Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 758 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kwiKimart
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball2014_1131f.jpg
    $_57.JPG
    IMG_1915.JPG
    IMG_00000346.jpg
    IMG_00000339.jpg
    IMG_00000343.jpg
    IMG_00000319.jpg
    IMG_00000336.jpg
    IMG_00000317.jpg
    IMG_00000316.jpg
    2014-05-18 21.22.29.jpg
    sleic.jpg
    _MG_1758.jpg
    IMG_1903.JPG
    WP_20140519_20_26_13_Pro.jpg
    image-106.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flipper_Fiend.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from NiftyLED:

We will be there.... Ooh, all night, all night Oh, every night So hold tight, hold tight Ooh baby, hold tight Oh, she said

We're really glad that you are going to be there again Nifty. You really added to the show last year.

I'll be there all three show days plus Wednesday, Thursday before, and Monday after

Looking forward to seeing all my old friends and lots of new ones as well.

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I don't have an exact plan yet, but I'll probably fly up to Sacramento in the morning on Saturday, rent a car, and come out for the day, then drive back and fly home that evening. That worked well last year. Happy to meet up with any Pinsiders!

You should stay for the Monday cleanup; that's when the REAL fun starts!

1 month later
    #223 10 years ago

What makes Pin-a-Go-Go the awesome show that it is?

You do!

Seriously, Pin-a-Go-Go only exists through the amazing efforts and unsurpassed generosity of those individuals who bring their pins to Pin-A-Go-Go. There are not any secret warehouses full of pins that we pull from to fill the show floors. All those pins you enjoy at the show come from people JUST… LIKE… YOU!

This is the official call for pins, and we want to make it easy-peasy for you to let us know what gems you will be sharing with your fellow show goers. Three ways to let us know what you are bringing and see what others are bringing:

1) Go to the Pin-a-Go-Go web site (www.pinagogo.org) and click on "Bring Games". Read/scroll down and you will find where to enter your info.

2) Go to http://bit.ly/2014PinForm and enter your pin(s) then go to http://bit.ly/2014PinList and see what is coming.

3) Have a bunch of pins you are bringing? Great! Use the "Contact" page on www.pinagogo.org and shoot us a list of your pins.

In return for bringing your game, we humbly offer you light breakfast items on Saturday morning, a weekend pass (if you bring two or more games), and a beautiful lanyard and name tag (see image). More valuable than any of these things is the warm feeling in your heart and pride you will experience from sharing with others.

PAGG-nifty.jpgPAGG-nifty.jpg

All the details of bringing games can be found on the Pin-a-Go-Go website.

RUN, don't walk, to your nearest web browser and get those games entered now.

Thank you from Brad, Greg, and Steve, your most appreciative Pin-a-Go-Go show shepherds.

#225 10 years ago

Monday bump as a reminder to enter the pins you will be bringing to PAGG on the form referenced two posts above.

Thank you!

#242 10 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

I have listed Rollergames but it isn't on the list yet.

Hey Eric,

Go put your games on there again. This time hit the SUBMIT button Thanks for bringing games… you rock, pal!

BTW, any games that are entered through the form will be updated nearly immediately. Those that are sent to us through the Contact form on the PAGG website may take a day or two.

1 week later
    #305 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrArt2u:

I remember you and your machines, Rob. My girl, Amanda, and I volunteer setup Thursday and Friday before the show. I was in the next aisle over setting up machines when you brought the Funhouse in, Amanda was in the other building doing set up work there. I was excited because we were (and still are) looking for a Funhouse but by the time I was able to get away to tell her about your game, it was sold. 5 minutes sounds about right...
    We took a picture of it. This is it, right?

We'll be there again bringing games to play from L.A. and taking pictures all weekend...
    Cheers,
    Art.

Hey Art! Can't wait to see you and Amanda again this year. You were both fantastical and your photos are the bee's knee's.

#306 9 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

I know Rick does, not sure on the others. Just bring cash

Bring LOTS of cash, Gene. We will have two different shirts for sale this year, and I'm pretty sure that many folks will want both.

T-minus 9 days!

#324 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrArt2u:

Hopefully this year the EMs won't all be in one room, I would love to see them mixed in with the newer games. It gives them a better chance of being discovered!

Quoted from Steve_in_Escalon:

I think that's intentional, so the players can hear the sounds of the EMs. The chimes and bells are part of the nostalgia of playing an EM. Those sounds disappear when sitting next to the newer pins.
    Steve (in Escalon, CA)

Steve from Escalon is correct. In addition, at the request of one of the major EM contributors, we have those games in one room because you can often hear when a coil is locked on. In the main room you can only SMELL when a coil is locked on.

#344 9 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

To me, this show encompasses almost everything I love about shows. HUGE local community support, lots of great vendors, tons of awesome games, on site food, and it seems everyone involved with the show's organization, set-up, volunteers, etc., are always bending over backwards to make things as easy and fun and possible for everyone. And, one of the most important things, a solid crew, room, and set-up to take care of the inevitable game break down. This all makes for one heck of a show with a great "vibe".
    The only thing missing for me is the elevator up to my room. Having it at a hotel like a lot of shows would make it beyond great. I think doing that though would lose a bit of its charm.
    Really looking forward to seeing everyone in a few days!!!
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

Not to be too corny Rob, but we love having you at the show. You are like an icon there, and are just as an important part of the show as anything else. I really appreciate your comments and love to hear them. The "charm" and the "vibe" is what we strive for in keeping this show going and in moving it forward into the future. It really is different from many of the other shows. I hope you found the EM room a suitable spot last year, and we have you in there again this year.

Safe travels to you and Taro. See you real soon.

-Jungle Queen Steve

#431 9 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

Does the PAGG venue feature this amazing technology called air conditioning? Sorry to ask this but it's supposed to be a hot weekend.

Just checked the weather report this morning, and temps are looking reasonable on Friday and very comfortable on Saturday and Sunday. Winds will be southwesterly (the best direction - aka Delta Breezes) ramping up to 13 MPH in the afternoons.

GOGO features a retro cooling technology that is both charming and energy efficient. It is called evaporative cooling. If you are unfamiliar with it, just ask your grandparents or anybody from the Bayou. If you find that after setting a crazy high score on a pin you are "burning up" from excitement, head on over to the EM room where you will find that new-fangled "air conditioning" that is all the latest craze.

1 week later
    #696 9 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Played quite a few games for the first time that I liked (junkyard, Shrek, WhoDunnit), but I kept going back to this one..... Really fun game and although it was hard to hear because of other machines, the sounds were pretty cool too. Any idea who's this was?

This pin, as well as the other exotic pins around it were brought to the show by Robert van der Velde from SoCal. This is the second year he has selflessly made a great effort to share his pins at Pin-a-Go-Go. He is a wonderful person.

#722 9 years ago
    Quoted from Acejedi:

Glad everyone that played LiS liked it, Its not a mode based game at all its just if your in the mood to play Crazy Multiball madness lol. I had the Opportunity to Led Godzilla Thanks to Dan and Nate from Nifty while I was at the show they Just let me Run a Tab and go back and fourth till I found the setup I Liked and then gave me a great deal on the Final price. LiS went home with TJ and I borrowed his TotAN to see if I really wanna spend the money on one, Both games will be at CAX in a couple months.
    TJ told me to change the Coils on Godzilla to the LotR upgrade coils so you can actually make the ramp shot, Thats next on the list for it.
    A huge Thanks to PdxMonkey for the hookup on Airborne i've wanted one forever and I finally got it and its Fantastic.
    The Twister did have a bad IC chip and thats why the Magnet board was not working but I fixed everything else on it and was getting ready to bring it back home when GasPumpRob was loading the BK2K in his van and said My wife likes Twister wanna trade and I said Sure. I am not a alpha numeric guy but this BK2K is pretty damn fun and the cab is beautiful. Thanks Rob.
    Thanks again to PdxMonkey for also hooking me up with a replacement Beacon assembly for my Getaway.
    I got my Getaway Translight signed by Steve Ritchie which was awesome and a full set of LEDs for it from Nifty.
    Cliffy brought me a full set of WoZ protectors that he made for me on Saturday night which I was so grateful for as he sold out.
    Rob was amazing as usual and fixed my LotR IO driver board which had been broken forever and is finally back in my game where it belongs. I also picked up a set of Dracula Coffin stickers for MB, Now if I could only find that pesky right ramp.
    Was great putting a Face to a name when it came to fellow Pinsiders and the cool custom Badges were fantastic a huge THANK YOU to the pinsider that made those. Beers on the Lawn with Fattrain and Pdxmonkey on saturaday and getting to Take my Awesome Girlfriend Laura to her First show and her having a great time was just the cherry on the top of a great weekend.
    You guys are the best and Im so glad to be a part of this community, Seattle is a couple weeks away and I will be there with my AceJedi shirt on and my Pinside badge, So if we have never met and you see me come over and say hi.
    Joe(acejedi)

It was great meeting you at the show, Joe. Thank you as well for bringing games. As we try to point out, it is only a show because of the people that bring games and the people that come to enjoy them. The rest is a little glue and window dressing. It is ALL the people that make Pin-a-Go-Go the great show that is it.

-Jungle Queen Steve

#741 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinsane:

This was my best PAGG evah!!! It was great from the drive up with my buddy Randy who generously brought his beautiful Spirit and playing rvdv's beautiful and rare games. I must protest, I got >2M on Flash Dragon but it before Robert loosened the threshold for the polaroid so no pic for me. It was great seeing Cliffy, Ty, Robert, Lou, Matt, Tim, Rick, James, Kevin, Randy, Chris & Joy, Steve, Glen, Sam, Eric, Josh, and all the other great pinheads attending. While there were some moments of high stress…everything worked out absolutely fabulously! Thanks to everyone who brought games, the organizers, and especially rdvd who generously shared my favorite games of the show and I suspect will be a PAGG fixture. Thanks also to everyone on team Spirit who gave a once in a lifetime gift to everyone who attended the event. PAGG is a terrific show run and attended by terrific people!
    steve SDTM

It is always a pleasure to have you and Randy come up for the show. Thanks for bringing Spirit, and thanks for always having a smile every time I saw you. You two crazy guys are just as much a part of the show as anything else it.

-steve (the other, other Steve)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flipper_Fiend.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-unofficial-2014-pagg-pin-a-go-go-thread?tu=Flipper_Fiend and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.