Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 758 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kwiKimart
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball2014_1131f.jpg
    $_57.JPG
    IMG_1915.JPG
    IMG_00000346.jpg
    IMG_00000339.jpg
    IMG_00000343.jpg
    IMG_00000319.jpg
    IMG_00000336.jpg
    IMG_00000317.jpg
    IMG_00000316.jpg
    2014-05-18 21.22.29.jpg
    sleic.jpg
    _MG_1758.jpg
    IMG_1903.JPG
    WP_20140519_20_26_13_Pro.jpg
    image-106.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Steve_in_Escalon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 10 years ago

The organizers have done amazing things to make the show spectacular. The addition of the north hall, the food court, and the flea market have put this show on another level. What can you do to help make it better?

Support the vendors. Some travel a great distance and every purchase helps to make their trip worthwhile.

Volunteer! Without volunteers, the show can't go on. Believe it or not, working the show is fun! I'm sure the sign-up list will be coming out in the next couple of months. With the size of the local pinball community, they shouldn't need to search for volunteers.

Donate to the raffle and silent auction. Pinball parts, gameroom items, gift certificates, etc.

Bring pins. Without pins, it's not much of a show. Last year the East Bay guys and a few local collectors put the pin count over the top. The amount of labor and energy they provided was staggering.

Looking forward to another memorable PAGG!

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

2 weeks later
    #67 10 years ago

Bet they would love to have a Helen for the raffle or silent auction. All proceeds go to local youth charities...

Just thinking out loud,

Steve (in Escalon)

1 month later
    #165 10 years ago

'I know that this is a long shot, but does anyone know if there will be a place for pin repair this year at PAGG?'

The pin medics are set up to keep the pins on the floor working. If they aren't able to make the repair on the floor, they try to swap out a working game in its' place. They really aren't set up to make repairs for non-working games, as they typically don't have the space or the time.

As previously mentioned, Rob Anthony does board repair on site, if you have a board issue.

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

3 weeks later
    #231 9 years ago

It's a little discouraging to see less than 100 pins listed with less than a month to go. If you are going to bring a pin, please add it to the list on the PAG website.

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

2 weeks later
    #323 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrArt2u:

Hopefully this year the EMs won't all be in one room

I think that's intentional, so the players can hear the sounds of the EMs. The chimes and bells are part of the nostalgia of playing an EM. Those sounds disappear when sitting next to the newer pins.

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

#336 9 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Woah, Dirty Donnie is going to be there signing stuff!? How did I miss this until now?

Pretty exciting stuff, especially if you read the details. )

8 days and counting

Steve (in Escalon)

#343 9 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

All that and it's a charity too. They donated over $13k to local charities last year. That will get you some motivated volunteers.

They actually donated $18,600 to local youth charities last year. That was a pretty remarkable achievement and I hope they are as successful this year.

They can still use items for the raffle & silent auction. If you have something to donate, you can bring it to the show. They will gladly accept last-minute donations. ;o)

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

#397 9 years ago

Unfortunately, no one really knows how big of an issue it will be. I don't have any inside information, but do know that I'm not going to be the reason the venue denies them use next year.

This could easily be the May Fair's reaction to a problem that occurred at a previous event. I don't recall any problems at PAGG in the 10+ years we have been going.

Please be smart, put the show ahead of yourself, and enjoy PAGG while we still have it!

Looking forward to seeing old friends & making some new ones,

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

#484 9 years ago

A huge thanks to those that are volunteering today and to everyone bringing pins to the show. Without you, there wouldn't be a PAGG.

See you tomorrow,

Steve (in Escalon)

#520 9 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

Last year Greg Freres had a dedicated pin row.

That was Doug Watson last year. This year is Greg Freres, Steve Ritchie, & Dirty Donnie.

Truck is packed & Stargate is loaded.

See you guys tomorrow.

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

#684 9 years ago
    Quoted from johnnyutah:

I had a great time Friday playing Orbitor 1, Dr. Dude, Stargate, and the nicest WWF Royal Rumble I've seen.

That was my Stargate. Glad you enjoyed it.

Having 7 Spirits at the show was a great reason for a commemorative T-shirt. Thanks to Steve and to Dave B!

Huge thanks to Steve Ritchie, Greg Freres, and Dirty Donnie for being there. Three really nice people.

Counting the days to PAGG 2015!

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Steve_in_Escalon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-unofficial-2014-pagg-pin-a-go-go-thread?tu=Steve_in_Escalon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.