Topic Stats

• 440 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by DennisK
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 34 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

241 (resized).jpg
20181028_143154 (resized).jpg
DSC06278 (resized).JPG
DSC06280 (resized).JPG
DSC06282 (resized).JPG
DSC06283 (resized).JPG
DSC06281 (resized).JPG
boourns.gif
DSC06305 (resized).JPG
DSC06298 (resized).JPG
DSC06287 (resized).JPG
DSC06309 (resized).JPG
DSC06292 (resized).JPG
DSC06289 (resized).JPG
pp000084 (resized).jpg
D1BE190D-58CA-4098-A23B-04DC22231E62.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 9 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

And MB, a 20 year old game, has way more toys then any Stern and a vote would show the appreciation for that.

What toys does MB have? I see two bash toys, one moves on a track.

#20 9 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Plasma disc LE only, Frankenstein, drac trak, creature figure under pf, the moving head, phantom flip (if you count that), that muscle dude,.mummy/coffin.

Wow. If all that counts, stern games are packed too. Haha

#21 9 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Ow, come on. - This one at least has a REAL molded Sacopharcus that opens (with a Mummy in it), not like Maiden Premium/ LE and a whole lot of stuff more wich may not affect the gameplay but is satisfying non the less. It has an animated toy reward for nearly every mode.

So three then? Haha

#23 9 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Someone hacked into your account?
I don't remember you trolling so hard.
Don't get me wrong of all the games this year I'd prefer Maiden Pro more then anything.
But it ist just as barebone as it get's toy/ mechwise. It has one target in the back.
An opening Sacopharcus, Standing up Frankenstein and way lot more of stuff may not add anything for you but sure add to athmosphere (and cost).

Not a troll at all. I don’t consider it a toy if it doesn’t effect gameplay. Hence my vote was P3. The cosmic cart racing mech might be the best mech I’ve ever seen.

#25 9 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That is fair but look at MM, the 'rumbling' castle mech adds nothing gameplaywise

The ball goes into the castle and gives the illusion that the castle blew up from the ball. That’s a toy all day.

Those other items I’d put into the theme integration more than anything. Was that a category? I can’t remember.

#27 9 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You shoot Frankenstein to make it alive and when you make it it it stands up and moves. - So where's the difference to the castle?

Zero difference. That’s why I consider both a toy. Haha

#29 9 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Troll, troll, troll!
I'll let this one slip. Like your Videos.

I’m going to chalk it up to English not being your native language (assumption). Haha. I think MB has two major toys that affect gameplay (frank and Dracula). My original comment on MB toys spoke to both of these.

And I also feel MM’s castle is a toy.

I hope that makes more sense.

Here’s to an interesting TWIPY’s. My votes were all over the place.

#31 9 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

It's just a Little bit sad there are aso many titles to vote for most of us never had yet chances to lay hand on.
(Looking at Cosmic Cart, ACNC, The Mafia...)

Agreed. But I’ve seen multiple videos on each so I have some sense of them to opine on them. I’ve never played Cosmic, but that mech is amazing in the videos. Nothing comes close to it for me compare to other toys/mechs in 2018.

Mafia didn’t get a single vote from me because nothing stood out to me in the videos I’ve seen as anything being the best of 2018.

Alice Cooper is super cool and I’m one of the lucky ones to have played it and have one relatively close to me to play.

#69 9 months ago
Quoted from speederice:

Really hoping Deadpool gets some consideration for art. I understand it will probably get docked GOTY votes because some cannot get over the lack of R-rated speech, or had issues with the sword ramp shot, but it has really great artwork that leaps right out of the comic books.

It got my vote for best artwork.

2 months later
#104 6 months ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

If anyone is streaming please post a link!

www.twitch.tv/sdtmpinball

#222 6 months ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I thought it was odd also being it was for 2018. I think the category itself is good. Maybe next year the committy needs to narrow it to 10 to be voted on.

Yep. Pretty easy to find 10 of the mods that were developed during the year and have people vote on them. So for Pinstadium, his entry would specifically be the Orion’s Belt.

Or if you want to go broad, just have the top 10 mod makers and have people vote on them. So not best mod, but best mod maker.

#317 6 months ago
Quoted from Metaluna5:

Hey ballers, this is Christopher Franchi.
I wanted to take a minute to make sure we were all clear on the events that’s transpired during The Twipys event.
First off, much love and admiration to Zach, Greg and Jeff for a perfectly exectuted, professional show. It was very impressive and I was proud to be a part of it.
So, as far as the “trophy stomp” gag goes, here’s the story.
About a month ago, Zach and I were talking and I thought maybe it’d be a good idea to pull off a little stunt just to spark the audience a bit. Award shows can get a bit dry with the repetition of nominees, winner speech, nominees, winner speech.
So I called up Jeremy (Mr Zombie Yeti) and asked if he was going to Texas. He said no. So I asked if I could accept his award on his behalf. He said “I won??” Well, no one knows the results yet, but c’mon. It was the year of the Yeti. You’re a shoe-in and totally deserve it. I told him about my idea to play a little prank and he loved it. So a plan was set in place.
Jump forward to the night of the awards. Oops, no one told Mike Vinacor, who was accepting all of the Stern awards, that I was to accept on Jeremy’s behalf, so he just bolted up there.
Quick change of script!!
I walked up there, slowly crept up on Mike, hoping he’d stop and ask me what I wanted. Well, he finished his speech. I then quickly grabbed the trophy and started a modified version of the acceptance speech that was planned. To explain the love and admiration we artists have for each other, and that there is no jealousy or dislike between us, but rather a brotherhood. Then I broke down with a moment of silence, started to cry and placed the trophy (stunt trophy, not Jeremy’s actual award) on an angle across the edge of the podium base, and stomped on it, snapping it in half. I picked up the remaining parts and threw them, looked at the crowd and yelled I HATE YOU!! and ran off.
Well, no one told Mike so he was standing on that stage mortified and thought I flipped a nut, which only added the the realism of the joke, for better or worse.
As you can see in Stern photos for that night, the actual trophy was given to Mike after the show and all was well. We smashed a stunt trophy that was secured far in advance.
So some of you got it and enjoyed it, which I’m glad. It was designed to just lighten the mood and give people a laugh, however, my acting skills must be at a higher level than I thought and Mike’s actual horror over what just happened made many think it was real.
To those who didn’t appreciate it, just know that Jeremy gave me his blessing and of course no disrespect was intended. I’m very excited and proud for Jeremy’s well deserved win.
To those who said I’m not a comedian, you’re correct. I tried. If I failed and you didn’t see the humor in it, I offer my apologies. I hope you enjoyed the rest of the show.
Let’s give it up to the man, Zombie Yeti, for an amazing year of beautiful work we all get to enjoy, and to ALL the winners and nominees!
Man, I love pinball!!!
Cheers,
Christopher Franchi

It definitely threw a wrench into things that’s for sure! I thought it was funny even if I didn’t understand the joke.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside