(Topic ID: 92342)

The unofficial 2015 pin a go go thread

By mrgone

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0781.JPG
    IMG_0779.JPG
    IMG_0780.JPG
    IMG_0778.JPG
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    391157-i.jpg
    391156-i.jpg
    image.jpg
    #2.jpg
    20150117_ARCEXPO_web.jpg
    20140518_spirit2-V2.jpg
    20140518_spirit1-V2.jpg
    2015-06-10 17.26.57-1.jpg
    image.jpg
    spirit pinball machines.jpg
    There are 1,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 24.
    #801 8 years ago

Weather.com says 70s in Dixon Thursday through Friday!

#802 8 years ago

Big thanks to Blownfuse for hooking me up with a couple of replacement slingshot rubbers, WCS will play all the better for it. Good seeing you for a brief minute today buddy!

Here's my Uncles Shelby Cobra I was telling you about. My mom said he built it himself from a kit.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #803 8 years ago

PracticalSteve,

What's the best way to find the badges on Saturday? I was gonna stay the whole weekend but some medical changes caused schedule changes to go with it (grr). At this point just planning a Saturday visit.

#804 8 years ago

I have a long way to go before mine looks like that.

Steve

WP_003984.jpgWP_003984.jpg
    #805 8 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

PracticalSteve,
    What's the best way to find the badges on Saturday? I was gonna stay the whole weekend but some medical changes caused schedule changes to go with it (grr). At this point just planning a Saturday visit.

Going to make a big post giving all the details either tonight or tomorrow.

#806 8 years ago

even in that condition it's still sweet! is it a factory five? I know it's blasphemous but an all carbon skinned body with a 2jzge from a supra would be sweet.

#807 8 years ago

207 pins listed on the pin a go go site to be there.
    + all the pins people are bringing that have not Ben listed yet.
    The east bay folks always make a strong showing so its shaping up to be a great show.
    See you there.

#808 8 years ago

Can any vendor going to PaGG comment on if they will be selling playfield glass this year? Usually BAA brings it but since they arent coming im in need of at least a couple sheets.

#809 8 years ago

Anyone need anything hauled from Portland to PAGG and back? Stopping both ways, hit me up with a little gas money and I'll take them down and back for u.

#810 8 years ago

Adam, check with Don's Custom Service (vendor page of the pinagogo.org site) as I understand he may be bringing a variety of parts.

#811 8 years ago

What else is up there ronnie? Lol

#812 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jabbles180:

What else is up there ronnie? Lol

A Hotdoggin and another Devils Dare that I'm grabbing.

#813 8 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Crap! will pull that one and replace.

Sorry I was to late in the reply. If it's a pain don't worry about it. If you need a beer or two or three I'll have plenty to share

#814 8 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Sorry I was to late in the reply. If it's a pain don't worry about it. If you need a beer or two or three I'll have plenty to share

No worries! Honestly!

And for anyone, if I spelled your name wrong please feel free to just fill out a blank one and toss the incorrect one.

#815 8 years ago

Ok- bear with me all for two big posts.

ID BADGES

The fine folks at NIFTY LED have volunteered to be keepers of the ID badges this year. Stop by their booth, they will either be under the table or on the table if they have room. They will be available from the very start of the show on Friday (or close to it depending on where I am in line.)

You can still reserve one, just ask before wednesday, after that fill one out from the blank box.

DONT TAKE THE PENS! you cant use any old pen to write on these!

IMG_0798.JPGIMG_0798.JPG

#816 8 years ago

I am sure you are sick of hearing about the posters so this is the last post about them. All posters on thick 14pt gloss paper.

SPIRIT POSTERS
    I decided to price these at 10$ I want anyone that wants one not to be able to. 4$ of every poster will be directly donated to PAGG. Designer of the game John Trudeau will be there, get it signed! Pictures from my iphone dont do them justice.

SCHEMATIC POSTERS
    A little higher at 15$ each, or all three for 40$. Five dollars from every poster in this group to be donated directly to PAGG. Any One looks great on its own, but all three tie together so nicely.

HOW TO GET ONE
    These will be available at the Swap Meet that starts at 10am saturday morning. I will be there until 12pm so I can hit up Sparkys BBQ. You can also text or call me at anytime on Friday or Saturday and I will hook you up. (510) 774-0572. I will not be there on Sunday, but if you really want one something can be arranged. Shoot me a PM.

SWAP MEET BONUS
    I have a pile of random posters saved from the recycling bin over the last year. These are NOT for sale on their own. You may take one FREE with the purchase of any of the pinball posters. A free one for each you buy, so buy four posters, take four free ones! These are super nice. The Breaking Bad poster with all the characters for size scale is 24x36 on very nice quality paper. Again FREE with any purchase but ONLY at the swap meet, thats the only time I will drag them out.

IMG_0807.jpgIMG_0807.jpg IMG_0808.jpgIMG_0808.jpg IMG_0809.jpgIMG_0809.jpg IMG_0810.jpgIMG_0810.jpg IMG_0811.jpgIMG_0811.jpg IMG_0812.jpgIMG_0812.jpg IMG_0805.JPGIMG_0805.JPG IMG_0806.jpgIMG_0806.jpg
    #817 8 years ago

Also forgot to mention. If you brought one of the Spirits that was in the line up last year, your poster is free. Thanks for doing that, was totally the highlight of the show for me.

#818 8 years ago

That's cool but I still want to pay for mine. Thanks for making the posters for everyone to enjoy. I'm getting a huge kick out of everyone liking the Spirit line up last year, it's too bad that John Trudeau wasn't there to get a pic of him standing in front of them. I'm sure it would've brought back memories.

Steve

Also forgot to mention. If you brought one of the Spirits that was in the line up last year, your poster is free. Thanks for doing that, was totally the highlight of the show for me.

#819 8 years ago

Can I get a Pinside ID badge for PAGG? or are they only for important people and the cool kids? please let me know. Thanks

#820 8 years ago
    Quoted from Xscrapiron:

Dude what is going on this year. No BAA, no Starship. And no Tracelifter because of the "current regime". Did I miss something. Guess I will save most of my cash for CAX for those impulse buys

Quoted from Xscrapiron:

To clarify the "current regime" comment about PAGG here is the post from MrBally I saw in the post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-happened-to-tracelifter/page/2#postbox

Quoted from Xscrapiron:

Oh man my comment has become one of "those post". I had no info about any of the parties involved. I just wondered why certain parties were not going to present this year at PAGG. I see now why people have come to hate this place

In reality it has nothing to do with the current regime. Sometimes pinheads tire of the hobby and get out of it or take a giant step back. No need to throw blame anywhere.
    Regardless of any list there will be a ton of pins and pinball addicts there to have fun flippin with. It's a great show and I'm very much looking forward to it!

Yes I've always thought he is a cool cat as well. Thanks to all bringing pins and volunteering their time! You've run a ton of tournaments for our area Jonnyo it may not be my cup of tea but it sure injects enthusiasm into the community. Thanks for taking the time to do this!

I stand by my "current regime" posting 100%. Those of you who know Tracelifter can ask him. Those who don't, can PM me if you would like . Or ,better yet, contact PinMolly. Even though she is off of Pinside again, most of you know how to contact her through her site. She dislikes me because of my disagreement regarding the posts here that Bowen despises as well as how I mock him. However, she knows Tracelifter very well and why he no longer supports Pin A Go Go. She will confirm this.

#821 8 years ago

I would also like a badge if I am not to late.

Getting excited, Pin-Pimp and I will be loading up tomorrow, probably be heading out Wednesday. Ronnie, Brich don't let me forget to bring some tools, text me Tuesday evening to remind me.

#822 8 years ago

The spirit line was amazing. Hands down it was the place I spent the most time right behind the RV area. Haha.

#823 8 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

That's cool but I still want to pay for mine.

Cold day in hell before I take your money sir

Quoted from bicyclenut:

Can I get a Pinside ID badge for PAGG? or are they only for important people and the cool kids? please let me know. Thanks

You will certainly be cooler for having one, done.

Quoted from maglar:I would also like a badge if I am not to late.
    Getting excited, Pin-Pimp and I will be loading up tomorrow, probably be heading out Wednesday. Ronnie, Brich don't let me forget to bring some tools, text me Tuesday evening to remind me.

Not too late, done.

#824 8 years ago
    Quoted from maglar:

I would also like a badge if I am not to late.

On it.

#825 8 years ago

It's cool to see you out of state guys making the trek to PAGG.

#826 8 years ago
    Quoted from moto_cat:

It's cool to see you out of state guys making the trek to PAGG.

Only 12 hours... haha We all went to the NW show last year and while it was lots of fun, it left lots to be desired if you bring a lot of pins. Looking at the thread for that show, it seems that they have lots of improvements on that front, which is great. I can't make it to that show this year and obviously I can't not go to a pinball show so we decided on PAGG.

#827 8 years ago

Mr Bally, this is the pagg thread. If you want a drama thread start your own drama thread. This is the drama free zone. Thanks.
    And uf you ever get out our way be sure to visit the show and say hi.

#828 8 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Dude, you are one of the cool kids.
    See you at pagg.

#829 8 years ago

LOL, I can't even give my money away, just checked, it looks real and doesn't smell bad.

Steve

Cold day in hell before I take your money sir.

#830 8 years ago

I must say, Im really excited for PAGG.. This will be my first one. Cant wait to meet some of you guys and gals. Everyone on here seems so nice and helpful. Im bringing my 17 yr old son whos really getting into pinball and like to help me with the restores. Should be great. Cheers to all
    D-

#831 8 years ago

I am sure you are sick of hearing about the posters so this is the last post about them. All posters on thick 14pt gloss paper.
    SPIRIT POSTERS
    I decided to price these at 10$ I want anyone that wants one not to be able to. 4$ of every poster will be directly donated to PAGG. Designer of the game John Trudeau will be there, get it signed! Pictures from my iphone dont do them justice.
    SCHEMATIC POSTERS
    A little higher at 15$ each, or all three for 40$. Five dollars from every poster in this group to be donated directly to PAGG. Any One looks great on its own, but all three tie together so nicely.
    HOW TO GET ONE
    These will be available at the Swap Meet that starts at 10am saturday morning. I will be there until 12pm so I can hit up Sparkys BBQ. You can also text or call me at anytime on Friday or Saturday and I will hook you up. (510) 774-0572. I will not be there on Sunday, but if you really want one something can be arranged. Shoot me a PM.
    SWAP MEET BONUS
    I have a pile of random posters saved from the recycling bin over the last year. These are NOT for sale on their own. You may take one FREE with the purchase of any of the pinball posters. A free one for each you buy, so buy four posters, take four free ones! These are super nice. The Breaking Bad poster with all the characters for size scale is 24x36 on very nice quality paper. Again FREE with any purchase but ONLY at the swap meet, thats the only time I will drag them out.

Hey Steve, haven't followed this thread too closely but if you have some extra posters, the PAGG raffle could always use some more prizes.

#832 8 years ago

I think he mentioned to me today that he planned to do that.

Steve

Quoted from jonnyo:

Hey Steve, haven't followed this thread too closely but if you have some extra posters, the PAGG raffle could always use some more prizes.

#833 8 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

I must say, Im really excited for PAGG.. This will be my first one. Cant wait to meet some of you guys and gals. Everyone on here seems so nice and helpful. Im bringing my 17 yr old son whos really getting into pinball and like to help me with the restores. Should be great. Cheers to all
    D-

Hey, I'm only 18

#834 8 years ago

LOL, I got ya by 40 Ronnie. <<<<< me falling asleep at the drop of a hat.

Steve

Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Hey, I'm only 18

#835 8 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

LOL, I got ya by 40 Ronnie. <<<<< me falling asleep at the drop of a hat.
    Steve

Getting my first system 80 on the way back from PAGG, Devil's Dare. Works great other than an intermittent voice, the rest of the sounds work great. Any suggestions? Heard you were the man when it comes to Gottlieb sys. 80

#836 8 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

If all goes according to plan there will be a special one off larger sized spirit posted with different artwork for the raffle. Set of schematics posters also going to raffle. Also donating posters as prizes for the pingolf tournament.

#837 8 years ago

44 here, but act more like 12ish

#838 8 years ago

If all goes according to plan there will be a special one off larger sized spirit posted with different artwork for the raffle. Set of schematics posters also going to raffle. Also donating posters as prizes for the pingolf tournament.

Nice! Good stuff, Steve!

#839 8 years ago

Alright, new blood! I always have to rebuild the A2 power supply board, they're prone to having solder cracks around the header pins and re-crimp any connectors where needed. It sounds like the connectors are possible place where you're losing the voice calls, they're all on the sound 16 line on DD. I have to find some time to chase down that same problem on my DD.

Steve

Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Getting my first system 80 on the way back from PAGG, Devil's Dare. Works great other than an intermittent voice, the rest of the sounds work great. Any suggestions? Heard you were the man when it comes to Gottlieb sys. 80

#840 8 years ago

Ok- bear with me all for two big posts.
    ID BADGES
    The fine folks at NIFTY LED have volunteered to be keepers of the ID badges this year. Stop by their booth, they will either be under the table or on the table if they have room. They will be available from the very start of the show on Friday (or close to it depending on where I am in line.)
    You can still reserve one, just ask before wednesday, after that fill one out from the blank box.
    DONT TAKE THE PENS! you cant use any old pen to write on these!

Did I pee in someone's Cheerios?

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#841 8 years ago

Ronnie, I still cant believe that we both scored devil's dares in portland at the same time. What are the odds?

These threads are starting to get crazy, my heart is starting to pump a little extra than normal.

3 games soldiered up and ready to go. Only one I need work on still and another that my buddy is finishing a playfield swap on as we speak. The other is staying up to be played at home until thursday.

I feel like I have things under control finally.

#842 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jabbles180:

Ronnie, I still cant believe that we both scored devil's dares in portland at the same time. What are the odds?
    These threads are starting to get crazy, my heart is starting to pump a little extra than normal.
    3 games soldiered up and ready to go. Only one I need work on still and another that my buddy is finishing a playfield swap on as we speak. The other is staying up to be played at home until thursday.
    I feel like I have things under control finally.

Exact opposite of me haha. I feel like I have tons to do and no time to fix anything.

#843 8 years ago

Way to start vacation week off with a bang. Another 16 hour shift down. I am all in lockdown for a loadup at someone's place I have never met Thursday. Can't make it out to the bay. But if anyone needs help this week let me know. Adam/Eric If you need some help soldiering up some pins WED let me know. I am totally free

#844 8 years ago

PracticalSteve: I'd love a badge if it's not too late. I'll definitely be there on Friday night, and possibly on Saturday morning (but Saturday conflicts with family plans for the Maker Faire.)

#845 8 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Mr Bally, this is the pagg thread. If you want a drama thread start your own drama thread. This is the drama free zone. Thanks.
    And uf you ever get out our way be sure to visit the show and say hi.

Not here to start any drama. Since another post of mine was cited here and subsequently dismissed, I thought I'd set the record straight. I actually planned to come to PAGG this year but then realized it is held the same days as the VFW Showcase which I have to work to maintain my membership.

I'm sure your show will be fine.

#846 8 years ago

I'd love a badge also!!! Can't wait!!!!!

#847 8 years ago
    Quoted from Xscrapiron:

Way to start vacation week off with a bang. Another 16 hour shift down. I am all in lockdown for a loadup at someone's place I have never met Thursday. Can't make it out to the bay. But if anyone needs help this week let me know. Adam/Eric If you need some help soldiering up some pins WED let me know. I am totally free

We're loading 9 Wednesday night if you want to help. We'll even feed you

#848 8 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

Did I pee in someone's Cheerios?
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

Oh my god no! I really hope I didn't offend. I have become friendly with the Nifty guys and they offered to help and it was just easier to take them up on it then ask you.

Plus I actually was going to ask your help with something else, but wanted to think it through first, sending you a PM.

Again, I really didn't mean to, and hope I did not offend.

#849 8 years ago
    Quoted from DaveInSanFran:

PracticalSteve: I'd love a badge if it's not too late. I'll definitely be there on Friday night, and possibly on Saturday morning (but Saturday conflicts with family plans for the Maker Faire.)

Quoted from Hana9so:

I'd love a badge also!!! Can't wait!!!!!

Got you both down for badges.

#850 8 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

We're loading 9 Wednesday night if you want to help. We'll even feed you

yay..We can all tell how much I love food. Text me the low down

There are 1,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-unofficial-2015-pin-a-go-go-thread/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.