Topic Stats

• 440 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by DennisK
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 34 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

241 (resized).jpg
20181028_143154 (resized).jpg
DSC06278 (resized).JPG
DSC06280 (resized).JPG
DSC06282 (resized).JPG
DSC06283 (resized).JPG
DSC06281 (resized).JPG
boourns.gif
DSC06305 (resized).JPG
DSC06298 (resized).JPG
DSC06287 (resized).JPG
DSC06309 (resized).JPG
DSC06292 (resized).JPG
DSC06289 (resized).JPG
pp000084 (resized).jpg
D1BE190D-58CA-4098-A23B-04DC22231E62.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#110 6 months ago

I'm enjoying this. Yes it's as amateur but they're keeping it moving and the nominees videos are well done. Good job!

#151 6 months ago

it did feel like it was DP vs IMDN vs POTC for every category....assuming they removed the other options since they didn't get enough votes? That's understandable but it made it seem like only 3 games were ever in contention and they were always the same/

I really enjoyed it though especially considering the grassroots effort around it. great job

Stern really "showed up" btw - this guy Mike seems to be their representation for Texas....not a good look for them as it seems as if they don't care which they prob dont

Glad to see Kaneda win the podcast too. Well deserved.

#188 6 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You have no idea as usual.
Mike is a long term industry vet... was also a prime figure of stern at TPF and other shows last year... and said in their session yesterday he will be doing 10(iirc) shoes this year. He's a nice guy and real easy to talk to.

Oh flynnibus - thank you for enlightening me and the pinside community!

Please - don't even get me started.

I heard the snoozefest on Friday. I have no issue with the guy at all, seemed very nice. Open you ears though and maybe your eyes and you'll realize Mike isn't Keith. I remember Eric accepted for pirates - you know the guy who ACTUALLY DESIGNED the game! Did you know that Flynnbus? Or maybe you're too focused on lecturing everyone.

Sorry I'm not such a sucker like you and take whatever Stern gives us. I'm calling out like I always do. Continue boring the rest of us with your lectures and let me know once you figure out why Kaneda won - you're as usual tone deaf to what's actually happening here.

#227 6 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Who goes to the shows has ALWAYS been shaped by the work schedule going on. They have a job to do.
You seriously think everyone mentioned by a podcasters self driven thing in just its second year should change their real world priorities to bend to it?
You are in fantasy land as usual. Instead of making up stuff to fill in what you don't know, just accept you don't know and maybe try to get informed

Stern should have shown like they give a damn about these awards. You don't think jjp is busy? Credit to them for going and representing along with the others like AP and Spooky.

Oh flynnibus - you're such a bore that even typing this feels like too much time being spent on you but go ahead and continue bending over and taking it from Gary. Keep on making excuses for them. You would be better off though closing your mouth and listening more. You might learn a thing or two.

#248 6 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

This coming from the guy who watched it online... verse the people that were actually there and saw it. I was sitting right behind the biggest name in pinball (who works for stern) and was chatting with Jon borg walking in the door... and the head artist and sound designers were there... Dwight was there...as well as their primary show representative. What the hell did you want? Butt hurt that Elwin wasn't there?
30 pins in Marcos booth trumps not having Elwin there to pickup a pointless fan vote contest award.

Fitting you would use the word butt hurt. Says everything about you. Embarrassing.

Who else had to suffer through a conversation with you? I'm curious bc they're the real heros of that show. Poor people had to listen to you drone on and on. Wake me up when you're done.

#255 6 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Embarrassing you can't come up with anything but complaining about how you think should be and can't acknowledge anything else that actually happened.
Seriously - answer what you think stern should have done to "take this seriously"
I think their staff were well prepped and handled themselves very well on stage.

So you think Stern's staff were well prepped and handled themselves very well on stage? You don't say? Well put flynnibus! Anything else you want to add that would wake me up during this brain dead conversation of you talking to yourself about how much you love stern and how they did everything right?

Oh those poor people you tortured this weekend having to listen to you talk about nothing. It's like that scene from airplane where the person is hanging b/c they couldn't fathom listening any more. Someone give them a TWIPY too!

On a more interesting note - the jerkoff who was booing should be outed and shamed for acting like a complete moron. Not surprised you're also defending that guy. Classy move.

#260 6 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yes, they were classy, respectful, appreciative, on point, organized. That clearly was addressed and they handled themselves well. This is the first time anyone has tried to pull one of these shows off and frankly you didn't know what quite to expect. And right off the top, Jerry Thompson got up there and was genuine and professional.
And for the most part.. other people followed in that good example. Sans Franchi - but that was bad humor that apparently most people aren't familiar with. For those who don't know what he was mimic'ing...

Such brainless drivel may work in your 'which fanboi is best' religion wars about vendors with others... but that kind of baseless, and frankly ignorant of reality type of crap just exposes you for what you are. Someone who just has to talk and try to label people instead of actually sticking to the points of the discussion. You clearly have no idea of who I 'love' or not.
But I see you still can't answer the question... only rant on. Do you have a suggestion of what would have made Stern's presence creditable? Gary Stern must be hanging on your super informed POV...

You do a good enough job of labeling yourself.....a snoozefest who lectures others. Yawn.

I've already explained my position earlier - close your mouth and open your ears. I suggested that earlier - try it out.

I think the show was fantastic and enjoyed it throughout (minus the guy you support who was booing and being rude...classy move).

#263 6 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So who was the jackass that was booing?

EDIT - I can't confirm if it was him and would feel bad if it wasn't. See post below.

#318 6 months ago

How anyone could have thought that was real and you were really upset is beyond me. I found it to be hilarious.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside