DSC06305 (resized).JPG
DSC06298 (resized).JPG
DSC06287 (resized).JPG
DSC06309 (resized).JPG
DSC06292 (resized).JPG
DSC06289 (resized).JPG
pp000084 (resized).jpg
D1BE190D-58CA-4098-A23B-04DC22231E62.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DS_Nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 5 years ago

Why this no work?!

above (resized).jpgabove (resized).jpg

This is rigged!!!

Edit: Joking of course.

I appreciate that you're not forced to vote in every category.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Good question. The TWIPY Committee discussed and looked at which categories MBr should be eligible, based on which categories it differed enough from the original. For example, the Light Show and Display/Animations are significantly different from the original MB, but the Rules/Artwork/Layout etc are not much different. The Committee then held a vote to decide which categories it would be eligible for.

I think MBr should be handled as a full game.

Just because IF MBr would win the "best toys" 2018 category that would be a big statement.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Love the game but curious by this? CGC Techically didn't create/design/code this game engineers 20 years ago did. I Do applaud the awesome work CGC did but hard to say they created a new game. As for best toys, the made a topper and used an available lightning disk. Again, not sure that would be a best toys innovation though it could fit in the best Mod category in my opinion. Please, no hate this is an Awesome game just hard to judge a facsimile to some of the very creative new work the talent of today have created.

It doesn't matter who designed it, it is the "best toy" category.

And MB, a 20 year old game, has way more toys then any Stern and a vote would show the appreciation for that.

(On a side note it being disqualified makes JJPs Pirates the only real contender in my opinion.
Alice Cooper seems great also but we haven't seen so little yet I don't know it will Show up anywhere.
And when code is propably there next year and people know the game it can't compete again. )

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What toys does MB have? I see two bash toys, one moves on a track.

Ow, come on. - This one at least has a REAL molded Sacopharcus that opens (with a Mummy in it), not like Maiden Premium/ LE and a whole lot of stuff more wich may not affect the gameplay but is satisfying non the less. It has an animated toy reward for nearly every mode.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wow. If all that counts, stern games are packed too. Haha

Someone hacked into your account?

I don't remember you trolling so hard.

Don't get me wrong of all the games this year I'd prefer Maiden Pro more then anything.
But it ist just as barebone as it get's toy/ mechwise. It has one target in the back.

An opening Sacopharcus, Standing up Frankenstein and way lot more of stuff may not add anything for you but sure add to athmosphere (and cost).

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not a troll at all. I don’t consider it a toy if it doesn’t effect gameplay. Hence my vote was P3. The cosmic cart racing mech might be the best mech I’ve ever seen.

That is fair but look at MM, the 'rumbling' castle mech adds nothing gameplaywise but still lifts the game to a whole different level for the most people.
Additionally a toy doesn't neccesarily have to add anything gameplaywise, because... it's a toy! - It's purpose is to be fun.

Cosmic Cart may be great but most people just never lay hand on it.
Was it ever in europe?

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The ball goes into the castle and gives the illusion that the castle blew up from the ball. That’s a toy all day.
Those other items I’d put into the theme integration more than anything. Was that a category? I can’t remember.

You shoot Frankenstein to make it alive and when you make it it it stands up and moves. - So where's the difference to the castle?

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Zero difference. That’s why I consider both a toy. Haha

Troll, troll, troll!

I'll let this one slip. Like your Videos.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m going to chalk it up to English not being your native language (assumption). Haha. I think MB has two major toys that affect gameplay (frank and Dracula). My original comment on MB toys spoke to both of these.

Yeah just forgot that. But the Sacoparcus opening when you made the shot is not that different, so...
But yeah, it's ok.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Here’s to an interesting TWIPY’s. My votes were all over the place.

Same here.

I think last years voting was much more predictable then this years.

It's just a Little bit sad there are aso many titles to vote for most of us never had yet chances to lay hand on.
(Looking at Cosmic Cart, ACNC, The Mafia...)

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

It'll be interesting, but my guess is Iron Maiden will win GotY. I think Pirates released too late and not enough people have played the finalized version for it to pull in enough numbers. Whereas Iron Maiden has really gotten out there and a lot of people have talked it up for months.

That's definately my vote but please discuss this with ZMeny next time when you're on air. That Hobbit argument was hilarious.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

So (promise not trolling you lol) Since the Designer of the toys you Love on MB is Actually an employee of Stern should the award go to Stern then? Seems like Lyman had a Bit to do with MB last I checked? Again, thats the only reason I feel the CGC machines are difficult to compare or complete. Just an opinion.
A joke... Technically Great American Pinball remade Twilight Zone this year. Should he be a candidate for best toys also? TZ is Loaded with toys and as it doesn't matter that he engineered or created them should not matter no?

Good point.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Why doesn’t Tokyo Drift make your list? Original design, original playfield, custom boards, new rules and announced in Nov and done but for changes. Seems to be the perfect candidate and there was a thread that showed the final game. What’s a home brew have to do to get some respect around here? (is a consideration tax/fee needed to grease some palms?)

Noone played this one yet and it's official Distribution release is 2019.

If we would be able to vote for this, we should have been able to vote for Houdini last year and Batman66, wich was in the Twippys last year not at all.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

But home brew pins don't always appear in public nor do they usually get produced, so none of those criteria should be required. They produced a sample game in 2018 and it was announced before Dec, the deadline. Agreed, if production starts this year it would be eligible for 2019 pinball machine categories, but this is for home brew in 2018.
Life moves pretty fast around here ... but building pinballs marches forward slowly. As far as anyone knows, Tokyo Drift won't be made to allow another game to be made first. Or the manufacturer could run into liquidity problems or even decide to exit the business. If any of those happened, it would definitely be considered a one off aka home brew.
The fact it was a manufacturer who showed us the game (rather than a lone individual) and they announced they would be making them next, technically makes this a sample of an upcoming game from an existing manufacturer. Having only produced 25 pin over four years, they would be considered a boutique manufacturer at best, maybe more of a professional hobbyist . So whether sample games from a manufacturer can be considered for the home brew category is debatable. Stern could shows us their games early (like they already do before code is 1.0), but if they then delayed manufacturing for another year, would that qualify as a home brew until that time? No, I don't think so either.
Guess it could be the flip of a coin (preceded by the greasing of the palms and the deposit of oil tracks) that ultimately determines Tokyo Drift's fate. Of course, including it on one's subjective list of candidates is not like trying to add to a fixed list of answers for prime categories.

Are you having an argument with yourself?

Either way, this one came so late this year it doesn't make any sense to include it anywhere because nearly noone had any chance to play it yet and make up their mind.

1 week later
#76 5 years ago

While most of us vote for TWIP for best Website, don't forget Pinball News...

...wich had an in depth analysis of Munsters on their side the next day pointing things noone found before (like more differences on the Pro vs. Premium/ LE playfield besides just the lower playfield).

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Also don’t forget about the website we are all on right now, discussing the TWIPYs!

I heard people mentioning that.

2 months later
#120 5 years ago

That sole guy booing the whole time when K was shown is a fool, not noticing he is just ruining the good mood for everybody else.

Good job! Please hands up so I can put you on ignore.

Edit: That said K should have used the chance to apologize to Tim Saxton in front of everybody instead on making a snarky joke on the Stern-Team. At least I personally would have liked that.

Edit 2: Thankfully Hollywoodbone kinda naturally saved the situation booing at the TWIP podcast, altough the other guy didn't get the hint.

#132 5 years ago
Quoted from Joeplainfield:

Thought it went really well. Some great presenters and some exceptional intros to the awards. Got to see someone smash a trophy but still Kaneda is the talk. Shows how polarizing he is.

Didn't he smash a stool? (Stream just broke down when he did.)

Kaneda isn't the talk, the *person* booing all over is. And despite ruining the show for the others, he doesn't even realize that he helps K's infamous reputation with that.

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I was hoping Robin was presenting best pinball podcast.

I'd pay money to see that.

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I thought the snarky joke was aimed at JJP and their lackluster presentation from yesterday. 200 at 12.5k each.

The other one.

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Kind of interesting that the back to back twipy award winning pinball podcaster is banned from the award wining pinball website

100% OT: "Danville"? Like Phineas & Ferb Danville?!

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from Joeplainfield:

Pretty sure it was a trophy, was out of screen though

Zach said something about they have no budget for him smashing something (so this was scripted of course) so I thought he smashed something around him that was intentionally placed there?

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

it did feel like it was DP vs IMDN vs POTC for every category....assuming they removed the other options since they didn't get enough votes? That's understandable but it made it seem like only 3 games were ever in contention and they were always the same/

You dpnt need to assume, its like they said at the beginning they show the 3 contestants with the most votes. Like last year.And everyone that voted know all games were in.

#158 5 years ago

I liked the show, meny thanks for zach.

Only thing i'd change:
I'd disqualify music pins for 'best music'.

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Eric from JJP? How was he a party pooper? Missed the show (but at TPF)

He wasn't very talkative and didn't see m too happy getting his awards (4 of em I think?).

Of course we don't know the reason (could be anything, maybe something completely minor, maybe he just needed a nap) but the community decided he is kind of pissed, because they're allready halting PotC production.

Then again the only guy that wanted to hold an acceptance speech was K and he was kinda forced to cut it short... XD

For next year I'd wish for the nominees to be a bit more prepared.

#194 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Since these are open voting, then TWIPYS are a "people's choice" and will go with the best selling games that the most people have played. That makes it a 2 or 3 horse race. It is what it is.

Not quite.

Just remember TNA last year or JJP in general getting a whole lot of recognition despite selling way less games then Stern.

But of course with games that really nearly noone played or even seen good footage of that last year, like Alice Cooper, noone is likely to vote for.

#201 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

He was showing that exact same body language and attitude once before.
When the investor pulled the plug on chest and 3ring setup and Eric had to make the announcement alone while Jack was on business travels in Australia.
They threw him under the bus.
And now history repeats, in a sense, but this time in public at one of the biggest events and none at JJP were seemingly able to reel him in.
On the one hand I love that he 'cannot be bought' and that he is sooo full of passion for what he does, on the other hand I want him to stay at JJP and am concerned.
Hence another thing is true as well. Most billionaires don't put up with BS, either.
Btw, POTCCE owner here, I love his work, want him to stay and cannot wait for his GNR.

Well, remeber what he said when getting the "toys" award.

About (from memory): "I really (?) tried to throw everything in there I could."

That actually was a bit sad, poor guy.

#203 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Is this guy somehow supposed to be impervious to business decisions?

Supposedly he is human.

#238 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

He smashed Zombie Yetis Twipy award.
Then he picked it up and tossed it.
Strange moment live.

He smashed it right after fumbling with it in his backpocket... *hint* *hint*

#276 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The guy is a brilliant artist but a terrible comedian. We have all had moments like this in life so im willing to give him a pass this time.

Srsly? I saw that coming from Miles away. - Typed that "I HATE YOU!!!" in the chat before he yelled it.

#280 5 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Kaneda!! Really?? He’s such a massive dick! Sadly the legion of fan bois were happy to throw their support behind him... I did like his speech though. I’ve tried listening to him a few times but but it’s just unbearable.
Slam Tilt, Pinball Profile and Head to Head in no particular order are miles ahead of Kaneda.

You are allowed to dislike him but be classy and keep inside information about other peoples genitals to yourself please.

#297 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Franchi’s stunt wasn’t needed and wasn’t funny, it was just bizarre.
The booing was silly and also not needed.

That also applies for humanity itself, so?

#300 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Nobody considering the possibility that the booing guy was a plant? With the whole confrontation afterwords being planned too? Seems like a Kaneda thing to do.

Oh my...

#306 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

...while tired appreciated the acknowledgment of their hard work.

In the old days there would have been free cocaine on companys cost to prevent that!

#407 5 years ago
241 (resized).jpg241 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#433 5 years ago

Why isn't there percentages for the non-pinball categories?

#435 5 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

When I read this I have this terrible mental image of the last TWIPY committee dead around a conference table. The secrets they knew died with them!

Confess it! You'd be happy to see Zach a little bit dead.

#439 5 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

Nah, I want Zach to live. Live and learn the true meaning of pinball!

You discussion about The Hobbit will allways be in my heart as the best moment in pinball podcasting EVER.

(There are only two games I started and didn't want to finish yet. Gottlieb Super Mario -wich was on infinite Balls I guessed after Ball 8 and left- and The Hobbit.)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 38.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DS_Nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-twipy-pinball-awards-a-celebration-of-the-hobby-coming-soon?tu=DS_Nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.