DSC06305 (resized).JPG
DSC06298 (resized).JPG
DSC06287 (resized).JPG
DSC06309 (resized).JPG
DSC06292 (resized).JPG
DSC06289 (resized).JPG
pp000084 (resized).jpg
D1BE190D-58CA-4098-A23B-04DC22231E62.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#179 5 years ago

Wow, what an awesome show! This was the most fun I've had watching a live pinball related event (streamed it). Greg, Zach, and TWIP went all out with this show, awesome showmanship too guys! I enjoyed watching this show more then any other awards show on TV, it was just fun and a great way to celebrate pinball.

#183 5 years ago

One more thing, there should be a TWIPY for "Biggest WTF Moment" and Chris Franchi can win after smashing / throwing ZombieYetis best artwork award. That was weird.

#216 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

i've put in hundreds of games on both and Iron Maiden is far and away a better game that Pirates in my opinion. Definitely not a better world under glass though.
Maiden is just so much more of a complete package than Pirates (not even including the myriad tech issues that pirates owners should NOT have to be dealing with for $9,000+).

Ugh, think the complete opposite and find Iron Maiden to be a bit dull. Not much if anything in regards to toys, pass, even Dead Pool pro at least has a bobble head toy... Some very cheesy animations too that are pulled from a cell phone game. Also, latest build Pirates have been very reliable.

#218 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

for me i don't even notice the lack of toys in Maiden - thats how good of a layout and design it is. plus the code and rules are just SO refined and deep.
Pirates has the toys for sure but I feel like the modes/chapters are a HUGE swing-and-a-miss for them. literally no variation whatsoever. there is some 'multiball fatigue' in the game too but that might just be a personal issue with how i enjoy games.

Theres a ton of variation with the way Pirates plays due to the 22 character abilities (plus disadvantage) , pirate lane awards, and map awards. Those 3 items affect heavily how modes are played. All 5 movie mulitballs have different goals and theres also 5 standalone objective based wizard modes and a super wizard mode coming. Its depth is unmatched in my opinion.

Much of Iron Maidens rules feel dull to me with a good number of modes requiring the player to just keep hitting the same ramps and orbit again and again. Like to play it on location but just not a type of game I would have at home. Glad a lot of people enjoy it.

#234 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Should music pins be included in the best music category is a good question. Remember there was IM, ACNC and Primus all competing with original music pins. If Maiden included a bunch of newer and less popular songs for the purpose of marketing or licensing, the pin would have been much less enjoyable, so recognition should be given for including the music that pinball fans want (and voted for).

A "best original music" category would be great for music that is created specifically for a pinball machine versus a licensed tracks.

#281 5 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Kaneda!! Really?? He’s such a massive dick! Sadly the legion of fan bois were happy to throw their support behind him... I did like his speech though. I’ve tried listening to him a few times but but it’s just unbearable.
Slam Tilt, Pinball Profile and Head to Head in no particular order are miles ahead of Kaneda.

There's times where Kaneda has been rude and obnoxious and that is not cool and has no place. He has apologized for some incidents and seemed sincere about it. Not excusing the behavior and I hope theres a trend of respect from him. I thought it was nice how he complimented other pinball podcasts at the TWIPYs and said that the guy booing is his number 1 fan lol.

I do like a more critical take at times in pinball. Some pinball podcasts seem to only agree with manufacturers, compliment them and never offer a critical point of view. That gets dull.

#378 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's wild how serious you guys are taking this. I really don't think Stern needs to care about a podcast award show. They could just not show up at all, not send a rep, utterly ignore it, and maybe make one guy so mad he doesn't buy a new game for the next month before caving and getting it anyway. That would be about the extent of any repercussions.
It's great that people get recognition, Robin deserves props for the work he puts into Pinside, but I think this forum can forget how far up our own butts we crawl on things. All this pointless arguing about which game is better, and if there are enough toys, blah blah blah. And then a new game comes out and we line up to buy it without playing it. We're killing time BSing with each other. I've done plenty myself, don't think I'm casting judgement, but I've never pretended it meant anything. Maybe we got a couple art packages improved, that's something.
Some guy booing for 2 minutes straight sounds pretty classless, but I'm not gonna pretend I don't think it's hilarious. Find out who he is, I'll buy him a beer.

Pretty sure we've all heard of Stern.

Thanks again for the great input you provided JJP on Hobbit artwork, couldn't imagine it any other way. Original artwork still makes be shiver. The community complained heavily about the original artwork and Smaug mold when it was first shown. It was great to see JJP listen and take action, if they hadn't a part of me thinks they wouldn't be around today.

pp000084 (resized).jpgpp000084 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rochester, NH
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-twipy-pinball-awards-a-celebration-of-the-hobby-coming-soon?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.