DSC06305 (resized).JPG
DSC06298 (resized).JPG
DSC06287 (resized).JPG
DSC06309 (resized).JPG
DSC06292 (resized).JPG
DSC06289 (resized).JPG
pp000084 (resized).jpg
D1BE190D-58CA-4098-A23B-04DC22231E62.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I think MBr should be handled as a full game.
Just because IF MBr would win the "best toys" 2018 category that would be a big statement.

Love the game but curious by this? CGC Techically didn't create/design/code this game engineers 20 years ago did. I Do applaud the awesome work CGC did but hard to say they created a new game. As for best toys, the made a topper and used an available lightning disk. Again, not sure that would be a best toys innovation though it could fit in the best Mod category in my opinion. Please, no hate this is an Awesome game just hard to judge a facsimile to some of the very creative new work the talent of today have created.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

It doesn't matter who designed it, it is the "best toy" category.
And MB, a 20 year old game, has way more toys then any Stern and a vote would show the appreciation for that.
(On a side note it being disqualified makes JJPs Pirates the only real contender in my opinion.
Alice Cooper seems great also but we haven't seen so little yet I don't know it will Show up anywhere.
And when code is propably there next year and people know the game it can't compete again. )

So (promise not trolling you lol) Since the Designer of the toys you Love on MB is Actually an employee of Stern should the award go to Stern then? Seems like Lyman had a Bit to do with MB last I checked? Again, thats the only reason I feel the CGC machines are difficult to compare or complete. Just an opinion.

A joke... Technically Great American Pinball remade Twilight Zone this year. Should he be a candidate for best toys also? TZ is Loaded with toys and as it doesn't matter that he engineered or created them should not matter no?

2 months later
#175 5 years ago

What an amazing award ceremony. The commitment and effort Zach and Greg made to raise the bar for pinball and this hobby we all Love was outstanding. They raised the bar for pinball with a huge touch of class and a passion we all feel for this hobby. I am confident this annual event will grow to new heights for many years to come and for that I thank them and also their supporting family. So wonderful to see All the incredibly hard working people at Every level in this hobby recognized and appreciated for what they do for us. Thank you Both, an absolutely amazing show you should be proud of as well as everyone that contributes to this hobby win or loose.

#305 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

wow, never was a fan of Franchi's behaviour on various previous podcasts, but man he is a sore loser
Zombi Yeti is a much better person and artist, hats off to you ZY

Come on Swinks you can’t be serious? If you ever met Franchi you would know he is a down right cool and awsome guy. This was Purposely staged for Fun and the fact that Franchi was cool enough to play along was priceless. They were attempting to have a Hollywood (or Pinside) type drama to add flare. Yes as Zach said it went off his script as a few missed their cue but to think Franchi is Anything less then awesome for playing along is sad. I appreciated Ever little detail Zach and Greg (and team) made to make this a truly special event. Also, if Anyone thinks the recipients did not value and appreciate this recognition you completely missed your mark. We seen Stern doing a full blown photo shoot in their booth of the TWIPY lineup completely Stoked and my favorite seeing Arrghhhh Eric walking around the hall with TWIPY’s in all pockets Proudly showing theme to everyone. Awesome guy and team that while tired appreciated the acknowledgment of their hard work.

#362 5 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

i Listened to the show live driving home on a pinball haul, and watched it again on twitch. You guys hit it out of the park! Thanks to everyone involved for putting in all that time and effort to recognize excellence in our hobby. My wife even said wow when I made her watch a little. Next years gonna need live music with Grammy winning artists and Supermodels walking winners to the podium to top it!

Support Flipnoutpinball to be the #1 distibutor and knowing Zach you will see more then supermodels on stage! Lol. What they created on a shoe string budget was absolutely incredible. Who knows in a few years we may all need to wear suit coats and ties to visit this event. Or at least fancy denim jackets!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 14.00
$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-twipy-pinball-awards-a-celebration-of-the-hobby-coming-soon?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.