DSC06305 (resized).JPG
DSC06298 (resized).JPG
DSC06287 (resized).JPG
DSC06309 (resized).JPG
DSC06292 (resized).JPG
DSC06289 (resized).JPG
pp000084 (resized).jpg
D1BE190D-58CA-4098-A23B-04DC22231E62.gif
There are 440 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.
#52 5 years ago

Is it possible to change your vote during the voting period? I'm expecting to play several games that I haven't played yet, so if I vote now I might change my mind after playing these games. Or should I wait with voting until after playing these new games?

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:I would have liked to see an award for build quality.

i agree probably with a click of none of the above!

I'm hoping Deadpool wins game of the year. Iron Maiden is an epic game but the LE fail just took the shine off for me.

On the toys front then I think MBR should be included, per Nadine's comments, for many MBR will be the first they've seen or played the game.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

yeah and then there is the guys that wanted a list to include programming rewrites like Cactus Canyon etc.
With my thread I captured just rethemes and full custom builds that had a thread showing there development / journey. Apart from playfield design, there is so much work in the art, music, sounds, programming, dots / screen work so reckon it is a good fit on one thread and just helps people find a build thread alot quicker. The builds list if it is a re-theme or full custom so it covers the range I feel.

Why doesn’t Tokyo Drift make your list? Original design, original playfield, custom boards, new rules and announced in Nov and done but for changes. Seems to be the perfect candidate and there was a thread that showed the final game. What’s a home brew have to do to get some respect around here? (is a consideration tax/fee needed to grease some palms?)

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

SDTM best youtube show!

I with you on that. I voted SDTM as best you tube too. they make me laugh

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Why doesn’t Tokyo Drift make your list? Original design, original playfield, custom boards, new rules and announced in Nov and done but for changes. Seems to be the perfect candidate and there was a thread that showed the final game. What’s a home brew have to do to get some respect around here? (is a consideration tax/fee needed to grease some palms?)

Noone played this one yet and it's official Distribution release is 2019.

If we would be able to vote for this, we should have been able to vote for Houdini last year and Batman66, wich was in the Twippys last year not at all.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Is it possible to change your vote during the voting period? I'm expecting to play several games that I haven't played yet, so if I vote now I might change my mind after playing these games. Or should I wait with voting until after playing these new games?

I'd imagine anyone for whom this is a possibility should hold their vote until later.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Noone played this one yet and it's official Distribution release is 2019.
If we would be able to vote for this, we should have been able to vote for Houdini last year and Batman66, wich was in the Twippys last year not at all.

But home brew pins don't always appear in public nor do they usually get produced, so none of those criteria should be required. They produced a sample game in 2018 and it was announced before Dec, the deadline. Agreed, if production starts this year it would be eligible for 2019 pinball machine categories, but this is for home brew in 2018.

Life moves pretty fast around here ... but building pinballs marches forward slowly. As far as anyone knows, Tokyo Drift won't be made to allow another game to be made first. Or the manufacturer could run into liquidity problems or even decide to exit the business. If any of those happened, it would definitely be considered a one off aka home brew.

The fact it was a manufacturer who showed us the game (rather than a lone individual) and they announced they would be making them next, technically makes this a sample of an upcoming game from an existing manufacturer. Having only produced 25 pin over four years, they would be considered a boutique manufacturer at best, maybe more of a professional hobbyist . So whether sample games from a manufacturer can be considered for the home brew category is debatable. Stern could shows us their games early (like they already do before code is 1.0), but if they then delayed manufacturing for another year, would that qualify as a home brew until that time? No, I don't think so either.

Guess it could be the flip of a coin (preceded by the greasing of the palms and the deposit of oil tracks) that ultimately determines Tokyo Drift's fate. Of course, including it on one's subjective list of candidates is not like trying to add to a fixed list of answers for prime categories.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

But home brew pins don't always appear in public nor do they usually get produced, so none of those criteria should be required. They produced a sample game in 2018 and it was announced before Dec, the deadline. Agreed, if production starts this year it would be eligible for 2019 pinball machine categories, but this is for home brew in 2018.
Life moves pretty fast around here ... but building pinballs marches forward slowly. As far as anyone knows, Tokyo Drift won't be made to allow another game to be made first. Or the manufacturer could run into liquidity problems or even decide to exit the business. If any of those happened, it would definitely be considered a one off aka home brew.
The fact it was a manufacturer who showed us the game (rather than a lone individual) and they announced they would be making them next, technically makes this a sample of an upcoming game from an existing manufacturer. Having only produced 25 pin over four years, they would be considered a boutique manufacturer at best, maybe more of a professional hobbyist . So whether sample games from a manufacturer can be considered for the home brew category is debatable. Stern could shows us their games early (like they already do before code is 1.0), but if they then delayed manufacturing for another year, would that qualify as a home brew until that time? No, I don't think so either.
Guess it could be the flip of a coin (preceded by the greasing of the palms and the deposit of oil tracks) that ultimately determines Tokyo Drift's fate. Of course, including it on one's subjective list of candidates is not like trying to add to a fixed list of answers for prime categories.

Are you having an argument with yourself?

Either way, this one came so late this year it doesn't make any sense to include it anywhere because nearly noone had any chance to play it yet and make up their mind.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

I with you on that. I voted SDTM as best you tube too. they make me laugh

SDTM FTW!
TwippyBump

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

SDTM FTW!
TwippyBump

What other options are there?

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

What other options are there? Do we really want to inflate Zach’s ego even more?

Only option!
Do it for greg you know the sidekick

#63 5 years ago

I like what they did with Tokyo Drift and hats off to them but I think they fall into a manufacture category and not a homebrew at all as the opening thread is stating the cost to purchase. Up to Jeff why it isn't in the manufacture list.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tokyo-perfect-drift#post-4726869

The reason it isn't in the homebrew list thread that I maintain is that thread captures build logs as inspiration for others to build a game with only 2 games that went into a production status way down the line - Archer > Iron Maiden and TNA > TNA production. Since there opening post just states they are producing it doesn't fit a homebrew in my opinion for my thread. As for Jeff's Twipy vote, if you want to vote as a homebrew, nothing stopping you as there isn't a list of games to select from. My only small issue with the homebrew pole is that it is very open and don't recall it stating for the year of 2018 so people could vote for other games in as well. I just provided the list on page 1 with links to the builds to help people, that otherwise many would not even know what is out there, and what was made / completed in 2018.

#64 5 years ago

There really should be a category for best manufacturer support contact. Chas at Stern is great, Frank at JJP is great too, and Barry at AP has been a great asset. I don't know who I'd pick if there were a category, but there should be some recognition for their work.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't know who I'd pick if there were a category,

I'd pick me.

But that's just me.

LTG : )

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd pick me.
But that's just me.

How could I have overlooked the omnipresent Lloyd! Forgiveness is requested!

But they definitely should add a category for this. It's a big part of pinball, especially when you have an issue.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Forgiveness is requested!

No forgiveness needed. You're a great guy and I was just messing with you.

I'd prefer to be left out of such things. Just trying to make my little corner of pinball better.

#68 5 years ago

Really hoping Deadpool gets some consideration for art. I understand it will probably get docked GOTY votes because some cannot get over the lack of R-rated speech, or had issues with the sword ramp shot, but it has really great artwork that leaps right out of the comic books.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

Really hoping Deadpool gets some consideration for art. I understand it will probably get docked GOTY votes because some cannot get over the lack of R-rated speech, or had issues with the sword ramp shot, but it has really great artwork that leaps right out of the comic books.

It got my vote for best artwork.

#70 5 years ago

Got my vote in- looking forward to the live show.

#71 5 years ago

Deadpool got my vote for art - everything else pin related I went with JJPOTC

#72 5 years ago

Kind of a strong year, not being a comic book guy Deapoool would probably be near the bottom for me.

#74 5 years ago

Hey we're stickied, thanks Robin!

Nothing to do while waiting for the Munsters reveal?

Vote in the TWIPYs! https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twipy-2018-ballot/

1 week later
#75 5 years ago

SDTM best youtubers!!!
Okay theyre ugly but they're sure funny!

And have some great info!

#76 5 years ago

While most of us vote for TWIP for best Website, don't forget Pinball News...

...wich had an in depth analysis of Munsters on their side the next day pointing things noone found before (like more differences on the Pro vs. Premium/ LE playfield besides just the lower playfield).

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

While most of us vote for TWIP for best Website, don't forget Pinball News...
...wich had an in depth analysis of Munsters on their side the next day pointing things noone found before (like more differences on the Pro vs. Premium/ LE playfield besides just the lower playfield).

Also don’t forget about the website we are all on right now, discussing the TWIPYs!

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Also don’t forget about the website we are all on right now, discussing the TWIPYs!

I heard people mentioning that.

#79 5 years ago

I voted for my low tech fart streams

1 week later
#80 5 years ago

Don't forget to cast your vote in the TWIPY Pinball Awards! Voting ends next week!

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twipy-2018-ballot/

resizeimage (resized).jpgresizeimage (resized).jpg
1 week later
#81 5 years ago

LAST CHANCE to vote in the TWIPYs!! And some categories are super close (like within a dozen votes) - vote for your favorites:

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twipy-2018-ballot/

Voting closes tomorrow at midnight EST.

1 week later
#82 5 years ago

When do the TWIPY,s get announced? Love this part of pinball.
Grammys for nerds ha ha

#83 5 years ago

This year we're doing a LIVE awards show at the Texas Pinball Festival! It will be Saturday night of TPF (3/23), and will also be live streamed on Twitch (fingers crossed everything works). The TWIPY Committee just had a two hour meeting last Thursday to go through all the votes and throw out votes as necessary, this week we should have verification of the winners. Then order the trophies, etc.

We're working hard on getting things ready for the live show too - we may ask the community for some volunteer help with that as it is a big undertaking. But we're trying to make it a super fun show, which we're hoping it will be!

1 month later
#84 5 years ago

So trying to plan for TWIPY Party Saturday night. What time do they start? and which twitch feed?

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

So trying to plan for TWIPY Party Saturday night. What time do they start? and which twitch feed?

The plan is to start them at 8:00PM Central/9:00PM Eastern next Saturday (23rd), though it might end up being 8:15/9:15 depending on how quickly we can get things set up and ready to go.

It will be on the SDTM twitch feed (https://www.twitch.tv/sdtmpinball), assuming everything goes according to plan (knock on wood)!

We've got a red carpet and everything, should be a fun time

#86 5 years ago

Awesome cant wait to watch

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

The plan is to start them at 8:00PM Central/9:00PM Eastern next Saturday (23rd), though it might end up being 8:15/9:15 depending on how quickly we can get things set up and ready to go.
It will be on the SDTM twitch feed (https://www.twitch.tv/sdtmpinball), assuming everything goes according to plan (knock on wood)!
We've got a red carpet and everything, should be a fun time

Looking forward to watching stream. You’ve got a red carpet ..... I’ll bet that really ties the room together. Can we get some preshow commentary on what everyone is wearing - the good, bad and ugly?

#88 5 years ago

ONLY 3 DAYS until TWIPY Pinball Awards!

Live Show, Saturday Night, 8c/9e at the 2019 Texas Pinball Festival, watch it live right here: https://www.twitch.tv/sdtmpinball

The envelopes have been sealed! Don't miss it!

#twipys

IMG_0636 (resized).jpgIMG_0636 (resized).jpg
#89 5 years ago

Cards look great. How about a closeup of the coveted trophy?

#90 5 years ago

25 hours until the TWIPY Pinball Awards!

LIVE at the Texas Pinball Festival

8c/9e tomorrow!

https://www.twitch.tv/sdtmpinball

IMG_0654 (resized).jpgIMG_0654 (resized).jpg
#91 5 years ago

Finaly

#92 5 years ago

Today is the day - the TWIPY Pinball Awards LIVE from the Texas Pinball Festival! Don't miss it - 8c/9e!

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/the-twipy-pinball-awards-a-celebration-of-the-hobby/

#twipys

resizeimage (resized).jpgresizeimage (resized).jpg
#94 5 years ago

Need a Twipy for the worst seminar at TPF 2019.

#95 5 years ago

I'll be Blairally watching and drinking!

#97 5 years ago

No stream?

#98 5 years ago

10-15 min i heard

#99 5 years ago

5FED0122-07E9-4312-B5BE-B8ACEA257050 (resized).jpeg5FED0122-07E9-4312-B5BE-B8ACEA257050 (resized).jpeg

Big crowd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 300.00
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 440 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-twipy-pinball-awards-a-celebration-of-the-hobby-coming-soon/page/2?hl=speederice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.