Topic Stats

• 440 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by DennisK
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 34 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

241 (resized).jpg
20181028_143154 (resized).jpg
DSC06278 (resized).JPG
DSC06280 (resized).JPG
DSC06282 (resized).JPG
DSC06283 (resized).JPG
DSC06281 (resized).JPG
boourns.gif
DSC06305 (resized).JPG
DSC06298 (resized).JPG
DSC06287 (resized).JPG
DSC06309 (resized).JPG
DSC06292 (resized).JPG
DSC06289 (resized).JPG
pp000084 (resized).jpg
D1BE190D-58CA-4098-A23B-04DC22231E62.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#335 7 months ago
Quoted from MonsieurCS:

Hey it's the booer here.

I respectfully suggest this was not the right place time or method to try and get that grievance rectified.

It made the event awkward and uncomfortable for me and likely others. And this was after the rest of the event presented so well.

#365 6 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's wild how serious you guys are taking this. I really don't think Stern needs to care about a podcast award show. They could just not show up at all, not send a rep, utterly ignore it, and maybe make one guy so mad he doesn't buy a new game for the next month before caving and getting it anyway. That would be about the extent of any repercussions.

I think you’re underestimating how deeply people who make things care how people receive them.
Everyone wants to be appreciated for the things they do.

I sat by some of the Stern winners and I can tell you they were happy and proud by their wins, as they should be!
It was exciting to me to see them take pride in recognition for their hard work.

I think Greg and Zach have done the pinball world a huge service by creating these awards and treating them with respect.
In my view they’ve taken a “podcast award show” and made a real industry benchmark out of it.

#368 6 months ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

As much as a Greg and Zach do for pinball and using YouTube and Twitch to make things happen, and being big fans of theirs, the credit for coming up with these awards goes to Jeff Patterson.....the awards are named after This Week in Pinball after all!

Oops! Thanks for setting me straight. Definitely want credit where it is due to all involved.

#376 6 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Damn, nothing says "you haven't made anything new in a while" more than a poster who joined Pinside in 2017 explaining how people who make things feel.

I’m a maker. I care about what I build and how people use it. Screw me for respecting makers in the pinball world. I guess I should refrain from posting until it’s been 5 or 10 years?

#379 6 months ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I think he's referring to how he's made a bunch of very well received mods and was involved in the Alien design and artwork, which all predates you coming here and telling him how people who make stuff feel.

I was really just speaking to the notion that the TWIPYs don’t matter and could be ignored by stern et al.

My view and observation is that they did matter a great deal to the folks who participated.

And yeah being new I had no idea what that guy has done or who he is. Respect to him for also being a maker who helps the community thrive. Alien is a piece of art.

I generally try to post in a way that spreads positive energy. Sorry that I appear to have failed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 7,300.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 18.95
$ 209.00
5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Collins, CO
$ 9.95
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 189.00
$ 229.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Davenport, IA
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 24.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside