(Topic ID: 256771)

The TWIPYS Full Results and Percentages

By pin2d

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

olympics game 2020 (resized).jpg
    zzbohmmarrazzo-080112wc5-036 (resized).jpg
    ryan (resized).jpg
    Bull Butter (resized).jpg
    1343947973404_4154910 (resized).png
    d95e13720a3af18f696db4843fcc105f2b64e4b4-2 (resized).jpg
    90814586_203419977613766_8331073773448986624_n (resized).jpg
    giphy.gif
    IMG_20200315_110356.jpg
    chance (resized).png
    71397787_391315805145655_4961062323553828864_n (resized).png
    IMG_3197 (resized).jpg
    svengoolie (resized).jpg
    71397787_391315805145655_4961062323553828864_n (1) (resized).png
    27em2y.gif
    ZRL5WIB (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #182 Topics and contenders for each award. Posted by pin2d (4 years ago)

Post #214 TWIPY awards video Posted by pin2d (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Some of these options to vote on are ridiculous. Who came up with this stuff?
    Favorite Pinball Location? Favorite Pinball League?
    The people who live in that city are voting for that cities league or location. Someone in St Louis isn't voting for a place in San Antonio. Let me put it to you another way, if you have a location in Chicago and another in Memphis clearly Chicago is going to win because the market has 6 million people living there vs 1 million.
    Pinball is fun but you seriously don't have someone from Kansas City going to a league in New York, no they're playing local. These are simply ridiculous categories because every city in America has a league or spot where people play. C'mon! These are local events and will be voted on by locals. Cities with the most players will win! Dumb category.
    I also think there should have been an award for best of the Decade considering we transitioned from 2019 to 2020
    Best game of the decade should be added right now! Best New Mod of the Decade! Ect... someone should have thought of that.
    This has been a big decade for pinball, one that btw might never be repeated so it should be honored rather than what city has the most voters for a local league.
    Just saying.
    Best Pinball Company 2010 - 2019
    Best Pinball Game 2010 - 2019
    Best Pinball Designer 2010 - 2019
    Best Mod of the Decade
    Lets put more thought into honoring those who've done the most during the single more transformative decade in the history of pinball.
    Oh and yes Best Local League of the Decade lets not forget that one. LOL

Sorry none of this makes Any sense? Maybe (1) category for best game of the decade but otherwise no sense at all. Be like going to the Olympics and awards are given to the best 50 yard dash runner for the last 3 Olympics or the Movie Oscars to compete over movies 10 years ago? It’s a Simple celebration and Acknowledgment of the efforts, individuals, accomplishments over the year. Would Stranger Things beat MMr for the decade? Hmmm... based on 20k owners of MMr my guess is no and of little value to know. The show and work they have Voluntarily put into it is Great as is and I am Certain they will continue to refine it for many Decades to come.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

I don't make sense I think you don't make sense. Actually you make no sense. I'm not saying there should be a category for best pinball of the decade every year... yeah that makes no sense. in case you haven't noticed this is now 2020, which means when TPF happens in March, it will be three months after the clock turned midnight and ended the decade of 2010-2019. Since this is the TPF directly after the clock switching us to a new decade it only makes sense to have best of the decade award.
    Furthermore what manufacturer would work super hard to win the game of the decade? What Pinball company wouldn't want to be the company of the decade? MM that wouldn't count its a remake... there should be an award THIS YEAR for Game of the Decade and it can be added now. Why wait 10 years to add it in 2030? Who knows if there will even be a twippy in 2030. Who knows where pinball will be if it even is popular then... who knows. Many things happen over 10 years so we should honor the people who changed the game over the last 10 years. I'm seriously scratching my head why you think that makes no sense. It doesn't.
    Fact is you love JJP, and I'm nearly positive they would win hands down.
    As for the show being done by a volunteer group... huh? If you're going to say this awards mean something then you need to do a better job. Adding best league or best location that is just worthless. Totally and anyone who wins that award should accept with a grain of salt. Seriously!
    I guess all I'm saying is add something that would inspire discussion, and people's passion for pinball!

Do you ever Read what you reply to or simple bury it in words? I Said I agree there should be (1) ONE category for game of the decade??? Not asking you to conform but Consider this hobby and the efforts of others might Not be just about what you want. Lol. As for the categories you claim as worthless, if they mean nothing to you simply don’t vote for them! Seems they made that option simple enough no? I value your input but don’t see why you have to crap on the effort they made to help us celebrate pinball? It’s not the Golden Globes, it’s simply a look back at those that contributed to our hobby enjoyment. The Silver Ball ceremony.

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Zach! you'd probably go oh I see what you're saying.

I would BET that is Not what he would be thinking or saying lol. Just having fun Dr.... lol

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

The people who buy games should have a lot more influence over this industry we do by making these awards really matter.

With this reasoning is why I disagree with you! Because you can't Buy a game your vote or opinion shouldn't matter? I do agree JJPPOTC is an Incredible game but as less then a thousand were made how can you Possibly expect it to earn the prestige or accolades as Best game ever if Few have/will even have the opportunity to play it? If truly a GOAT it would be competing with numbers like AF and rightfully Earn that title. For now its sadly just a game a few that got lucky finding one can enjoy. My vote (as many) goes to the titles that reached out to the Masses in homes and routes that all could enjoy by the hour or one quarter at a time. That would be the Peoples vote in my opinion.

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

To help you with a decision, please watch my video why I should be voted for!

Lloyd (#LTG) and Todd are tied in my book for best contributor to pinball for the Decade.

1 month later
    #144 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

Would you co-host with Kaneda, you could split the cost of driving down in his Demon.

Done! And Bublehead can be the back room bouncer! While one of the nicest guys you'll meet he's dam near a 7' wall and would keep anyone quiet! lol Hope to see everyone at TPF this year. Should be an impressive show no question changes and all.

2 weeks later
    #154 4 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

March 28. Get Ready!

That is just Awesome well done. Love the choice of replacement presenters should be fun.

3 weeks later
    #185 4 years ago

Not to say these are my votes but my guess on how things go. Lol

1 Wonka
    2 Castlevania by Justin Kalinowski
    3 Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (Jersey Jack Pinball)
    4 Logan Arcade – Chicago, IL
    5 Pingame Journal
    6 Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (Jersey Jack Pinball)
    7 Bowen Kerins
    8 Texas Pinball Festival
    9 Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (Jersey Jack Pinball)
    10 thisweekinpinball.com
    11 Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (Jersey Jack Pinball)
    12 Jack Danger for Homebrew Designer
    13 Texas Wizards Tournament (TPF)
    14 Jurassic Park (Stern Pinball
    15 Straight Down The Middle: a pinball show
    16 Wonka Factory Mod by Mod Couple
    17 Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (Jersey Jack Pinball)
    18 BuffaloPinball
    19 DFW Pinball League – Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
    20 Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (Jersey Jack Pinball)
    21 Black Knight: Sword of Rage Topper
    22 Kaneda’s Pinball Podcast
    23 The Munsters (Stern Pinball
    24 Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (Jersey Jack Pinball)
    25 Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (Jersey Jack Pinball)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-twipy-pinball-awards-a-celebration-of-the-hobby-coming-soon-1?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.