(Topic ID: 92342)

The unofficial 2015 pin a go go thread

By mrgone

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0781.JPG
    IMG_0779.JPG
    IMG_0780.JPG
    IMG_0778.JPG
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    391157-i.jpg
    391156-i.jpg
    image.jpg
    #2.jpg
    20150117_ARCEXPO_web.jpg
    20140518_spirit2-V2.jpg
    20140518_spirit1-V2.jpg
    2015-06-10 17.26.57-1.jpg
    image.jpg
    spirit pinball machines.jpg

There are 1,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 24.
    #351 9 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

I'd love to play a Big Bang Bar,

Never played one? Its cool, I think the rarity gives it a bit more hype than it would get otherwise. Love the art package on that.

Pinwillie was practically giving one away around this time last year, couldn't sell it to save his life!

Quoted from CactusJack:

I would love to play a dialed in Big Game. One of my favorite Classic Sterns I haven't had the privilege to own yet.

Pinsider MOF is hot for that game too, I wouldn't mind playing that one either.

#353 9 years ago

Thanks to great people within the pinball community that volunteer and bring pins PAGG has a great atmosphere and a huge amount of pins to play. Can't wait!!

#354 9 years ago

I still haven't gotten an email back about volunteering on Thursday, anyone else?

#355 9 years ago

Top of my list of games that I have yet to play TX-Sector or Defender or Cosmic Gunfight or Catacomb
    Hope to play one off the list!

#356 9 years ago

I wanna play The Shadow and Congo. Also want to try some of the System 11 titles that are hard to find, like Bad Cats, BBBB, Radical!, Game Show, Transporter the Rescue, and Banzai Run.

#357 9 years ago

Radical will be there!

#358 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

I wanna play The Shadow and Congo. Also want to try some of the System 11 titles that are hard to find, like Bad Cats, BBBB, Radical!, Game Show, Transporter the Rescue, and Banzai Run.

Ill be bringing my buddys game show down.

#359 9 years ago

Sweet guys! 2 down and 6 more to go on my list

#360 9 years ago

Oh, and I want to try a Dungeons & Dragons too. I think one of those next to my GL and SoF would be a pretty sweet trio someday.

#361 9 years ago

Oh, and I want to try a Dungeons & Dragons too. I think one of those next to my GL and SoF would be a pretty sweet trio someday.

Just missed mine, sold it a couple of weeks ago.

#362 9 years ago

Yeah, I wish I was closer to ya. I would have come over to give it a whirl.

#363 9 years ago

Anyone from SoCal coming up to PAGG with room to haul a pin for me for some cash? Molly has a Rollergames she can sell me. You could most likely pick it any time between now and PAGG so it makes it easier to schedule it. Thanks in advance!

#364 9 years ago

Is anyone bringing a WH2O? Also a friend of mine from the office grew up playing Flash and will attend if there's one there. Thanks!

#365 9 years ago

Ok im getting stoked for this now. LOTR is show ready. Gotta get the piano in TZ and do some tweaking/stress tests. Who dunnit will make its return.

Looking into what my 4th game will be. If my buddy gets on the playfield swap then probably silverball mania. If noy I dont know yet.

Flash Gordon is coming home with me though! Score.

#366 9 years ago

Nice Adam, was hoping that you were the one that got that.

#367 9 years ago

Tore myself away from the Skit-B/JPop soap opera to ACTUALLY PLAY SOME PINBALL TODAY! So can't wait for PAGG! Gonna be a blast!

#368 9 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

I still haven't gotten an email back about volunteering on Thursday, anyone else?

Make sure you are on the approved volunteer list or you will be asked to leave the building.

#369 9 years ago

Any interest in 2 standard sheets of Invisiglass with a scratch? I can bring them to PAGG.

Each sheet has 1 light scratch, about 15" long, located 4.5" from the long edge/13" from the short edge. The scratch was a result of pulling the glass across the top edge of a coin door.

Scratch easily gets lost when installed on a game, but is definitely visible under certain angles. See pics. You can see the scratch running across the right "T" drop target in pic #2, but in pic #3, it practically disappears.

I'm too picky to keep them, so I'm open to offers and can bring them to PAGG. Send me a PM.

Thanks!

1_Scratch.JPG1_Scratch.JPG 2_RightTdroptarget.JPG2_RightTdroptarget.JPG 3_HardtoSeeScratch.JPG3_HardtoSeeScratch.JPG
    #370 9 years ago

50 days and counting.
    Game list is up and growing.
    Woo hoo!

#371 9 years ago

Hmmm... The game list only has about a couple of dozen pins so far.

I know it's early.... Hoping to see more added in the coming days.

#372 9 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Hmmm... The game list only has about a couple of dozen pins so far.
    I know it's early.... Hoping to see more added in the coming days.

I'm sure there will be, and I think last year there were a ton that showed up that never even made it on the list.

#373 9 years ago

Maybe I already asked or someone else did, anyone alread have an AMH that they are bringing? Dying to play one.

#374 9 years ago

where do I sign up to volunteer Steve? I had trouble finding it last year and the year before that.

#375 9 years ago

Skill shot just shoot them an email on the contact us page. The volunteer sign ups havent been put together and sent out yet.

#376 8 years ago

If I made a pinball related poster to sell at PAGG would people prefer:

11"x17" which is a more standard size frame

Or 12.25"x17.25" which is bigger but may be harder to find a frame for.

#377 8 years ago

18x24 too! Easy to find.

#378 8 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

18x24 too! Easy to find.

I considered that size but the cost jump to produce 18"x24" is huge! Like astronomically huge. I may look into it some more. I would hate to charge an arm and a leg for a poster. At the smaller size I won't have to charge as much.

#379 8 years ago

I considered that size but the cost jump to produce 18"x24" is huge! Like astronomically huge. I may look into it some more. I would hate to charge an arm and a leg for a poster. At the smaller size I won't have to charge as much.

Maybe a poll is in order?

#380 8 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Maybe a poll is in order?

When I get back to work on Monday I will ask around more about cost and figure out how many would need to sell and for how much to make sure it's not a money losing venture. Not trying to make a ton of cash, but also not trying to LOSE a ton of cash.

#381 8 years ago

Whatever is easiest to frame. Think about how some of the rest of us are not framing experts, and we just want to "Get it done cheap and easy."

-mof

#382 8 years ago

I use the 13x19 black Trendsetter frames from Michael's for most of my pinball show posters, and I just use the black background around the edges for whatever the poster doesn't cover. They're pretty cheap, especially when they're on sale for buy 1 get 1 free. Link below:

http://www.michaels.com/studio-d%C3%A9cor%C2%AE-trendsetter%E2%84%A2-frame-black-13%22-x-19%22/10105276.html?cm_mmc=Sq1_Search-_-GooglePLA-_-Studio%20Decor-_-Studio%20D%86%FE%1Dpp%F3%AEN6BTjt9Hj%0Eer^@V

#383 8 years ago

40 day until pagg.

#384 8 years ago

Hawkmoon,asks,is there someplace where us pinsiders will meet to say hay ,nice to see ya,at pagg, this year,fri.nite maybe!! Anyway,see ya all there

#385 8 years ago

we need to set up the pinside meet and greet.
    last year we all met up and did some pics. it was a blast.
    we can do it again this year.

#387 8 years ago

Is there a games for sale list up somewhere? Considering making the trip.

#388 8 years ago
    Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

http://pinagogo.org/bring-games/

#389 8 years ago

Hawkmoon,says, I see some people will be setting up on thurs.nite,is there a banner or backdrop you can set up for the attending pinsiders???

#390 8 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hawkmoon,says, I see some people will be setting up on thurs.nite,is there a banner or backdrop you can set up for the attending pinsiders???

I will be providing id badges that people can wear so pinsiders can meet each other. Want me to reserve you one?

#391 8 years ago

ID badge for me please

#393 8 years ago

Steve just checking if you have me down for a badge thanks

Also, you guys staying down there?

#394 8 years ago
    Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

DO IT!!!!

#395 8 years ago
    Quoted from Boise_D:

ID badge for me please

Got you down for one.

Quoted from mof:

(I'll bring mine from 2014)

Nice! I encourage anyone that already has one to bring it.

Quoted from anubis2night:

Steve just checking if you have me down for a badge thanks
    Also, you guys staying down there?

Already have you down for one. I am going to help load in on Thursday and come home that night. Then heading up Friday to be there when it opens, staying Friday night at the best western, then all day Saturday until close. Not going Sunday.

#397 8 years ago

So I looked into the pricing for posters again.

Looks like if I wanted to print 18"x24" it would cost quite a bit making the posters cost substantially more as well.

Heres whats up. Pinsane and myself want to print some posters of the awesome Spirit lineup from last year. The photo is gorgeous and will make for an amazing poster. After cost of printing, one third of proceeds will go directly to PAGG, and basically any other proceeds after that would go to PAGG inadvertently as well being spent on auction tickets and supporting vendors. I am not trying to make a mint on these, just think it would be a fun thing to make and sell. I also don't want to lose money on them though.

Full disclosure, I am putting up for all the printing costs, hassle of bringing and plan on selling them at the flea market. Pisane is being gracious enough to let me use his image, and I do the grunt work. Or you can find me any time all day Friday or Saturday, arrangements could possibly be arranged if you were only coming Sunday but that would have to be determined.

If I make 11x17 posters the cost is way down and I can sell them at a very reasonable rate, like 5$ or 7$

If I make 18x24 posters I would have to at least double that to 12$ or 15$ to make sure I don't lose money. These would be offset printed on nice thick cardstock.

What are peoples opinion? I will do the smaller size for sure no matter what, I basically want to know about interest in a larger size.

#398 8 years ago

12 to 15 bucks aint bad! I thought you would shoot out 20-30

Heck, if a good portion is going to PAGG, why not do the 18x24, after all it goes to charity!

#399 8 years ago

Yeah, any nice poster under $30 is a good deal to me Steve. I would love some one to come up with a variety of minimalist pinball posters to sell as well (hint hint). Something along these lines but could be generic of the pinball title:
    http://gameroomjunkies.com/index.php/category/minimalist-arcade-posters/

So like a flipper, or an outline of a machine, pop bumper, etc etc. Even pinball schematics for something generic like a shooter assembly or pop bumper:
    shooterAssembly.gifshooterAssembly.gif

#400 8 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

12 to 15 bucks aint bad! I thought you would shoot out 20-30
    Heck, if a good portion is going to PAGG, why not do the 18x24, after all it goes to charity!

I like your spirit! (see what I did there ) the only problem with the larger ones is that along with the cost that mean I have to sell quite a few until the money is made back from the printing, so there may be a better chance to make money for charity with the smaller size. I'm going to keep thinking on it, I have a few days before I need to make a decision.

Yeah, any nice poster under $30 is a good deal to me Steve. I would love some one to come up with a variety of minimalist pinball posters to sell as well (hint hint). Something along these lines but could be generic of the pinball title:
    http://gameroomjunkies.com/index.php/category/minimalist-arcade-posters/
    So like a flipper, or an outline of a machine, pop bumper, etc etc. Even pinball schematics for something generic like a shooter assembly or pop bumper:
    shooterAssembly.gif

I LOVE that idea but the problem I would think would be you would get into some areas of copywrite infringement and patents. Something I don't want to deal with. I have long thought about getting a tattoo like your example of a pop bumper. I wish I had better technical graphic design skills, as I have plenty of ideas but no way to get them on paper.

There are 1,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-unofficial-2015-pin-a-go-go-thread/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.