Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 758 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kwiKimart
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball2014_1131f.jpg
    $_57.JPG
    IMG_1915.JPG
    IMG_00000346.jpg
    IMG_00000339.jpg
    IMG_00000343.jpg
    IMG_00000319.jpg
    IMG_00000336.jpg
    IMG_00000317.jpg
    IMG_00000316.jpg
    2014-05-18 21.22.29.jpg
    sleic.jpg
    _MG_1758.jpg
    IMG_1903.JPG
    WP_20140519_20_26_13_Pro.jpg
    image-106.jpg
    There are 758 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 16.
    #1 10 years ago

100 days and counting until the greatest event in the universe.
    Ok, Northern California any way.
    Who's going? Are you bringing a game?
    Oh, Steve Ritchie is going to be there!
    See you there.

#2 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

100 days and counting until the greatest event in the universe.
    Ok, Northern California any way.
    Who's going? Are you bringing a game?
    Oh, Steve Ritchie is going to be there!
    See you there.

So stoked, you know I am in! Going all day Friday and almost all of Saturday. Really looking forward to checking out the flea market this year, I always end up going on Sunday when everyone looks tired, so I am looking forward to this!

Plus my son is a terrible sleeper. He sleeps with us and kicks me all night long. I may be looking forward to sleeping alone in a bed for eight hours straight for the first time in two years more than anything!

#3 10 years ago

I'll be there Thursday through Sunday. Bringing and setting up a few System 80 games to play.

Steve

#4 10 years ago

I will be there all 3 days and since I'm only 20 minutes away I can help Thursday night and Sunday night if anyone needs help.

#5 10 years ago

Interested in going; likely will. Do they run tourneys?

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Interested in going; likely will. Do they run tourneys?

Yes, the last 3 years they have had a tournament on Saturday. It's always good fun.
    I hope you can make it.

#7 10 years ago

I'll be there all 3 days. Looking forward to meeting some SPG members.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Yes, the last 3 years they have had a tournament on Saturday. It's always good fun.
    I hope you can make it.

Thanks, dude. Hope to meet you there!

#10 10 years ago

Bump. 99 days and a wake up until the awesomeness.

#11 10 years ago

morning bump.

#12 10 years ago

I may need a game brought from Portland to the bay area, if you are coming to PAGG and have room to transport a game let me know.

Robert

#13 10 years ago

I plan on going on Saturday. I've never been to a pinball event so this should be a great time for me.....

#14 10 years ago

You have no idea....

#15 10 years ago

Is there an official 2014 pagg thread? I wouldn't want to be breaking any laws by visiting this thread

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Steve Ritchie is going to be there!

Really??!! Awesome!

#17 10 years ago

Jonny O used to run the tourney at PAGG and he's retired now so we need someone else to run it!

Anyone, Bueller?

Last year was my first and I had a blast. Can't wait to go again this year!

#18 10 years ago

Two things I want to do for sure this year:

1) Be there in time for the flea market.

2) Play in the tournament.

Everything else is gravy.

#19 10 years ago

We will be there.... Ooh, all night, all night Oh, every night So hold tight, hold tight Ooh baby, hold tight Oh, she said

#20 10 years ago

When someone like Steve Ritchie comes to a show and signs stuff, does he typically bring a bunch of stuff you can buy and have him sign?

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

When someone like Steve Ritchie comes to a show and signs stuff, does he typically bring a bunch of stuff you can buy and have him sign?

I imagine it is whatever the person prefers doing.

Steve Ritchie specifically, previous PAGG's he would have a booth with some stuff (mostly newer things). He's a really nice and approachable guy.

#22 10 years ago

Check out his website. Maybe you can order, and have him bring it - save shipping,
    http://www.steveritchiepinball.com/

Last time he brought the laser cut mini-playfields, spider man webbies, flyers, and some other stuff.

#23 10 years ago

The organizers have done amazing things to make the show spectacular. The addition of the north hall, the food court, and the flea market have put this show on another level. What can you do to help make it better?

Support the vendors. Some travel a great distance and every purchase helps to make their trip worthwhile.

Volunteer! Without volunteers, the show can't go on. Believe it or not, working the show is fun! I'm sure the sign-up list will be coming out in the next couple of months. With the size of the local pinball community, they shouldn't need to search for volunteers.

Donate to the raffle and silent auction. Pinball parts, gameroom items, gift certificates, etc.

Bring pins. Without pins, it's not much of a show. Last year the East Bay guys and a few local collectors put the pin count over the top. The amount of labor and energy they provided was staggering.

Looking forward to another memorable PAGG!

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

#24 10 years ago

I will be picking up LEDs, rings, flipper rings etc. I always try to pick up as much as possible from the venders there. It supports them and you save a bundle on the shipping. It's a win win.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

I will be picking up LEDs, rings, flipper rings etc. I always try to pick up as much as possible from the venders there. It supports them and you save a bundle on the shipping. It's a win win.

It's an especially a good time to pick up glass!

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballrus:

It's an especially a good time to pick up glass!

True! Order it ahead of time from Bay Area Amusments and tell them you want to pick up at the show at checkout. But don't wait until the last minute to get it! Get it early and stash it.

#27 10 years ago

Anyone want to unofficially add PAGG to the events page?

https://pinside.com/pinball/events

#28 10 years ago

from the pinball news story, the kid in the overalls and john deere hat is my son.
    and that's what pinball is all about Charlie brown.
    18.jpg18.jpg18.jpg18.jpg18.jpg18.jpg18.jpg18.jpg

#29 10 years ago

ooops, only wanted to post it one time.

#30 10 years ago

Holy cow that's adorable. Even four times.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

Holy cow that's adorable. Even four times.

Yes it is. The kid playing looks like he's really working it and the kid watching looks like he's thinking to himself: Wow! Did he just live catch that screamer off the pop bumper? Good stuff 4x.

#32 10 years ago

you know what's weird? both my younger boys don't care for the newer games at all. they both love the older em games especially the wood rails. I think its the simple layout of the games. they seem to instantly understand them.

#33 10 years ago

I hope I can make it this year!!! Hopefully, there will be a Goldeneye or DH for sale up there.

#34 10 years ago

Would like to see a player's MB there if I'm not already the proud owner of one.

#35 10 years ago

Cant wait. Had an amazing time last year setting up and hanging all weekend. Sold my DW that I still regret but damn got a sweet TOM as well. Rain go away im ready for spring and PAGG

#36 10 years ago

I hoping to find a Whirlwind there. I see them all the time online but nothing even close let alone one in California.

#37 10 years ago

I Just Counted The Games From Last Year That I Played.
    I Played 111 Different Games In 3 Days.
    I Need To Beat That This Year. Some Games I Played Multiple Times Over The weekend.

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

from the pinball news story, the kid in the overalls and john deere hat is my son.
    and that's what pinball is all about Charlie brown.

I was thinking it looked more like a Norman Rockwell painting.

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from chrisjens2:

I hoping to find a Whirlwind there. I see them all the time online but nothing even close let alone one in California.

There's a Whirlwind on location at Free Gold Watch in San Francisco and another at Hi-Life in Oakland (unless it was moved out recently). Just in case you don't see one at PAGG

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from haugstrup:

There's a Whirlwind on location at Free Gold Watch in San Francisco and another at Hi-Life in Oakland (unless it was moved out recently). Just in case you don't see one at PAGG

Awesome, thanks! I'm making the drive up for PAGG so really hoping to see one there, but it's always nice to have a back up plan......

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from chrisjens2:

That or dw is most likely what I will be bringing.

#42 10 years ago

I'll be there for 3 days. I'll bring 3-4 games and several of my Wizard of Oz custom framed pictures, with deep emerald green glitter / clear coat treatment, to donate for the raffle.

Kerry

#43 10 years ago

Ill be there as always and im Bringing LiS again this year and most Likely Godzilla, I will be selling some parts in the Flea Market on the lawn again or maybe get a table. See you all there.

Joe(acejedi)

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from Acejedi:

Ill be there as always and im Bringing LiS again this year

Sweet! I played that LiS last year and it was a lot more fun than people give it credit for. I'll be happy to throw some more plays on it for you!

#45 10 years ago

Anyone bringing a welder? I have a missing mount from the wireform on my Indy 500. I don't have the piece that broke off, but the wireform shakes pretty good when they come out of the turbo.

The missing mounting tab is circled

ramp-703.pngramp-703.png

#46 10 years ago

Anybody bringing a pinbot to pagg? And if so, do you think it might be for sale? I might be in the market for one.

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Anybody bringing a pinbot to pagg? And if so, do you think it might be for sale? I might be in the market for one.

Yeah, and I can help you store it for as long as you need

#48 10 years ago

I can bring a Jolly Park and Dakar
    If someone buys these before hand

Drop a line I would say

#49 10 years ago

PM sent.

Steve

Quoted from rvdv:

I can bring a Jolly Park and Dakar
    If someone buys these before hand
    Drop a line I would say

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from NiftyLED:

We will be there.... Ooh, all night, all night Oh, every night So hold tight, hold tight Ooh baby, hold tight Oh, she said

We're really glad that you are going to be there again Nifty. You really added to the show last year.

I'll be there all three show days plus Wednesday, Thursday before, and Monday after

Looking forward to seeing all my old friends and lots of new ones as well.

There are 758 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-unofficial-2014-pagg-pin-a-go-go-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.