5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,175 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Luisrobinson
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 132 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0781.JPG
    IMG_0779.JPG
    IMG_0780.JPG
    IMG_0778.JPG
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    391157-i.jpg
    391156-i.jpg
    image.jpg
    #2.jpg
    20150117_ARCEXPO_web.jpg
    20140518_spirit2-V2.jpg
    20140518_spirit1-V2.jpg
    2015-06-10 17.26.57-1.jpg
    image.jpg
    spirit pinball machines.jpg

There are 1175 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 24.
    #1051 4 years ago

I was there for three days Pete... How the hell did we not see each other? Oh wells. Good thing you are just 10 min from me!

On a side note, I finally got to meet Molly. What a sweetheart! Such a cool lady with a killer attitude!

Rob Bell
    Robsgameroom.com

image.jpg
    #1052 4 years ago

I met Molly too, and had a picture taken. Met Practical Steve.
    I ended up with grand champ scores on Flintstones and Break Shot.

#1053 4 years ago

Just got home. It was great to see everyone and make a new friend or two. I particularly enjoyed playing Brad's Creature with the LCD in the playfield, SOF, Fish Tales, DE Star Wars and Radical. Gilligan's Island was cooler than I expected. I'm afraid Wrestlemania is a turd. Cheers to Tom for putting on a good tournament and to everone who brought pins. No cheers for the rent a cop who made me pour out my beer. Apologies if my peel out disturbed any campers Friday night.

#1054 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBellMan:

I was there for three days Pete... How the hell did we not see each other? Oh wells. Good thing you are just 10 min from me!

I don't know Rob I kept an eye out for ya. We'll have to get together one of these days and play a few! I did leave my initials as the grand champ score on your Fastbreak though

#1055 4 years ago

perfect weather
    great many fellow pinheads to visit and talk and re-acquaint with.
    Played both Game Plan's Cyclopes and Andromeda
    GTB Spirit and Rocky were pleasure to play also
    reaffirmed that WMS EM Apollo is a great game.
    Happy to see that my former pin Jungle Princess
    made it to the show now under the care of the PPM.
    Thanks to Larry Z and Brad Grant and Don H and Chris Kuntz and Steve Charland and
    all who brought many many pins to share.
    Only bummer was not bumping into some of my new fellow Northwestern pinheads at the show,
    with exception of Lou and TimMe who i saw at Matt's pinball ranch in Tres Pinos the night before.

#1056 4 years ago

Had a GREAT time. Grabbed me a Excalibur, stoked!

#1057 4 years ago

Awesome show as always.

I got to play Brad's BOP 2.0 and it's pretty awesome what they did with that game. I'm not sure if it's two kilobucks awesome, but pretty awesome. The graphics and video mode are unlike anything that's been done before in a DMD-style display.

I ran into Cary Carmichael who runs the Monterey Pinball League and I played with him and a guy in his league who has one arm. Ben Heck built a device for him to control both flippers with one hand but during the time we played we just did split flipper, so I never got to see the Ben Heck device in action.

Tom Collins did an amazing job with the tournament this year. When I showed up Friday and offered to help he told me he was feeling sick and didn't know if he was getting worse or getting better. Fortunately, he rallied and everything went very smoothly, even with 130 entrants. He raised lots of money for the kids and everyone I spoke with had a great time.

Chris Heilig of EBPL and SPL won the Open tournament, finally de-throning three-peat champion Josh Lehan! Sean Dolcini, who routes many of the games at Free Gold Watch in SF, won the Novice Division. I qualified in the Open Divison with a solid score but came up one shy in the first round to advance. Eh...that's pinball.

Of course, had to play a few games of Swords of Fury.

lionman.jpg

#1058 4 years ago

Chillin' in my room after yet another amazing PAGG.....Everything about the event this year couldn't have gone better. From the mild weather, to the smiling volunteers, this year's PAGG was everything I hoped it would be. A few highlights:

The people: I really enjoyed hanging out with two of my favorite pinball enthusiasts... PracticalSteve & MrGone. Both are true ambassadors for our hobby. Thank you so much to Steve for making up (and customizing at least one) Pinside badges, totally gratis. Steve was also the guy that made those amazing Spirit and the pinball schematics posters....MrGone's enthusiasm for pinball is infectious and it was a pleasure to chat with MrsGone. Totally awesome couple.

The pins: I learned that I really like Star Trek LE, Baracora, Monopoly, Dr. Who, RCT, and the original Flintstones, more than I remember.... BOP2 is very nice....Had a hard time warming up to WWE, and TWD, but I understand that it's hard to judge a new pin without hearing the callouts. MMR is flippin' amazing, and,... oh yeah... some day I gotta own a Junkyard.

I also got the Grand Champion score on the Flintstone's pin. Rocked that machine for what seemed like forever...

Thank you to everyone involved in putting together the best west coast pinball show around. Looking forward to 2016.

Tony

#1059 4 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

finally de-throning three-peat champion Josh Lehan!

I still can't believe he got 3 in a row. I am glad it wasn't 4 though

#1060 4 years ago

I couldn't stay for the bbq, but I did stop by & say hi to Mark & put some Shock Tops in the cooler for you guys. Another great PAGG in the books, next up CAX.

#1061 4 years ago

Great time at PAGG... special "Thanks" to all the guys who put it together (way in advance).

And a special shout out to Sparky for another amazing BBQ and meet / greet. Always a ton of fun to eat & talk pinball.

Thanks again!
    Kerry

#1062 4 years ago

BTW... I heard Brad's CFTBL had the new LED display in the Creature window.

Also, heard about the "Creature" having a saucy naked gal over his knee (who apparently was bad). It only took me 8 games and 24 balls to finally see it. Well worth the wait.

Thanks Brad and all who brought such cool games to make it another AMAZING PAGG.

#1063 4 years ago

I played a game of Spirit after hearing Blownfuse coaching another player. I didn't do so well, but it was still a fun game with ton's of stuff to do/shots to make. I came back to it again today and was able to get a multiball on ball 2 (or 3?). I held that multiball down for a good duration, then lost it and noticed my score broke 1,000,000. I finished out my last couple balls achieving 2 more multiballs, giving me a final score just over 3,000,000.

I heard him talk about the 7th digit but now I know EXACTLY why that mod is so cool. I couldn't track how many times I rolled it without the 7th digit. I get "uninspired" to roll my BH, since it doesn't count - and resets

I was able to compare my score to the actual hiscore - That's awesome
    Thanks for sharing Blownfuse

Spirit.jpg Spirit High Score.jpg
    #1064 4 years ago

Well folks, that's a wrap.
    It's all done until next year.
    It's been an amazing weekend.
    Here are a few pics from the end of the show.
    See you all in 2016 the 20th pagg.
    It is going to be the best yet.

image.jpg image-733.jpg image-943.jpg
    #1065 4 years ago

A few more.

image.jpg image-473.jpg image-485.jpg image-586.jpg image-506.jpg image-815.jpg image-950.jpg
    #1066 4 years ago

Who installed the LEDs in that dog's eyes???

#1067 4 years ago

Does anyone have links to media coverage?
    I haven't seen any and would love to see a news segment....
    I seen someone that looked like they were recording outside the Denverton Hall on Saturday night. I did a little jiggly dance as I realized they were recording (but I think I was outta the picture at the time)

#1068 4 years ago

Fyi for anybody who played BoP2 in the main hall. We racked up 641 plays! Just amazing!

I also noticed the wax was worn off of my judge dredd. It was clear that the machine was well loved!

Thanks to all who came out to my first ever clinic, all of those friends I never get to see often enough, the show organizers, my kickass Lodi crew for helping with the truck and most off all my family for enjoying it with me.

To quote mrgone "only 363 days until pagg!"

#1069 4 years ago

I had a blast!! everyone was awesome and I got to play a bunch of pins that I had been wanting to play for a while. Now I want to buy a few games like hardbody and rollergames. I was also glad to get my Translite and apron card signed by Trudeau who was awesome and friendly. Thanks again to everyone who put in the hours for this great show and cant wait until next year.

#1070 4 years ago

A few pics. Had lunch with John Trudeau (check out his name tag... "I make games"), met Molly from Pins and Needles, a SPG/Pinside group photo and why is Brian resting his leg on Dan's lap???

Rob Bell
    Robsgameroom.com

IMG_3802.jpg IMG_3804.jpg IMG_3810.jpg IMG_3805.jpg
    #1071 4 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

Does anyone have links to media coverage?
    I haven't seen any and would love to see a news segment....
    I seen someone that looked like they were recording outside the Denverton Hall on Saturday night. I did a little jiggly dance as I realized they were recording (but I think I was outta the picture at the time)

here you go.
    http://fox40.com/2015/05/16/pinball-event-benefits-dixon-youth/

#1072 4 years ago

Woa didn't see that jug of Fireball floating around early on Saturday. I did see what the other jug of fireball did later on that night. It was all bad. What the hell was I looking at to the right in the group photo? Whatever it was PDXmonkey saw it as well.

#1073 4 years ago

Can't wait for 2016!

#1074 4 years ago
    Quoted from Xscrapiron:

Woa didn't see that jug of Fireball floating around early on Saturday. I did see what the other jug of fireball did later on that night. It was all bad. What the hell was I looking at to the right in the group photo? Whatever it was PDXmonkey saw it as well.

Fashionablely late Canadian friends

#1075 4 years ago
    Quoted from twista22:

I had a blast!! everyone was awesome and I got to play a bunch of pins that I had been wanting to play for a while. Now I want to buy a few games like hardbody and rollergames. I was also glad to get my Translite and apron card signed by Trudeau who was awesome and friendly. Thanks again to everyone who put in the hours for this great show and cant wait until next year.

Hit up pinballholder he has a rollergames for you right in rocklin

#1076 4 years ago

Looks like it was awesome. 2nd year in a row I couldn't make it.

#1077 4 years ago

I had a great time this year. Thanks to Practical Steve for the badges. I was able to meet quite a few more pinsiders this year.

Highlights of the show for me:
    Buying glass for my Revenge From Mars. No more scratches to deal with!!!

Bride of Pinbot 2.0. I thought this was a nice upgrade. I didn't get far enough to see how the face was used in the space theme, but I liked what I saw.

As usual, I enjoyed playing AFM and Medieval Madness. Dammit! I really don't want to buy those, but they are starting to seem like obvious choices for me.

The biggest surprise of the show for me was Whitewater. I don't think I have ever played it before, and I had a lot of fun playing it. I think I will start looking for one.

As usual, the best part of the show was catching up with friends and meeting new ones.

#1078 4 years ago
    Quoted from TronGuy:

Looks like it was awesome. 2nd year in a row I couldn't make it.

sorry you could not be there. next year hopefully we will see you there.

#1079 4 years ago

Such an amazing weekend, finally have time to say how I feel about it.

First off, huge props to Pinballholder, Cheddar, and all the other people that volunteer their time to put on such an amazing show. Pinballholder especially, that guy was always working! I know I saw him play at least one pin though, so he probably could have worked a little harder Everyone else that helps set up and break down thank you as well. I was really bummed when I couldn't make it to help on Thursday this year. Brad Grant, Steve Faith and those I dont know, thank you as well for continuing to put on my favorite show of the year, you guys are awesome.

So good to see so many old Friends. Pismoarcade who I dont see nearly enough of, it was an absolute pleasure as always to hang out, talk trash, and catch up. JVSPIN, I always look forward to seeing you, well done on placing third in the tournament! Hope to see you again soon. MrGone, the ambassador of pinball is one of my favorite pinheads of all time! Jonnyo, thatnks for helping out with the tournament, and great to see you. Anubis2night, nice to see you as well. Jabbles, good to see you, should have hung out with you more dude. Loren, great seeing you, and I am going to take you up on the offer to come see AMH sometime.

Great to see MOF as always, could not believe he actually may like a DMD era game now! No traction on him liking a EM yet though. Glad your allergies didn't bother you this year.

Blownfuse. Thank you THANK YOU for hauling out Sprit so I can play it! Thank you as well for bringing quite a few Treaudea games as well for the line up, was super awesome of you. Always an absolute pleasure to see you, and hope to see you soon!

Sparky and all the SPG guys, thank you for throwing another blast of a BBQ. Always a highlight of the show, and super generous of you Sparky. Good man!

Was sad that I could only see Pinwille for the briefest amount of time, one of the good ones in our hobby and you were sorely missed.

Great to meet new faces as well. I met so many if I forgot you please don't be offended. Hawkmoon it was a pleasure, cant wait to tell my dad I met you. Ronnie, I could not believe how young you are, you are like a pin mogul, watch out for that guy starting so young! Pinthetic, thanks for the absolute fantastic price on the mystery castle backglass, my steal of the show! Good meeting Drewster too.

Great to finally meet Art, thanks again for hauling a pin for me.

Glad Molly could make it, hope your knee feels better!

Was more than happy to provide badges again, hope everyone got one that wanted one this time.

Thanks to everyone that bought posters, I think we raised around $250 for PAGG when all was said and done. hard to keep track, near the end of the day I was just throwing money into the bucket when people would buy a poster.

If you didn't have a good time, your nuts and doing it wrong. The game selection was fantastic, lines were short, games in excellent shape, parking never an issue, and the weather was gorgeous!

Cant wait until next year!

#1080 4 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Ronnie, I could not believe how young you are, you are like a pin mogul, watch out for that guy starting so young!

Ehhh, it's only gonna get worseYour posters look great!

#1081 4 years ago

Knew I would forget people! Great to finally meet Kerry Richard! Good to see Norcal Realtor again, should have chatted more with you buddy!

Great to meet Harley, and see Xscrapiron and fattrain again.

Im sure I still forgot some, its early and my son had me up all night.

#1082 4 years ago

im sitting at my desk looking at a mountain of reports I need to get done.
    on my 2nd pot of coffee and still half asleep. it was worth it.
    cant wait till next year.
    and a big THANK YOU! to everyone that works so hard to make pin a go go work so well.

#1083 4 years ago

Wanted to stop playing Ball 1 on WWE and give Ball 2 and 3 to someone else so they could give it a try. Even the dude watching got bored, but wanted to try it b/c it was a new Stern (it should do well on location and not home settings). Really enjoyed BBH, RBoN and playing Excalibur w/ John Trudeau.

#1084 4 years ago

Man, the reports on WWE have not been kind.

Still a little bummed I missed the show this year, but looking forward to seeing the new games my friend brought home with him. He drove up with 4, and is coming home with 3 different ones. That's how you do it!

I kept my Saturday productive as long as I was at home, sold my Star Trek Premium to make room for an ACDC.

#1085 4 years ago

So who from PAGG or wasn't able to make it to PAGG are coming to PNW meeting? Should be a great time. Sounds like Hobbit will be there along with other surprises. If James Loflin is speaking, I'm hoping to see the progress on Pinball Circus

#1086 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Still a little bummed I missed the show this year, but looking forward to seeing the new games my friend brought home with him. He drove up with 4, and is coming home with 3 different ones. That's how you do it!

I helped him load up his trades , Kyle is a cool cat .

#1087 4 years ago
    Quoted from moto_cat:

I helped him load up his trades , Kyle is a cool cat .

He lives maybe half a mile from me or so, he's my pin buddy!

#1088 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

He lives maybe half a mile from me or so, he's my pin buddy!

Well help him move his games; don't let him do it on his own! A huge crowd of us watched him topple his TZ off the dolly and it was only inches from smashing onto the ground. Some dude in blue shirt sprinted out of nowhere and grabbed the corner as it fell -- very scary! Those wico dollies are horrible on bumpy ground.

#1089 4 years ago
    Quoted from Curtis_Playfield:

Well help him move his games; don't let him do it on his own! A huge crowd of us watched him topple his TZ off the dolly and it was only inches from smashing onto the ground. Some dude in blue shirt sprinted out of nowhere and grabbed the corner as it fell -- very scary! Those wico dollies are horrible on bumpy ground.

Yikes!!

I'm definitely on call to unload games. Not sure if he's back yet or driving home now, I texted him.

That would have been tragic if that TZ smashed. It's got a little playfield wear spot that I'm going airbrush up for him, we'll get it looking nice again.

#1090 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Yikes!!
    I'm definitely on call to unload games. Not sure if he's back yet or driving home now, I texted him.
    That would have been tragic if that TZ smashed. It's got a little playfield wear spot that I'm going airbrush up for him, we'll get it looking nice again.

It was possibly the most yikes moment I've ever seen at a show that didn't involve booze! But it ended up fine, thankfully, a good lesson for us all. Yup I scoped the TZ; he got a nice deal on it, and your touch ups are all solids, no texture or gradient spots

#1091 4 years ago

That was me that caught it , didn't know if he was embarrassed so I didn't post about it .

#1092 4 years ago

Well help him move his games; don't let him do it on his own!

I offered to help him at first , but he said he had it . I could tell he was in a hurry so I held the door for him & kept my eye on him . I saw it coming ,ran over & caught it . I was literally inches from hitting the ground. I was glad I was able to stop it from being smashed .

#1093 4 years ago
    Quoted from moto_cat:

That was me that caught it , didn't know if he was embarrassed so I didn't post about it .

Oh, I'm certainly not trying to embarrass anyone! Let me be the first to admit that I actually HAVE lost a game that way, I thought it would be an easy roll, and one of those tiny wheels hit a dip while I was turning, and down she went! All the way, head up, as truly embarrassing as it gets. He's a pro; he knows his way around a pinball machine as well as anyone I can think of down here! This can happen to anybody!

I'm sure it wasn't fun for him, but he got off way easy thanks to your superman moves, completely unscathed! It really is an important lesson: if there are bumps or divots in your path, grab help. They don't look at top heavy as they are, and his near-accident story provides us with a good example of why. Sorry if it came off like I was trying to humiliate him, I definitely wasn't. It was a super intense moment!

I am not exaggerating when I say that your game-saving dive was the most athletic hero move I have ever seen at a show!

#1094 4 years ago

It was possibly the most yikes moment I've ever seen at a show that didn't involve booze! But it ended up fine, thankfully, a good lesson for us all. Yup I scoped the TZ; he got a nice deal on it, and your touch ups are all solids, no texture or gradient spots

Yeah, it's just gonna be about getting the color matching as accurate as I can. Shouldn't be too bad, and we'll just slap a mylar patch over it afterwards.

Nice save moto_cat!!

#1095 4 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

So who from PAGG or wasn't able to make it to PAGG are coming to PNW meeting? Should be a great time. Sounds like Hobbit will be there along with other surprises. If James Loflin is speaking, I'm hoping to see the progress on Pinball Circus

I'll be there

#1096 4 years ago

Hey Monkey what happened to the Avatar, I hardly recognize you anymore!

#1097 4 years ago

What a great weekend! First to Brad Grant & all the organizers, heck of a job! To SBorel, Kieth & Dottie thank you for the hospitality and the laughs. Mark, what a bbq thanks again. Bryce,Kerry and PinWillie always a pleasure. Practical Steve, homeruns on all the Posters To my fellow league brethren you made it the best pagg yet and i am very grateful I could share the expierence with you. Heres to next year.
    Harley D.

#1098 4 years ago

A big thanks goes out to all who attended and contributed to the bbq! I would leave someone out if I started listing names, but the bbq couldn't be what it is without all the contributions of such a wonderful community of people! I think we should do it again next year!

#1099 4 years ago

I had an absolute blast this year. It was great meeting up with Paul (Nexyss), mrgone & fam, mof, PracticalSteve, and all the other Pinsiders that I happened to bump shoulders with. The barbecue was also phenomenal and I am counting down the days until the 20th Anniversary Pin-a-Go-Go.

On the downside, my want list grew. I thought I was done buying machines for a while. I guess not.

Oh, and the British car show that took place on Sunday yielded a few DeLoreans to swoon over. Someday, I will own one, but for now Ill just keep dreaming.

FullSizeRender.jpg
    #1100 4 years ago

What a great show! As always, fantastic people are what make PAGG an incredibly special event. Thanks to Brad Grant, Steve Faith, and Greg Ong for all the heavy lifting--those guys make it look easy! So glad to see Dave, Greywolf, Justin, Molly, Steve Charland, Practical Steve, Cliffy, Rob, Don & Rob, Pat, John, Harry, Matt, Tim, Lou, Glen, Richard, James, Kyle and everyone else that makes this such a yearly treat! And thanks to Blimpie for the awesome Swapbox and very special translite!

As always, John Trudeau was a true gentleman! More pics to come, but I couldn't wait to post this one!

steve SDTM

20150517_trudeau_0001.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 18.95
    $ 269.00
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 47.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 15.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 199.99
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 114.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Led
    Geeteoh Electronics
    There are 1175 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 24.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside