it's rad to have AFM and MB there, I appreciate everyone who brings their games. But at Arcade Expo I didn't even touch a DMD machine for the most part. Much more fun to play the games I don't get to see.

1 month later
    #426 9 years ago

Pisane is being gracious enough to let me use his image, and I do the grunt work.

The power of Steves combining is impossible to stop!

#437 9 years ago

Can my monkey come with a vape instead? (I also would take a cape as my autocorrect suggested).

#472 9 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

#2 please. #1 is good but the top left corner is distracting.

Agreed. #2 is a better complete composition.

#473 9 years ago

May just be that I imported it from the source onto paint to draw the number on it and had to convert the file, should be the same pic.

I'm positive Steve shot that photo RAW, should be incredibly easy to make all kinds of lossless adjustments to it before printing.

#501 9 years ago

I still like #2 best, it has nice corners.

Either way pinsane's photos are both awesome, you really can't lose. Doesn't matter what show it is, you can always count on him to take incredible shots:

Arcade Expo pinsaneArcade Expo pinsane

#525 9 years ago

Hope I'm not clogging up this thread too much with all this poster talk, people bugged by it? I can make a new thread.

Nope, keeps things lively.

#546 9 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Is that the place in Banning? Man, I need to get down there. Looks like heaven. Even has a bar!

Yup, that's from the show in Banning last January. Come down next year, it's awesome!

#554 9 years ago

I bet this year I will end up talking to people at PAGG way more than I actually play the games like last year, and I am fine with that.

Wait, people go to shows to play games?

#577 9 years ago

Havent even had time to count the votes.

Look Steve, it's time we had a talk about getting your life priorities together.

Good luck finding your dog man, bummer.

2 weeks later
    #738 8 years ago

Tracelifter is a cool guy, and has been a really positive force in pinball. But he's seemed burned out on the hobby for a while now, and maybe just doesn't have the will/desire to be so involved. I dunno, I don't know him well, maybe he just needs a break or change of scenery. He's more than earned it!

#758 8 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

I will def be on the lookout for the one alleged pinball machine on location in all of Honolulu

You should talk to Aaron at FAST, maybe he can loan you his folding pin, you can take it on the flight in case you get the shakes on the island.

#770 8 years ago

Looks like I'm not gonna make it, just ended up being too busy to take a weekend off to fly up. Doing Alien had been like taking on a second job. Sure it will be a great show, enjoy everyone.

#772 8 years ago

That's what I said when I missed last year!

#780 8 years ago

Boo thats a shame. Well you badge is already in the box with the others, if anyone wants to snag it and pretend they are Aurich for the weekend a lot of us wouldn't know

If you do this and put up any high scores make sure you put in ABB!

And Steve, I think I still have the badge you made me at Arcade Expo somewhere!

#867 8 years ago

Pinsane gets the other one.

Obviously a man of impeccable taste.

#949 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Help has arrived!

0514151025.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Are they going to tow your trailer? Man, what a bummer, good luck!!

#960 8 years ago

Is it a pimp cane with a silver skull head that pulls out into a saber? Because I think you could pull that off, just saying.

#966 8 years ago
    Quoted from Curtis_Playfield:

Also Aurich is way more famous and fun to meet than I am!

Yes, because I singlehandedly kept location pinball alive in Los Angeles for years. Oh wait, that was you!

#1084 8 years ago

Man, the reports on WWE have not been kind.

Still a little bummed I missed the show this year, but looking forward to seeing the new games my friend brought home with him. He drove up with 4, and is coming home with 3 different ones. That's how you do it!

I kept my Saturday productive as long as I was at home, sold my Star Trek Premium to make room for an ACDC.

#1087 8 years ago
    Quoted from moto_cat:

I helped him load up his trades , Kyle is a cool cat .

He lives maybe half a mile from me or so, he's my pin buddy!

#1089 8 years ago

Well help him move his games; don't let him do it on his own! A huge crowd of us watched him topple his TZ off the dolly and it was only inches from smashing onto the ground. Some dude in blue shirt sprinted out of nowhere and grabbed the corner as it fell -- very scary! Those wico dollies are horrible on bumpy ground.

Yikes!!

I'm definitely on call to unload games. Not sure if he's back yet or driving home now, I texted him.

That would have been tragic if that TZ smashed. It's got a little playfield wear spot that I'm going airbrush up for him, we'll get it looking nice again.

#1094 8 years ago

It was possibly the most yikes moment I've ever seen at a show that didn't involve booze! But it ended up fine, thankfully, a good lesson for us all. Yup I scoped the TZ; he got a nice deal on it, and your touch ups are all solids, no texture or gradient spots

Yeah, it's just gonna be about getting the color matching as accurate as I can. Shouldn't be too bad, and we'll just slap a mylar patch over it afterwards.

Nice save moto_cat!!

#1111 8 years ago

Just helped the Twilight Zone (safely) out of the trailer and into Kyle's game room. He's got some work to do on that sucker, but we're gonna bring it back to life.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-unofficial-2015-pin-a-go-go-thread?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.