(Topic ID: 92342)

The unofficial 2015 pin a go go thread

By mrgone

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0781.JPG
    IMG_0779.JPG
    IMG_0780.JPG
    IMG_0778.JPG
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    391157-i.jpg
    391156-i.jpg
    image.jpg
    #2.jpg
    20150117_ARCEXPO_web.jpg
    20140518_spirit2-V2.jpg
    20140518_spirit1-V2.jpg
    2015-06-10 17.26.57-1.jpg
    image.jpg
    spirit pinball machines.jpg
    There are 1,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 24.
    #551 9 years ago

We need to mention how much you rock Steve (at least once on each page of this thread) thanks for all your hard work

#552 9 years ago
    Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Awesome Steve! Thanks for all your efforts towards our great hobby!

Quoted from anubis2night:

We need to mention how much you rock Steve (at least once on each page of this thread) thanks for all your hard work

Honestly it is my pleasure. The pinball community has been such a great thing for my life, I like to help out, give back, and add to the fun in any way possible.

A few years back all at once a very close friend of mine passed away from leukemia, my other close friend and band mate moved to Argentina (ending the band). I was depressed and sullen. I didn't have any other hobbies and my son wasn't born yet to keep me insanely busy. Right around this tiem I found out that you could make pinball a hobby. That you can spend hours a day on a forum. That you could go to tournaments and meet people. That people would come over and help you make a repair for the love of the hobby. That people would send you free parts in the mail just because. I love pinball, but I think the people are what make it so important to me.

I bet this year I will end up talking to people at PAGG way more than I actually play the games like last year, and I am fine with that.

#553 9 years ago

I hardly ever play the games there anymore, it's all about hangin' with friends for me.

Steve

Quoted from practicalsteve:

I bet this year I will end up talking to people at PAGG way more than I actually play the games like last year, and I am fine with that.

#554 9 years ago

Wait, people go to shows to play games?

#555 9 years ago

Got family over watching the hockey game *YAWN!*
    Getting some work done.

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I see mine! Thanks, Steve!

#556 9 years ago

One of the things I enjoy most at pagg is getting a group of 3 or 4 guys together and playing games.
    It brings me back to when I was a kid.
    Hanging with my pals, playing pins,and talking about whatever.

#557 9 years ago

These events are a time to bond with friends I don't see enough. The time Is sacred. My schedule accommodates 3 pinball events per year and that time and break is just non-negotiable to me. We all need a break from time to time these events are mine. Mainly because this is a hobby is full of great people. It brings friends together.

#558 9 years ago

Ok, last day of voting for the poster design, right now its a squeaker, ten votes for design one, and eleven for design two! No voting again, but if you have not voted since Pinsane revised the artwork do so now!

Quoted from pinsane:

Thanks for the comments and critiques on the photos. I've made some modifications which can be seen below.
    As much as I liked my buddy Ty's LED-ized Spirit, I've taken your suggestions and made the leftmost pin match the others.
    One of my favorite photographers, Jay Maisel, counsels photographers to "check your corners". While I personally like seeing the interior of the room, I've added a vignette to reduce distractions in the corners of photo # 1.
    Regarding the warmth/intensity of colors, I had locally rebalanced the incandescent lighting when I submitted the photos to PracticalSteve. Based on your comments, I've set them back to the warmer colors. In my defense, these are HDR photos (which tend to exaggerate saturation) that were originally balanced to the overhead mercury lights so the incandescents end up pretty orange...
    Desaturating photo 2 was an artistic choice, the micro-contrast was dialed up pretty high, and I thought by pulling back the colors it created a suitably eerie effect. I stand by this choice.
    Thanks again for the comments. I hope you like whichever poster gets produced.
    Steve SDTM
    Photo # 1:
    20140518_spirit1-V2.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
    Photo # 2:
    20140518_spirit2-V2.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

391156-i.jpg391156-i.jpg 391157-i.jpg391157-i.jpg
    #559 9 years ago

To me it is close but I like #1, you can still see the BG and a much better view of the PF.

#560 9 years ago

I like 1
    I'd buy that

#561 9 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

To me it is close but I like #1, you can still see the BG and a much better view of the PF.

all tied up.

#562 9 years ago

Haven't voted since the revision... Gotta change my vote to #1.

#566 9 years ago

This years pagg is going to be most awesome.
    26 days until the fun starts.

#567 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

This years pagg is going to be most awesome.
    26 days until the fun starts.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!

#569 9 years ago

Still partial to #2.

#2.jpg#2.jpg
    #570 9 years ago

I also like #2 better since it distinctly shows the lock bar in the same aspect of the rest of the photo and also appears more as the point of view of a player as opposed to an areal view. Kind of makes you want to step right up and play a game!

#571 9 years ago

I like #1 over the machines artwork better than #2's kid perspective

#572 9 years ago

Super sick with the flu, so voting remains open until I make it back to work.

#573 9 years ago

Super sick with the flu, so voting remains open until I make it back to work.

lots of fluids and rest. feel better and get ready for pagg!

#574 9 years ago

Lol. Bob, you posted on SPG that you were not even coming to the show this year!?

#575 9 years ago

get well steve

#576 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

lots of fluids and rest. feel better and get ready for pagg!

Thanks guys, feeling better but life is still a mess! My two dogs escaped the yard Monday while I was in bed with the flu. One was found, but the other one (sadly the not as smart one) still lost. Nothing like hiking trails yelling your dogs name with a 100 degree fever! Posters printed soon, will post pics when they are. Havent even had time to count the votes.

#577 9 years ago

Havent even had time to count the votes.

Look Steve, it's time we had a talk about getting your life priorities together.

Good luck finding your dog man, bummer.

#578 9 years ago

dog was found! attention can now return to being 99% pinball!! Just have to give her a skunk bath later

#579 9 years ago

Glad you found both those rascals!! Pretty scary for a dog owner knowing what can happen to a dog on the loose. Hope your feeling better as well.

#580 9 years ago

dog was found! attention can now return to being 99% pinball!! Just have to give her a skunk bath later

This is good to hear! Five of the worst days of my life was dealing with the search of a lost dog. I felt like the guy in the tv show "Run, Joe, Run." Always a day late from where he had been. Knocking on doors and being told, "That dog was around the neighborhood yesterday, but I haven't seen him today."

Edit: I found him after five days. He was about to get shot with a tranquilizer by animal control, and I came pulling up in my car, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

#581 9 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

Edit: I found him after five days. He was about to get shot with a tranquilizer by animal control, and I came pulling up in my car, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Woah that's crazy!

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Glad you found both those rascals!! Pretty scary for a dog owner knowing what can happen to a dog on the loose. Hope your feeling better as well.

Thanks dude, there is quite a lot of wilderness around my house, and she was in a lot of it, lucky she only met a skunk and not a mountain lion!

#582 9 years ago

Got family over watching the hockey game *YAWN!*
    Getting some work done.

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

There's mine!

#583 9 years ago

Any word on the Hobbit being there?

#584 9 years ago

Another bump for the Thursday afternoon crowd! Calling on all pinheads, would love for you to share your games with the community at Pin-a-Go-Go. Please sign up at: http://pinagogo.org/bring-games/

We are trying to lock down this year's line up and would love to get your information soon.

Thanks,
    Seth

#585 9 years ago

I vote for #1 both are great just like 1 better.

#586 9 years ago

21 day till go go!

#587 9 years ago

I'll vote for number 1.

#588 9 years ago

voting continues as I am suddenly sick again still a ton of time to print posters.

#589 9 years ago

voting continues as I am suddenly sick again still a ton of time to print posters.

Steve,

I hope you feel better soon. Get rest and don't worry about this stuff!

Rob

#590 9 years ago
    Quoted from gaspumprob:

Steve,
    I hope you feel better soon. Get rest and don't worry about this stuff!
    Rob

Ha! I'm not worried, it's all good. I never get this sick. The things I really needed to stop worrying about was where my missing dog was, and missing time at work. Taking an extra day off tomorrow to just relax even though I'm sure I could get up at 4am and force myself to go to work. Going to watch movies my wife would never go for, planning on Midnight Run and Xmen days of future past. Thanks rob.

#591 9 years ago

20 days and counting.

#592 9 years ago

Is Hobbit coming to PAGG this year? cant be bothered to read this whole thread

#593 9 years ago

Hey Pin A Go Goers, I wanted to post a quick list of parts I'm looking for:

EM GTB Arabian Knights backglass
    EM Bally Expressway Backglass
    EM Bally Champ backglass
    EM Zig Zag/Wing Ding playfield
    EM Alpine/Ski Club playfield

SS Williams Cyclone Head, or entire cabinet. Any of these will interchange and I'm willing to repaint:
    1987-01 Millionaire
    1987-03 F-14 Tomcat
    1987-08 Fire!
    1987-09 Fire! Champagne Edition
    1987-10 Big Guns
    1987-12 Space Station
    1988-02 Cyclone
    1988-06 Ramp Warrior
    1988-06 Swords of Fury
    1988-08 Taxi
    1988-12 Truck Stop
    1988-12 Jokerz!

I'll probably have more to add to the list later..
    See you all soon!
    Art.

#594 9 years ago

I often take this exit to get to pin a go go. Wish there was an unofficial reply to The Hobbit.image.jpgimage.jpg

#595 9 years ago

Hey fellow nor cal pinheads.
    I'm bringing games this year.
    This will be the first time for me to bring games.
    Pinballholder was over tonight helping me bring jokerz back to life.
    A big pagg thanks to him!
    Still a bit to do before show time.
    And we still have to build the dog park.
    See you all there.

#596 9 years ago

i vote for poster style #1

#597 9 years ago

love me some JOKERZ!

#598 9 years ago

Hello Northern and Southern CA. pinheads. I am officially going to make the trek up to Dixon from the Ventura area again. This will be my third year in a row. (Steve please include me for a custom pinside name badge.) Anyway I just found out that John Trudeau will be there this year and I must say that is very exciting! That means I must now bring my Excalibur machine to share no matter what right? That leaves room for two more avoiding dragging a trailer! like last year I will rip all the seats out of my wife's Honda Odyssey van and fit a total of three games in it LOL. A very comfortable cruise! I do not know what else i will bring yet always a last min. decision.

Looking forward to seeing fellow pinsiders again!

Rob

#599 8 years ago
    Quoted from gaspumprob:

Hello Northern and Southern CA. pinheads. I am officially going to make the trek up to Dixon from the Ventura area again. This will be my third year in a row. (Steve please include me for a custom pinside name badge.) Anyway I just found out that John Trudeau will be there this year and I must say that is very exciting! That means I must now bring my Excalibur machine to share no matter what right? That leaves room for two more avoiding dragging a trailer! like last year I will rip all the seats out of my wife's Honda Odyssey van and fit a total of three games in it LOL. A very comfortable cruise! I do not know what else i will bring yet always a last min. decision.
    Looking forward to seeing fellow pinsiders again!
    Rob

Got you down for a badge! Usually your son comes with right? Would he like one too?

#600 8 years ago

Got you down for a badge! Usually your son comes with right? Would he like one too?

Thanks Steve! I do not have a son but maybe you saw me with my 14 year old nephew at the arcade expo who is like a son to me. I can't pull him out of school this time but thanks for the offer.

There are 1,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-unofficial-2015-pin-a-go-go-thread/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.