Topic Stats

• 440 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by DennisK
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 34 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

241 (resized).jpg
20181028_143154 (resized).jpg
DSC06278 (resized).JPG
DSC06280 (resized).JPG
DSC06282 (resized).JPG
DSC06283 (resized).JPG
DSC06281 (resized).JPG
boourns.gif
DSC06305 (resized).JPG
DSC06298 (resized).JPG
DSC06287 (resized).JPG
DSC06309 (resized).JPG
DSC06292 (resized).JPG
DSC06289 (resized).JPG
pp000084 (resized).jpg
D1BE190D-58CA-4098-A23B-04DC22231E62.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hollywoodbone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#291 7 months ago

Thank you to every one who watched! We were truly happy with how every thing turned out. We had super small budget to work with and we all made it work. We knew we didn’t want just a seminar, it had to feel like an awards show and I feel it was achieved. With that I Have to thank all the people who volunteered to help run the show. Richard and Howard for running cameras, William Oetting for running all the videos, Joel Reeves for DJing the music as people walk up to accept, David Tiel for the awesome music that was used, Cary Hardy for helping set up, Ryan White for helping set up lights, Nicole Meny, Priscilla and Jason for getting the red carpet down, Jeff for all the work put it together and working like crazy back stage,and most importantly Zach for the countless hours and days spent on the videos! That’s what truly made the production. Also thank you to to all the presenters for taking time out of there night to help make this such a great evening as well as Marco Specialities and Flip N Out for sponsoring the show! I know there are more people so I’m sorry if I missed you! This list is not even including the TWIPY Committee Jeff formed but I’ll leave those to Jeff.
We knew things weren’t going to be perfect and went into this as a learning experience and we did just that! This show will most certainly get better and more polished! Thanks again for every one who attended and watched from home. One last note. The guy booing was most certainly a dick and really was disrespectful to the show and all the people I mentioned.

#295 7 months ago
Quoted from speederice:

I think it was awesome that they got John Rhys-Davies to present an award and do a few callouts from LOTR. Huge surprise for the audience, and was one of the best moments of the night. He seemed bewildered but also really amused that a room full of pinball fans would get such a kick out of him saying "Jackpot ONE!"

Very much so and I think it really made him feel good to have a complete standing ovation from a room full of people spilling out the back doors! We thought he and Butch both were long shots but Ed and Jeff made it happen! Made my night for sure

#316 7 months ago
Quoted from Metaluna5:

Hey ballers, this is Christopher Franchi.
I wanted to take a minute to make sure we were all clear on the events that’s transpired during The Twipys event.
First off, much love and admiration to Zach, Greg and Jeff for a perfectly exectuted, professional show. It was very impressive and I was proud to be a part of it.
So, as far as the “trophy stomp” gag goes, here’s the story.
About a month ago, Zach and I were talking and I thought maybe it’d be a good idea to pull off a little stunt just to spark the audience a bit. Award shows can get a bit dry with the repetition of nominees, winner speech, nominees, winner speech.
So I called up Jeremy (Mr Zombie Yeti) and asked if he was going to Texas. He said no. So I asked if I could accept his award on his behalf. He said “I won??” Well, no one knows the results yet, but c’mon. It was the year of the Yeti. You’re a shoe-in and totally deserve it. I told him about my idea to play s little prank and he loved it. So a plan was set in place.
Jump forward to the night of the awards. Oops, no one told Mike Vinacor, who was accepting all of the Stern awards, that I was to accept on Jeremy’s behalf, so he just bolted up there.
Quick change of script!!
I walked up there, slowly crept up on Mike, hoping he’d stop and ask me what I wanted. Well, he finished his speech. I then quickly grabbed the trophy and started a modified version of the acceptance speech that was planned. To explain the love and admiration we artists have for each other, and that there is no jealousy or dislike between us, but rather a brotherhood. Then I broke down with a moment of silence, started to cry and placed the trophy (stunt trophy, not Jeremy’s actual award) on an angle across the edge of the podium base, and stomped on it, snapping it in half. I picked up the remaining parts and threw them, looked at the crowd and yelled I HATE YOU!! and ran off.
Well, no one told Mike so he was standing on that stage mortified and thought I flipped a nut, which only added the the realism of the joke, for better or worse.
As you can see in Stern photos for that night, the actual trophy was given to Mike after the show and all was well. We smashed a stunt trophy that was secured far in advance.
So some of you got it and enjoyed it, which I’m glad. It was designed to just lighten the mood and give people a laugh, however, my acting skills must be at a higher level than I thought and Mike’s actual horror over what just happened made many think it was real.
To those who didn’t appreciate it, just know that Jeremy gave me his blessing and of course no disrespect was intended. I’m very excited and proud for Jeremy’s well deserved win.
To those who said I’m not a comedian, you’re correct. I tried. If I failed and you didn’t see the humor in it, I offer my apologies. I hope you enjoyed the rest of the show.
Let’s give it up to the man, Zombie Yeti, for an amazing year of beautiful work we all get to enjoy, and to ALL the winners and nominees!
Man, I love pinball!!!
Cheers,
Christopher Franchi

Wow very well said Chris!

#333 7 months ago
Quoted from zombyetilicious:

For the sake of clarification, Chris and I are friends. He had asked me if he could accept in light of me not attending, I said 'knock yourself out'.
Chris didn't do anything but try to add some excitement to the proceeding - no ill intent - only trying to entertain!
And thanks for the kind words, Chris! It's all you next year - Munsters is a knock out!
And sincere thanks to all who support everyone in this tiny industry. Greatly appreciate all the player recognition for little indie projects like Keith Elwin's Iron Maiden ... Now maybe Keith will have the drive to keep making games!
-Z'yeti™

Ha ha I think the problem was it was played to well and came off super serious! There were even some hotel employees that got nervous and worked up! I thought it was great and thank you Jeremy for being such a good sport and Congrats on two kick ass games this year!

#338 7 months ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Could have gone over a lot better if you two let everyone in on the joke or played it off better. Your reaction was a mixture of shock and appal which made the show seem derailed. Otherwise, excellent job. The Kaneda thing wasn't that big a deal on the stream because the boos were pretty quiet and it was awesome seeing Kaneda squirm.

Ha ha wellllll we wanted to keep it a secret and we wanted to play it off as well after it happened! We just completely underestimated how serious people took it and with Chris yelling I hate you in such a goofy manner I thought it lightened it and people would understand! It was t till after the show we found out just how many people thought it was legit and not that funny! We do apologize for that! But hopefully looking back most can find the humor in it!

#343 7 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Mike not knowing just helped sell it as real, which made it better.

I honestly felt bad for Mike! He’s such a nice dude and he got pretty upset I think! I for sure owe the guy an apology for the mixup

#388 7 months ago
Quoted from jar155:

A few pics...I have more, but need to pull them from my camera. I was sitting pretty far back and that light stand was in my way, but the shots came out ok. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting the cool pics jar

#394 7 months ago
Quoted from jar155:

Few more pics... (note: clicking on them makes them look more sharp, same with the previous post I did.)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice do you care if I post a few of them?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hollywoodbone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside