Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (1).jpg
download (2).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thedefog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Law:

Just about every Sega game.

you know you love SWT
I tend to agree the sega year were the roughest for Stern. A lot of poopy games. Baywatch isn't bad, if you pretend it is a different theme.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Law:

or Gottlieb Stargate.

awww, I like Stargate a lot.

Quoted from Flippermatt:

Personally.. Barry Oursler accross the board

All my favorite games ironically for the reasons you listed. I like the chaotic nature of his layouts. I don't want a game to be 100% skill driven. There has got to be some chaos involved, it feels more magical when you get a good game. Besides, these designs were made to drain to make money, so they did just that.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

A terrific ballplay happens every 30balls. Let´s start with a greatest ball ever which brings your score way up. The next two balls will drain for no particular reason without the player even having deserved it.

Why I love and respect the bot. BTW, having owned it for a few years now, I know when those drains are gonna happen, and can prevent them a good amount of the time now. It takes having a weird connection to the game, which takes about a good 1000 evil drains at least before you start to notice the pattern, it isn't quite as random as it seems, and usually happens under certain circumstances. The fast shoot out of the pop bumper is the usual culprit you can't react to fast enough to, so I just stay on my toes while it is banging around in there and get ready to nudge. Others are just the slings, which you can predict and nudge. I can get one good game every 3 or so now, where it use to be like 1 in 20 games. But it took owning it, it is one of the reasons I like the game so much, there is a lot of skill involved preventing those drains, but it still gets you 1/2 the time, like when you just get a bad fast deflect off of something. That makes me wanna come back and kick its ass.

#29 8 years ago

A good pin to me is one that is easily understood but difficult to master. That's why I like most of Ourseler's designs. He puts just enough F-you into the game to make you wanna come back for me, but not so much that I wanna torch the game. They are defensive games more than offensive sometimes. My least favorite aspect of his designs are the nearly 90 degree targets that really can only be hit by accident. Other than that, I prefer his designs to any other. I like shorter ball time games for the most part (with the exception of LotR), so his games have always had more of an appeal to me for that reason. I can always escape and get in a few quick games, then run off and do something else.

#34 8 years ago

I had Laser War, that got more laughs though, and as kids of the 80's, it was the good kind of funny, like Genesis funny.

#36 8 years ago

SF2 is just a disaster. Poor Blanka.

#37 8 years ago

download (2).jpgdownload (2).jpg

IS NOT

download (1).jpgdownload (1).jpg

although the similarities are striking

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
4,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, OH
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thedefog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-ugly-ducklings-of-pinball?tu=thedefog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.