(Topic ID: 92342)

The unofficial 2015 pin a go go thread

By mrgone

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0781.JPG
    IMG_0779.JPG
    IMG_0780.JPG
    IMG_0778.JPG
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    391157-i.jpg
    391156-i.jpg
    image.jpg
    #2.jpg
    20150117_ARCEXPO_web.jpg
    20140518_spirit2-V2.jpg
    20140518_spirit1-V2.jpg
    2015-06-10 17.26.57-1.jpg
    image.jpg
    spirit pinball machines.jpg

There are 1,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 24.
    #651 8 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

They will be 11x17, the white around them gets cut off. Just find me at the show, no need to prepay. What days you going?

I'm gonna see what I can do to come on Friday for par of the show and then come on Saturday (though I may have to leave Santa Rosa around 10am or so on Sat)

#652 8 years ago

15 days and counting.
    cool, Steve's bringing wcs 94.!

#653 8 years ago

In case anyone hadn't noticed, I'm kinda excited. Now, I'm not as excited for the 11.5 hour drive. Hopefully my 1997 can make it hauling a trailer and near 200k miles!

#654 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

In case anyone hadn't noticed, I'm kinda excited. Now, I'm not as excited for the 11.5 hour drive. Hopefully my 1997 can make it hauling a trailer and near 200k miles!

Load up that iphone/ipod with plenty of pinball podcasts for a drive that long!

#655 8 years ago

Load up that iphone/ipod with plenty of pinball podcasts for a drive that long!

Haha, I listen to Car Talk. Hilarious

#656 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Haha, I listen to Car Talk. Hilarious

11.5 hours of click and clack? That's going to warp your brain!

#657 8 years ago

11.5 hours of click and clack? That's going to warp your brain!

Don't forget to thrown in the Journey and Toto!

#658 8 years ago

I just updated the 1 Armed Pinball thread - but for those not up on that thread, check it out, https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/one-armed-pinball-i-mean-it/page/3.

The reason I post here, is because Todd is coming to PAGG with his Heckenarm, 1 Armed Pinball device. As well he is bringing his custom Black Rose with 2 flipper buttons on the right side of the cab, so you too can play with 1 Arm.

Todd is super cool, introduce yourself and check out the Ben Heck designed Heckenarm prototype in person.

You can also check out the video of Ben Heck designing the 1 Armed pinball device at the Element 14 webpage, http://www.element14.com/community/docs/DOC-75135/l/episode-176-ben-heck-s-single-handed-pinball-mod-episode.

We will see y'all there!

#659 8 years ago
    Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

I just updated the 1 Armed Pinball thread - but for those not up on that thread, check it out, https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/one-armed-pinball-i-mean-it/page/3.
    The reason I post here, is because Todd is coming to PAGG with his Heckenarm, 1 Armed Pinball device. As well he is bringing his custom Black Rose with 2 flipper buttons on the right side of the cab, so you too can play with 1 Arm.
    Todd is super cool, introduce yourself and check out the Ben Heck designed Heckenarm prototype in person.
    You can also check out the video of Ben Heck designing the 1 Armed pinball device at the Element 14 webpage, http://www.element14.com/community/docs/DOC-75135/l/episode-176-ben-heck-s-single-handed-pinball-mod-episode.
    We will see y'all there!

That's amazing! Would love to meet him and play a game, I bet he whips me regardless!

#660 8 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

For some reason makers seem to totally overlook/ignore PAGG.

East Coast Bias

#661 8 years ago

Over the years Stern has donated some stuff as prizes for the tourneys but as far as new machines to play they have been brought to the show in the past by Don H. and other collectors.

#662 8 years ago

Oh! We are getting close.
    See you all in two weeks.

#663 8 years ago

Time to plan the pinside pagg photo.
    I'm thinking 3pm Saturday at sparky's BBQ shack.
    What say you pinheads? 3pm work for you?

#664 8 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Why not make it 1:30? I know people will be coming and going throughout the afternoon because of the tournament and volunteer slots, but I'd love to have the majority of people at the bbq between 12-1pm. Trudeau will be at the bbq from 12-1pm. Any pinsiders showing up for a pic are certainly invited to show up to meet and mingle at the bbq, as well. That's the purpose of the bbq! Why wait until 3?

#665 8 years ago

I'll be there, any chance to hang out with friends and one of my favorite designers, I'm in.

Steve

Quoted from Sparky:

Why not make it 1:30? I know people will be coming and going throughout the afternoon because of the tournament and volunteer slots, but I'd love to have the majority of people at the bbq between 12-1pm. Trudeau will be at the bbq from 12-1pm. Any pinsiders showing up for a pic are certainly invited to show up to meet and mingle at the bbq, as well. That's the purpose of the bbq! Why wait until 3?

#666 8 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

Sparky has spoken. 1:30 at sparkys it is.

#667 8 years ago

While we are on the topic of the bbq...if you don't receive SPG or league notifications, Pinsiders are welcome, as well. All I ask is that you contribute in some way (potluck sidedish, dessert, or beverages to share). I also hope you stay to eat, mingle, and get to know the people who share a love for the hobby with you (especially between 12 - 1pm). If you have tournament, vendor, or volunteer obligations, we understand. You're welcome to make a plate and get back to your duties. If you plan on playing in the tournament, do not choose the morning tee times. You won't be finished in time to make the bbq.

Trudeau will be at the bbq between 12-1pm, and then he has autograph duties at the show. In my one experience meeting John and exchanging emails recently, I have found that he is very accessible. Make him feel at home, but no autograph requests during the bbq, please.

If there is anyone attending with good photography skills, lots of pics would be greatly appreciated. There have been some years where the pics have been sadly lacking.

#668 8 years ago

The BBQ was a ton of fun last year
    I was hoping it would return this year.
    Swear I'll bring something this time

#669 8 years ago

Yay we are getting close. I almost sprang for a trailer rental this year but decided on a room down the street instead. Can't wait for the bbq Sparky. Always one of the highlights. On a side note will there be no BAA at PAGG this year? No indication on the site for free shipping to the show. I need new glass and side rails to finish IJ.

#670 8 years ago

Hmmm. BAA isn't listed on the list of show vendors at http://pinagogo.org/vendors/ either. That's a bummer, I usually put in a pick-up order just before the show too.

#671 8 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Were is Sparky's BBQ shack?

Thanks,

Rob

#672 8 years ago
    Quoted from gaspumprob:

Thanks,
    Rob

Just out in the area where all the campers and RVs are parked. It's not that big and all in one row. You walk over there you are bound to find it. Not an actual shack, just a BBQ. Bring a side dish or beverage to share.

#673 8 years ago
    Quoted from gaspumprob:

Thanks,
    Rob

Bbq is at 12, picture is at 1:30, not 3pm. You'll see all the tables and pop up shades in the RV area.

#674 8 years ago

Ahh. Im getting excited. Its getting close. Lets see if I play even less pinball this year. Seems to be a trend as I meet more people in the hobby.

#675 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jabbles180:

Ahh. Im getting excited. Its getting close. Lets see if I play even less pinball this year. Seems to be a trend as I meet more people in the hobby.

Seriously. I was there two entire days and talked way more than I played. I volunteered to set up on Thursday this year partly because I figured I wouldn't be able to play pinball and would do a ton of talking that day. This year I'm telling myself more four player games with friends so we can talk while I wait to play.

#676 8 years ago

Just out in the area where all the campers and RVs are parked. It's not that big and all in one row. You walk over there you are bound to find it. Not an actual shack, just a BBQ. Bring a side dish or beverage to share.

Quoted from Sparky:

Bbq is at 12, picture is at 1:30, not 3pm. You'll see all the tables and pop up shades in the RV area.

Ok Great thanks I will bring something good to share and see all of you there!

Rob

#677 8 years ago
    Quoted from Xscrapiron:

Yay we are getting close. I almost sprang for a trailer rental this year but decided on a room down the street instead. Can't wait for the bbq Sparky. Always one of the highlights. On a side note will there be no BAA at PAGG this year? No indication on the site for free shipping to the show. I need new glass and side rails to finish IJ.

I haven't seen anything, but maybe check planetary instead?

#678 8 years ago

Wow! I count 183 pins listed so far....and that's not counting the ones that show up that aren't listed!

#679 8 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Wow! I count 183 pins listed so far....and that's not counting the ones that show up that aren't listed!

Looking good! lets make that 250 mark! My WCS94 will be there again this year!

#680 8 years ago

Geez, they already have 2 buildings and a side room for staging. I hope they have enough room.

Steve

Quoted from PismoArcade:

#681 8 years ago

Rmeinder:

I am looking at renting a truck to haul games from Lodi to Dixon for the show. To get a truck with a lift gate I am looking at a 26' truck that should be able to hold 24 pins. I only have 15 to haul from here and I am willing to haul your machine from my place in Lodi and back. So if you are in the central valley (Elk Grove, Galt, Acampo, Lodi, Stockton, Tracy, Modesto and points south) and would like me to haul it in for you, let me know and we can arrange the details.
    Thanks All!

#682 8 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

I hope they have enough room.

Plenty of room! In fact we are still pushing hard for more games. Let's do this!

#683 8 years ago

How many pins were there last year?

#684 8 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

How many pins were there last year?

250+ if I remember right. Electrical needs limits to about that, more or less.

#685 8 years ago

I don't remember there being space for may more games as it was. 260 to 270 tops, but 300 would require another building I think.

#686 8 years ago

I think the largest count was two years ago 266/267? The kids will count them and let us know

I checked out the list of games coming, looks like Larry Z will be there this year filling up the EM room so we're thinking of bringing Bad Cats, possibly a High Speed. Haven't quite decided yet...

#687 8 years ago

Yeah, the official count at the show's peak was 260 according to pinballnews.com:
    http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/pagg2014/index.html

We should have even more room this year and plenty of power, so will have no problem exceeding last year's count if everyone pulls together.

Quoted from MrArt2u:

we're thinking of bringing Bad Cats, possibly a High Speed.

That's awesome, anything you bring will be great, but would be really nice to have a Bad Cats. Please sign up at http://pinagogo.org/bring-games/ as soon as you can so we can plan accordingly.

#688 8 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

250+ if I remember right. Electrical needs limits to about that, more or less.

Power is more than ample as electrical up dated, bring the games and we will power them up, even had extra circuits available last year.

#689 8 years ago
    Quoted from Out-West:

Power is more than ample as electrical up dated, bring the games and we will power them up, even had extra circuits available last year.

So they added more power over last year?

SWEET!

#690 8 years ago

OT
    I have 1970 Midway gun game for sale. 20 min from PAGG in Sacramento. Too big for me to bring to the show. Bringing 2-3 pins in my minivan.
    $800 to Pinsiders coming to PAGG.

IMG_0500.JPGIMG_0500.JPG

Link to short video.

#691 8 years ago

pinheads, we are t-11 days and counting!

#692 8 years ago

lots of great games on the list now. there is still time to add yours.

#693 8 years ago

Im working on getting one more system 80 game to the show. Its a long shot at the moment but im hoping to see it there.

#694 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jabbles180:

Im working on getting one more system 80 game to the show. Its a long shot at the moment but im hoping to see it there.

Crossing fingers for pink panther!

#695 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jabbles180:

Looks like this system 80 Will make it there!

#696 8 years ago

Very nice work Ronnie!

#697 8 years ago

centaur is coming and is for sale.

#698 8 years ago

Crossing fingers for pink panther!

Sadly its not pink panther. I know you were talking about it at MOFs party. Maybe for my sys80 #3 haha. Its actually a Devil's Dare. Should be an interesting machine.

#699 8 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

For some reason makers seem to totally overlook/ignore PAGG. Not sure why it attracts a big audience of pinheads that regularly buy NIB pins. Such a good opportunity to show off your product to an audience that spends a lot of money on pinball.

I agree, there are a lot of NIB buyers in CA and who attend PAGG. It would be a good sales opportunity.

Jersey Jack was at the show either last year or the year before. And didn't Steve Ritchie attend last year or the year before, after he was hired back at Stern? I also ran into Tanio last year. So, PAGG isn't totally ignored...

The reality is that it's been a very small show up until two years ago when they added the Quinceañera room. For example, in 2010 the 'cafeteria' room (side room of the main hall) had ONE game and one booth (Playland). It was a total barn, and the main hall attendance was nothing special either. You didn't have to wait much to get on a game. In 2011 the cafeteria would have still been empty, but I started the tournament. Now all three get filled to capacity so in terms of games, from 2010 to 2012 the show literally doubled in size, maybe more!

I think it's just a matter of time. Although, if any of you wants to be proactive, email the game counts and some attendance numbers to places like Marco or Spooky. I think PAGG is an especially good opportunity for boutique builders.

There are 1,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-unofficial-2015-pin-a-go-go-thread/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.