DSC06305 (resized).JPG
DSC06298 (resized).JPG
DSC06287 (resized).JPG
DSC06309 (resized).JPG
DSC06292 (resized).JPG
DSC06289 (resized).JPG
pp000084 (resized).jpg
D1BE190D-58CA-4098-A23B-04DC22231E62.gif

There are 440 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.
#301 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Nobody considering the possibility that the booing guy was a plant? With the whole confrontation afterwords being planned too? Seems like a Kaneda thing to do.

I heard it was Andrew Heighway too!

#302 4 years ago

Holy crap guys!! CJ Smith spelled backwards IS Kaneda!!! I can’t believe I didn’t see it before?!!!

#303 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

No I have not. I'd assume that's a normal thing for a decent human adult, to not get drunk and make a fool of yourself.

I’m in big trouble then LOL!

Neil

#304 4 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Thank you to every one who watched! We were truly happy with how every thing turned out. We had super small budget to work with and we all made it work. We knew we didn’t want just a seminar, it had to feel like an awards show and I feel it was achieved. With that I Have to thank all the people who volunteered to help run the show. Richard and Howard for running cameras, William Oetting for running all the videos, Joel Reeves for DJing the music as people walk up to accept, David Tiel for the awesome music that was used, Cary Hardy for helping set up, Ryan White for helping set up lights, Nicole Meny, Priscilla and Jason for getting the red carpet down, Jeff for all the work put it together and working like crazy back stage,and most importantly Zach for the countless hours and days spent on the videos! That’s what truly made the production. Also thank you to to all the presenters for taking time out of there night to help make this such a great evening as well as Marco Specialities and Flip N Out for sponsoring the show! I know there are more people so I’m sorry if I missed you! This list is not even including the TWIPY Committee Jeff formed but I’ll leave those to Jeff.
We knew things weren’t going to be perfect and went into this as a learning experience and we did just that! This show will most certainly get better and more polished! Thanks again for every one who attended and watched from home. One last note. The guy booing was most certainly a dick and really was disrespectful to the show and all the people I mentioned.

TBH I was really expecting a cringey trainwreck but damn, you guys really pulled it off! The nomination videos and voiceover work was outstanding and having guest presenters worked really well. The best part was the pacing, you really did a good job keeping the show flowing. Having (most) people dress up was a nice touch and the sound was great on the stream. I'm sure you guys have a lot of ideas on what to improve and I can't wait to see what you come up with next year.

#305 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

wow, never was a fan of Franchi's behaviour on various previous podcasts, but man he is a sore loser
Zombi Yeti is a much better person and artist, hats off to you ZY

Come on Swinks you can’t be serious? If you ever met Franchi you would know he is a down right cool and awsome guy. This was Purposely staged for Fun and the fact that Franchi was cool enough to play along was priceless. They were attempting to have a Hollywood (or Pinside) type drama to add flare. Yes as Zach said it went off his script as a few missed their cue but to think Franchi is Anything less then awesome for playing along is sad. I appreciated Ever little detail Zach and Greg (and team) made to make this a truly special event. Also, if Anyone thinks the recipients did not value and appreciate this recognition you completely missed your mark. We seen Stern doing a full blown photo shoot in their booth of the TWIPY lineup completely Stoked and my favorite seeing Arrghhhh Eric walking around the hall with TWIPY’s in all pockets Proudly showing theme to everyone. Awesome guy and team that while tired appreciated the acknowledgment of their hard work.

#306 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

...while tired appreciated the acknowledgment of their hard work.

In the old days there would have been free cocaine on companys cost to prevent that!

#307 4 years ago

Thank you to every one who watched! We were truly happy with how every thing turned out. We had super small budget to work with and we all made it work. We knew we didn’t want just a seminar, it had to feel like an awards show and I feel it was achieved. With that I Have to thank all the people who volunteered to help run the show. Richard and Howard for running cameras, William Oetting for running all the videos, Joel Reeves for DJing the music as people walk up to accept, David Tiel for the awesome music that was used, Cary Hardy for helping set up, Ryan White for helping set up lights, Nicole Meny, Priscilla and Jason for getting the red carpet down, Jeff for all the work put it together and working like crazy back stage,and most importantly Zach for the countless hours and days spent on the videos! That’s what truly made the production. Also thank you to to all the presenters for taking time out of there night to help make this such a great evening as well as Marco Specialities and Flip N Out for sponsoring the show! I know there are more people so I’m sorry if I missed you! This list is not even including the TWIPY Committee Jeff formed but I’ll leave those to Jeff.
We knew things weren’t going to be perfect and went into this as a learning experience and we did just that! This show will most certainly get better and more polished! Thanks again for every one who attended and watched from home. One last note. The guy booing was most certainly a dick and really was disrespectful to the show and all the people I mentioned.

You guys certainly exceeded expectations! Roping in the celebrities was a great coup as well! You both did a great job carrying the event as hosts.

#308 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Nobody considering the possibility that the booing guy was a plant? With the whole confrontation afterwords being planned too? Seems like a Kaneda thing to do.

The conversation with the police officer was no plant from what I saw Cop was really ready to intervene and it was clearly not a comfortable situation. Nor was the 'white knight' who jumped up to try to confront the heckler who I thought was gonna explode (prior to the cop making his way over there).

#309 4 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

I think it was awesome that they got John Rhys-Davies to present an award and do a few callouts from LOTR. Huge surprise for the audience, and was one of the best moments of the night. He seemed bewildered but also really amused that a room full of pinball fans would get such a kick out of him saying "Jackpot ONE!"

Funny story about that. For John and Butch Patrick, I wrote out exactly what they needed to say up there (all other presenters just did whatever they wanted). So I wrote out what he needed to say to introduce the nominees and present the award. (You can see when he is presenting there are yellow post it notes on the back of his envelope.) At the top I had written "Jackpot One!! Jackpot Two!!". As I'm talking him through how it would work when he's on stage, he asks what "Jackpot One" and "Jackpot Two" mean. I told him he may not remember, but they are some very famous callouts he did in LOTR, and that it is optional but if he says the callouts while he's up there, people will go crazy.

I then explained to him he didn't just "say" Jackpot One, but to do it right needed to yell JACKPOT ONNNEEEE!!! JACKPOT TWWWWOOOOOO!!!! - literally doing my best Gimli callout impression to him in the hallway of the Embassy Suites.

Backstage when the video rolled for the game nominees and people went nuts for games like Iron Maiden and POTC, I looked at him and he had this look of surprise/wonder. I told him we may be kind of nerdy but we are passionate! Haha.

He totally nailed it up there, definitely one of my favorite moments of the show.

#310 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I’m in big trouble then LOL!
Neil

Of course you like Kaneda, he named a whole podcast after how boring you are (He did delete it though). Kudos to you to having a sense of humor about it (and I didn't think you were boring on head 2 head by the way).

Not a Kaneda fan at all, but put me on the side of thinking that the booing was classless and needlessly disruptive (although, probably just and example of someone being drunk and making a fool out of himself).

The Franchi bit was fine too -- come on people. It's even more hilarious that there were actually people who fell for it.

#311 4 years ago

An immensely humbling experience.
Thank you all for the kind words this weekend. My show isn’t a show without people watching. ❤️

Huge shout out to chuckwurt KevInBuffalo rudysoup Buffalo Pinball, SDTM for all your hard work in streaming as well! I was looking for KevInBuffalo at TPF to wish them luck but it was reaaaal easy to miss people on the floor. Haha

444D0D7B-062C-45ED-8EBC-DCB74155E1C8 (resized).jpeg444D0D7B-062C-45ED-8EBC-DCB74155E1C8 (resized).jpeg8B94E705-7853-4035-8708-F7A48DA9A8F4 (resized).jpeg8B94E705-7853-4035-8708-F7A48DA9A8F4 (resized).jpegCBDC9138-9141-409E-9BA5-9E755D342BA8 (resized).jpegCBDC9138-9141-409E-9BA5-9E755D342BA8 (resized).jpegF638E7A6-A125-48D4-BF6C-9D46DE6DE081 (resized).jpegF638E7A6-A125-48D4-BF6C-9D46DE6DE081 (resized).jpeg
#312 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So who was the jackass that was booing?

If I ever see the person that was booing K I'll by them a beer.

#313 4 years ago

Great job by everyone involved. Had a blast streaming this live with a pinball friend. Can't recall being this invested in an awards show since I watched Metallica lose a metal grammy to Jethro Tull.

Prerecorded nominee videos are easily the best part of the production. Award show lady voiceover and everything! One small bit of constructive criticism regarding those, some were way too long. No need for a clip montage of every streamer or podcaster in (what I consider to be) minor categories, while Game of the Year gets a simple reading of the titles.

#314 4 years ago

Hey ballers, this is Christopher Franchi.

I wanted to take a minute to make sure we were all clear on the events that’s transpired during The Twipys event.

First off, much love and admiration to Zach, Greg and Jeff for a perfectly exectuted, professional show. It was very impressive and I was proud to be a part of it.

So, as far as the “trophy stomp” gag goes, here’s the story.

About a month ago, Zach and I were talking and I thought maybe it’d be a good idea to pull off a little stunt just to spark the audience a bit. Award shows can get a bit dry with the repetition of nominees, winner speech, nominees, winner speech.

So I called up Jeremy (Mr Zombie Yeti) and asked if he was going to Texas. He said no. So I asked if I could accept his award on his behalf. He said “I won??” Well, no one knows the results yet, but c’mon. It was the year of the Yeti. You’re a shoe-in and totally deserve it. I told him about my idea to play a little prank and he loved it. So a plan was set in place.

Jump forward to the night of the awards. Oops, no one told Mike Vinacor, who was accepting all of the Stern awards, that I was to accept on Jeremy’s behalf, so he just bolted up there.

Quick change of script!!

I walked up there, slowly crept up on Mike, hoping he’d stop and ask me what I wanted. Well, he finished his speech. I then quickly grabbed the trophy and started a modified version of the acceptance speech that was planned. To explain the love and admiration we artists have for each other, and that there is no jealousy or dislike between us, but rather a brotherhood. Then I broke down with a moment of silence, started to cry and placed the trophy (stunt trophy, not Jeremy’s actual award) on an angle across the edge of the podium base, and stomped on it, snapping it in half. I picked up the remaining parts and threw them, looked at the crowd and yelled I HATE YOU!! and ran off.

Well, no one told Mike so he was standing on that stage mortified and thought I flipped a nut, which only added the the realism of the joke, for better or worse.

As you can see in Stern photos for that night, the actual trophy was given to Mike after the show and all was well. We smashed a stunt trophy that was secured far in advance.

So some of you got it and enjoyed it, which I’m glad. It was designed to just lighten the mood and give people a laugh, however, my acting skills must be at a higher level than I thought and Mike’s actual horror over what just happened made many think it was real.

To those who didn’t appreciate it, just know that Jeremy gave me his blessing and of course no disrespect was intended. I’m very excited and proud for Jeremy’s well deserved win.

To those who said I’m not a comedian, you’re correct. I tried. If I failed and you didn’t see the humor in it, I offer my apologies. I hope you enjoyed the rest of the show.

Let’s give it up to the man, Zombie Yeti, for an amazing year of beautiful work we all get to enjoy, and to ALL the winners and nominees!

Man, I love pinball!!!

Cheers,
Christopher Franchi

#315 4 years ago

Chris, you did fine! It might have been harder to follow the action on stream since the stomping was off camera, but anyone paying full attention knew exactly what was going on (or at least I did). Thanks for livening up the festivities.

#316 4 years ago
Quoted from Metaluna5:

I wanted to take a minute to make sure we were all clear on the events that’s transpired during The Twipys event.
First off, much love and admiration to Zach, Greg and Jeff for a perfectly exectuted, professional show. It was very impressive and I was proud to be a part of it.
About a month ago, Zach and I were talking and I thought maybe it’d be a good idea to pull off a little stunt just to spark the audience a bit. Award shows can get a bit dry with the repetition of nominees, winner speech, nominees, winner speech.
So I called up Jeremy (Mr Zombie Yeti) and asked if he was going to Texas. He said no. So I asked if I could accept his award on his behalf. He said “I won??” Well, no one knows the results yet, but c’mon. It was the year of the Yeti. You’re a shoe-in and totally deserve it. I told him about my idea to play s little prank and he loved it. So a plan was set in place.
Jump forward to the night of the awards. Oops, no one told Mike Vinacor, who was accepting all of the Stern awards, that I was to accept on Jeremy’s behalf, so he just bolted up there.
Quick change of script!!
I walked up there, slowly crept up on Mike, hoping he’d stop and ask me what I wanted. Well, he finished his speech. I then quickly grabbed the trophy and started a modified version of the acceptance speech that was planned. To explain the love and admiration we artists have for each other, and that there is no jealousy or dislike between us, but rather a brotherhood. Then I broke down with a moment of silence, started to cry and placed the trophy (stunt trophy, not Jeremy’s actual award) on an angle across the edge of the podium base, and stomped on it, snapping it in half. I picked up the remaining parts and threw them, looked at the crowd and yelled I HATE YOU!! and ran off.
Well, no one told Mike so he was standing on that stage mortified and thought I flipped a nut, which only added the the realism of the joke, for better or worse.
As you can see in Stern photos for that night, the actual trophy was given to Mike after the show and all was well. We smashed a stunt trophy that was secured far in advance.
So some of you got it and enjoyed it, which I’m glad. It was designed to just lighten the mood and give people a laugh, however, my acting skills must be at a higher level than I thought and Mike’s actual horror over what just happened made many think it was real.
To those who didn’t appreciate it, just know that Jeremy gave me his blessing and of course no disrespect was intended. I’m very excited and proud for Jeremy’s well deserved win.
To those who said I’m not a comedian, you’re correct. I tried. If I failed and you didn’t see the humor in it, I offer my apologies. I hope you enjoyed the rest of the show.
Let’s give it up to the man, Zombie Yeti, for an amazing year of beautiful work we all get to enjoy, and to ALL the winners and nominees!
Man, I love pinball!!!
Cheers,
Christopher Franchi

Wow very well said Chris!

#317 4 years ago
Quoted from Metaluna5:

So I called up Jeremy (Mr Zombie Yeti) and asked if he was going to Texas. He said no. So I asked if I could accept his award on his behalf. He said “I won??” Well, no one knows the results yet, but c’mon. It was the year of the Yeti. You’re a shoe-in and totally deserve it. I told him about my idea to play a little prank and he loved it. So a plan was set in place.
Quick change of script!!
Man, I love pinball!!!
Cheers,
Christopher Franchi

It definitely threw a wrench into things that’s for sure! I thought it was funny even if I didn’t understand the joke.

#318 4 years ago

How anyone could have thought that was real and you were really upset is beyond me. I found it to be hilarious.

#319 4 years ago

Chris, I thought it was entertaining for what it's worth. Good job man, I'm sure that you'll get a Twipy some day of your own.

#320 4 years ago

Hey it's the booer here.

I'd like to set the record straight on what happened at the TWIPYs. For some background, I'm not a Kaneda listener, so I don't particularly care about his podcast antics (although I do think it's suspect that its heralded by so many, despite being a constant source of misinformation), but my anger toward Chris has to do with everything around his actions at last years NYCPC, which were thoroughly documented here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-strongly-worded-message-for-kaneda

There's still never been any apologies to the women who's final round he disrupted, nor an unconditional apology to the other 125 players, organizers and guests in the NYCPC, and it actually took this incident at the TWIPYs for him to finally apologize directly to Tim, this many months later, for the physical abuse he inflicted.

I haven't seen Chris since NYCPC. He doesn't play pinball in NYC at all, so this was my first opportunity to say something, and the TWIPYs seemed like an absolutely appropriate venue, one where he was literally being given an award for a podcast in which I've heard he talked constantly about what happened at the NYCPC.

The only person meant to be disrespected was Kaneda, and when he barged out of the venue to confront me after receiving his award, he got in my face, nose-to-nose, and told me I needed to "show him some respect", I just got to laugh in his face some more.

So that's what's happened. The event was great. Jonathan Rhys Davis was awesome.

And I wasn't drunk.

#321 4 years ago
Quoted from MonsieurCS:

Hey it's the booer here.

And you are righteous enough to come here, gloat and not apologize to those who attended nor organized the Twippy awards.
You are better in what respect?

#322 4 years ago

I want to add to this that the irony of Kaneda being upset didn't escape me, either, to be fair.
He witnessed someone making as absolute ass out if himself, in the end somewhat spoiling everyone's experience. Pretty much what he did himself in NYC at that tourney.

#323 4 years ago
Quoted from MonsieurCS:

And I wasn't drunk.

No, just too much boos in you and they had to come out.
Next time drop a couple and let it go so everyone else can enjoy the show.

#324 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

I then explained to him he didn't just "say" Jackpot One, but to do it right needed to yell JACKPOT ONNNEEEE!!! JACKPOT TWWWWOOOOOO!!!! - literally doing my best Gimli callout impression to him in the hallway of the Embassy Suites.

That is an awesome behind-the-scenes story, and I only wish there was video of you doing the Gimli callouts for Gimli himself! He did a great job and you did a great job prepping him and keeping it a surprise. I'm so glad he had a chance to see the passion of the pinball community.

#325 4 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

And you are righteous enough to come here, gloat and not apologize to those who attended nor organized the Twippy awards.
You are better in what respect?

Agreed that the aggressive booing was rude to those who spent so much time putting the show together and just gave Kanada the kind of attention he so desperately craves. But to be fair after MonsieurCS caused his disruption he didn't throw a drink in someone's face or assault anyone while being escorted out of the room. Oh, and as far as we know he didn't create multiple accounts on Pinside for trolling purposes. So can we agree that he's better in those specific respects?

#326 4 years ago

I got the stomp joke right off and laughed out loud. You guys did great selling it!

Also way way too much booing of K. I am not a fan of Kanada but when someone wins a people's choice award you should respect the acceptance speech to at least show respect for the show and the awards. Kudos to Kanada for at least having the nads to confront you - I would have chalked it up to a rude idiot.

#327 4 years ago

I tuned in via twitch.. the nominee videos were outstanding, it was awesome that there was some celebrity and pin-celebrity presenters.. really great job by everyone involved.. this only makes the hobby bigger and better.

#328 4 years ago
Quoted from Metaluna5:

Quick change of script!!
Man, I love pinball!!!
Cheers,
Christopher Franchi

I got the joke and was one of the ones in the audience cracking up. As soon as we got home I re watched that part on the stream and its hilarious. I don't think the issue is that it was acted bad. I thought you acted great. I think its because half the people in the audience do not listen to podcasts or follow other pinball media so they only know you as the artist of these pins and not as a hilarious personality that I personally look forward to on such podcasts. Great job as always and great job to the organizers who put this show on. The Twipys will be one of the best memories of TPF 2019 for me.

#329 4 years ago

Two wrongs don’t make a right

#330 4 years ago

For the sake of clarification, Chris and I are friends. He had asked me if he could accept in light of me not attending, I said 'knock yourself out'.
Chris didn't do anything but try to add some excitement to the proceeding - no ill intent - only trying to entertain!

And thanks for the kind words, Chris! It's all you next year - Munsters is a knock out!

And sincere thanks to all who support everyone in this tiny industry. Greatly appreciate all the player recognition for little indie projects like Keith Elwin's Iron Maiden ... Now maybe Keith will have the drive to keep making games!

-Z'yeti™

Quoted from Metaluna5:

Quick change of script!!
Man, I love pinball!!!
Cheers,
Christopher Franchi

#331 4 years ago
Quoted from MonsieurCS:

Hey it's the booer here.
I'd like to set the record straight on what happened at the TWIPYs. For some background, I'm not a Kaneda listener, so I don't particularly care about his podcast antics (although I do think it's suspect that its heralded by so many, despite being a constant source of misinformation), but my anger toward Chris has to do with everything around his actions at last years NYCPC, which were thoroughly documented here:
There's still never been any apologies to the women who's final round he disrupted, nor an unconditional apology to the other 125 players, organizers and guests in the NYCPC, and it actually took this incident at the TWIPYs for him to finally apologize directly to Tim, this many months later, for the physical abuse he inflicted.
I haven't seen Chris since NYCPC. He doesn't play pinball in NYC at all, so this was my first opportunity to say something, and the TWIPYs seemed like an absolutely appropriate venue, one where he was literally being given an award for a podcast in which I've heard he talked constantly about what happened at the NYCPC.
The only person meant to be disrespected was Kaneda, and when he barged out of the venue to confront me after receiving his award, he got in my face, nose-to-nose, and told me I needed to "show him some respect", I just got to laugh in his face some more.
So that's what's happened. The event was great. Jonathan Rhys Davis was awesome.
And I wasn't drunk.

So Kaneda acts like a total asshole and disrupts an event that people have spent hundreds of hours working on for the pinball community.

And to get back at him, you act like an asshole and disrupt an event that people have spent hundreds of hours working on for the pinball community.

Got it, thanks for clearing that up.

#332 4 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Two wrongs don’t make a right

Strangely, that about sums it up.

#333 4 years ago
Quoted from zombyetilicious:

For the sake of clarification, Chris and I are friends. He had asked me if he could accept in light of me not attending, I said 'knock yourself out'.
Chris didn't do anything but try to add some excitement to the proceeding - no ill intent - only trying to entertain!
And thanks for the kind words, Chris! It's all you next year - Munsters is a knock out!
And sincere thanks to all who support everyone in this tiny industry. Greatly appreciate all the player recognition for little indie projects like Keith Elwin's Iron Maiden ... Now maybe Keith will have the drive to keep making games!
-Z'yeti™

Ha ha I think the problem was it was played to well and came off super serious! There were even some hotel employees that got nervous and worked up! I thought it was great and thank you Jeremy for being such a good sport and Congrats on two kick ass games this year!

#334 4 years ago

Franchi, your bit was classic and hilarious. (If that didn't get a roar of laughter, I'd hate to know what they think is funny). Your Kanye moment was the highlight

Booing guy, go fuck yourself. You're both assholes for different, yet shockingly similar, reasons.

#335 4 years ago
Quoted from MonsieurCS:

Hey it's the booer here.

I respectfully suggest this was not the right place time or method to try and get that grievance rectified.

It made the event awkward and uncomfortable for me and likely others. And this was after the rest of the event presented so well.

#336 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

So Kaneda acts like a total asshole and disrupts an event that people have spent hundreds of hours working on for the pinball community.
And to get back at him, you act like an asshole and disrupt an event that people have spent hundreds of hours working on on for the pinball community.
Got it, thanks for clearing that up.

Yes. If you really needed to confront Chris, why not do it outside a live event. You have shown no respect for others at this event and didn't even apologize? Shows your lack of character.

I so appreciated this event and the amount of work Zack and Greg did. I was very impressed.

#337 4 years ago

Ha ha I think the problem was it was played to well and came off super serious! There were even some hotel employees that got nervous and worked up! I thought it was great and thank you Jeremy for being such a good sport and Congrats on two kick ass games this year!

Could have gone over a lot better if you two let everyone in on the joke or played it off better. Your reaction was a mixture of shock and appal which made the show seem derailed. Otherwise, excellent job. The Kaneda thing wasn't that big a deal on the stream because the boos were pretty quiet and it was awesome seeing Kaneda squirm.

#338 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Could have gone over a lot better if you two let everyone in on the joke or played it off better. Your reaction was a mixture of shock and appal which made the show seem derailed. Otherwise, excellent job. The Kaneda thing wasn't that big a deal on the stream because the boos were pretty quiet and it was awesome seeing Kaneda squirm.

Ha ha wellllll we wanted to keep it a secret and we wanted to play it off as well after it happened! We just completely underestimated how serious people took it and with Chris yelling I hate you in such a goofy manner I thought it lightened it and people would understand! It was t till after the show we found out just how many people thought it was legit and not that funny! We do apologize for that! But hopefully looking back most can find the humor in it!

#339 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Ha ha wellllll we wanted to keep it a secret and we wanted to play it off as well after it happened! We just completely underestimated how serious people took it and with Chris yelling I hate you in such a goofy manner I thought it lightened it and people would understand! It was t till after the show we found out just how many people thought it was legit and not that funny! We do apologize for that! But hopefully looking back most can find the humor in it!

The thing that made me think for a second or two it was not staged was Mike Vinikour's reaction. Of course we know now he wasn't in on the joke, but it definitely added to it!!

#340 4 years ago
Quoted from zombyetilicious:

Chris! It's all you next year - Munsters is a knock out!

It's now only fair that when (not if) Chris wins next year, Zombie Yeti gets to accept on his behalf and smash his trophy. Gotta keep this blood feud going!

#341 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

The thing that made me think for a second or two it was not staged was Mike Vinikour's reaction. Of course we know now he wasn't in on the joke......

Mike not knowing just helped sell it as real, which made it better.

#342 4 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

It's now only fair that when (not if) Chris wins next year, Zombie Yeti gets to accept on his behalf and smash his trophy. Gotta keep this blood feud going!

I’m totally down for this if Jeremy is!! Haha! Great idea.

#343 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Mike not knowing just helped sell it as real, which made it better.

I honestly felt bad for Mike! He’s such a nice dude and he got pretty upset I think! I for sure owe the guy an apology for the mixup

#344 4 years ago

Shame this is just for fun. Having 'Game of the Year' or 'Award Winning' on any marketing flyer is always good for sales.

#345 4 years ago

First time at TPF and to all involved in the awards show...you knocked it out of the park, especially knowing this was done with non-existent finances and all volunteer labor. This will get bigger and better, and I am looking forward to next year.

I don't now Christopher Franchi well, but after just spending a few moments around him this weekend....I got the joke and appreciated the trophy gag. Laughed my ass off.

Yea, the booing was a bit of a downer, but I didn't let it ruin the experience. The festival was great, the awards show was epic, and we bought some mods, got some neat artwork, played some pinball, learned a few things, and got to see some good friends and shared a few drinks in the process. What else could you ask for? Let's not let a 2-minute episode dictate how we remember this show....let's remember it for the fun it was. Again, Kudos to the entire TWIPY team and to all of the presenters and winners!

#346 4 years ago

finally got around to watching the stream... great job guys. loved how professional everything looked. thanks also to Jeff for all the hard work week in and week out.

#347 4 years ago

I honestly felt bad for Mike! He’s such a nice dude and he got pretty upset I think! I for sure owe the guy an apology for the mixup

Lol!

#348 4 years ago
Quoted from MonsieurCS:

Hey it's the booer here.
And I wasn't drunk.

D1BE190D-58CA-4098-A23B-04DC22231E62.gifD1BE190D-58CA-4098-A23B-04DC22231E62.gif
#349 4 years ago

MonsieurCS

Can you at least change your pinside name from MonsieurCS to @CS-Booer at that point I can forgive and forget.

From the front it sounded like someone from the back was yelling BOOBS. That is where my mind is at most of the time so that explains the misconstruction!

frankmac

#350 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

monsieurcs

From the front it sounded like someone from the back was yelling BOOBS.

Lol, I would have upvoted in person.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
6,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Papillion, NE
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
There are 440 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-twipy-pinball-awards-a-celebration-of-the-hobby-coming-soon/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.