(Topic ID: 256771)

The TWIPYS Full Results and Percentages

By pin2d

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

olympics game 2020 (resized).jpg
    zzbohmmarrazzo-080112wc5-036 (resized).jpg
    ryan (resized).jpg
    Bull Butter (resized).jpg
    1343947973404_4154910 (resized).png
    d95e13720a3af18f696db4843fcc105f2b64e4b4-2 (resized).jpg
    90814586_203419977613766_8331073773448986624_n (resized).jpg
    giphy.gif
    IMG_20200315_110356.jpg
    chance (resized).png
    71397787_391315805145655_4961062323553828864_n (resized).png
    IMG_3197 (resized).jpg
    svengoolie (resized).jpg
    71397787_391315805145655_4961062323553828864_n (1) (resized).png
    27em2y.gif
    ZRL5WIB (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #182 Topics and contenders for each award. Posted by pin2d (4 years ago)

Post #214 TWIPY awards video Posted by pin2d (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zmeny.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from ArcadeRaid:

I was excited to go vote only to see bizarre choices in some of the categories. The community pre-voting was an interesting idea but, for example, a great podcast like the Slap Save podcast doesn't even make the list? How is that even possible? I didn't even hear about this strange pre-voting and I'm guessing others didn't as well.
    When I saw what a mess the categories were and the lack of choices I just abandoned my ballot and walked away. I never bothered to submit it as the awards will be meaningless if the choices on the ballot aren't representative of the actual choices in real life.

Did you vote for Slap Save during pre-voting?

#46 4 years ago

“As for the show being done by a volunteer group... huh? If you're going to say this awards mean something then you need to do a better job.”

Thanks Dr. Frightener for continuing to reinforce that stellar reputation you have built. We try to do a good job and we are proud of the outcome.

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Several west coast shows were left out.
    Is this Twipy thing an east coast club?

Every coast was allowed to pre-vote. The TWIPY committee did not vote on who should be in the list. If west coast shows were left off, then they simply did not receive as many votes from the community.

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Thanks Zach! However I think you totally misunderstood what I was saying. If I was standing in front of you and we discussed this rather than talking over a forum you'd probably go oh I see what you're saying. In no way am I saying if people who donate their time are worthless unless they do something 110% correctly or the way I want it to be... no that isn't what I'm saying. But here is what I'm saying, it seems from listening to you, Kaneda, and others this awards means something. I think the award means something first and foremost to the people doing podcasts, please don't tell me you don't want to win it! LOL.
    Anyway the point I was making was or is that someone said its all volunteer and I'm saying that doesn't have anything to do with it. Just because its volunteer doesn't mean you don't try and do something better. I'm not saying anything bad I think its great they did all this free, awesome, but that doesn't change wanting to make the show better right? That doesn't change wanting the awards to mean more to the people who win them right? You want this to really be the oscars of pinball so companies will work harder to win them. I personally think its AWESOME these people work for free I'm not saying thats bad because its great! I just want to use the award to make pinball companies work harder and want to win them. If these awards mean something, in other words if as its been described the oscars of pinball, then lets get the categories right every year to represent and promote pinball for today and into the future. If awards and more specifically this award means you've accomplished something, that's a good thing if it makes ANY pinball company work harder the following year, push the limits to promote pinball. Correct?
    I'm not in anyway diminishing people's effort. A person, company, group whatever can and will go to extraordinary lengths to win an award. If that is the case everyone benefits because they did something that benefits all! Having categories that no one can honestly judge doesn't promote pinball! If you disagree explain!

There are probably 1000 plus places that have pinballs, hundreds who have leagues, and they're regional around the world. No way anyone can vote on that. That's like saying vote on the best Walmart location in America... how would I know do you honestly want me to visit ever Walmart to determine that? Someone just posted why isn't Gallop Ghost on the list. I visited that place pretty cool.

If you're saying you agreed, I didn't read that anywhere in your post. Your whole post started with something like I confuse you or something. So somehow I missed that point and I did read it. Again that is the problem with message boards.
    Sorry in advance if that is what you're saying.

List some ideas here so we can discuss how they would enhance and increase objectivity of the TWIPYs. We work diligently to improve upon them every year.

#77 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I just happened to luckily see it one Saturday morning while I was drinking coffee and then never saw it again. 1000 votes is really not that much for something like this. That is a very small percentage of folks who are in the hobby. I can say without a doubt you did not advertise the pre-vote well enough. It stayed buried in all the other topics. I will be completely honest, the twipys have had a slimy feeling to it since the beginning.

Ouch. That statement alone compromises all of the hard work by Lloyd Olsen, Steve Bowden, Joel Reeves, William Oetting, Jeff Patterson, Greg Bone, and myself. That’s one hell of a rational, thoughtful, and objective group that I will always back.

I’m a perceptive guy. Your use of the word ‘slimy’ is likely based on my, at times, loud and boisterous idea of entertainment. Albeit unwarranted, put that on me. Not on those guys.

We will continue working passionately on this project as we did last year, and as will do for years to come in the name of your enjoyment. There’s plenty of truly slimy things in the community/industry we should focus on. This isn’t one of them.

Always open to ideas and discussion. Thank you to all of the TWIPY supporters that are as excited as we are for TPF 2020!

#94 4 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

No Colorado Pinball Collective in the Best Twitch Stream Category?

Made me sad as well I love that stream

#96 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Zach, you never said. WHat happened with Deadflip being wiped from some categories even through he was top for write in voting (sounds like Youtube content was an example of where that happened)

Wait, who said he was top for write-in voting? Regarding voting, Jeff would be the best to ask, because Greg and I stay out of that as much as we can since we are potential category nominees.

#97 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Zach, you never said. WHat happened with Deadflip being wiped from some categories even through he was top for write in voting (sounds like Youtube content was an example of where that happened)

[email protected]

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zmeny.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-twipy-pinball-awards-a-celebration-of-the-hobby-coming-soon-1?tu=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.