(Topic ID: 256771)

The TWIPYS Full Results and Percentages

By pin2d

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

olympics game 2020 (resized).jpg
    zzbohmmarrazzo-080112wc5-036 (resized).jpg
    ryan (resized).jpg
    Bull Butter (resized).jpg
    1343947973404_4154910 (resized).png
    d95e13720a3af18f696db4843fcc105f2b64e4b4-2 (resized).jpg
    90814586_203419977613766_8331073773448986624_n (resized).jpg
    giphy.gif
    IMG_20200315_110356.jpg
    chance (resized).png
    71397787_391315805145655_4961062323553828864_n (resized).png
    IMG_3197 (resized).jpg
    svengoolie (resized).jpg
    71397787_391315805145655_4961062323553828864_n (1) (resized).png
    27em2y.gif
    ZRL5WIB (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #182 Topics and contenders for each award. Posted by pin2d (4 years ago)

Post #214 TWIPY awards video Posted by pin2d (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from machoman3209:

Is there a plan in place this year for how they will silence or remove People that want to Heckle or Boo Award winners as they are accepting their award?

The system is don't vote for boo-worthy "winners." I can only think of one.

#68 4 years ago

Gotta love avatars. When I see bright green and a wall of text I can just keep scrolling.

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

1000 votes is really not that much for something like this.

If you know how statistics and sample sizes work, it's more than enough.

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I actually do, studied it in college and some real world experience. A good sample size is 10% of the entire pinball community.

Go back to school. No pollster on earth gets 10% of the population he's trying to represent.

Quoted from woody76:

They got 1000, so they are way off.

1k is the average sample size in a national political poll of ~200 million registered voters. I think it'll do for pinball.

#88 4 years ago

Relax, it's only pinball.

#114 4 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

How about "Best Virtual Pinball Table"?

Only if it's a trap to throw out your entire ballot.

1 month later
    #148 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jerryuop:

At least Kaneda is passionate and believes in the TWIPYs as a way to recognize the hard work of content providers.

How much would he believe in them if he didn't win?

3 weeks later
    #245 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Sorry, I dont believe that for a minute.

No one cares.

#320 4 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Best Animations and Display
    23.6% Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (Jersey Jack Pinball)

Should just change this award to "biggest screen."

#321 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

I had to come up with some rationale as to why most of you don't seem to recognize just how good a game Elvira is.

Basic fan layout, cradle up & time out a few modes to reach a massively lucrative multiball, zzz. I mean sure, the code will probably eventually be great. Just not in 2019.

#322 4 years ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

The most amazing takeaway from these full results being posted... some people actually gave Cosmic Carnival a vote in categories OTHER than best art???

Yeah, looks like everyone who bought one voted for it. Or a couple fun-loving trolls. I could imagine @bangerjay's ballot being CC all the way down.

#323 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

In my opinion, most of those categories that you didn't show percentages for should probably not exist at all. They are either pointlessly divisive or will likely always having the same winners year after year due to realities of this smallish community. Maybe use a different format where there is no one "winner" but a longer list of names worthy of special recognition.

I've suggested before that those categories should disqualify the winner for the next one or two years. It's no fun for anyone except Jack & Pinburgh to watch Jack & Pinburgh win in a landslide every year. What's more fun and more reflective of the diversity of the hobby, one guy winning five trophies, or one guy winning a couple, and a few others winning one each? Spread the love. Not everything in life has to be cutthroat winner-take-all. It would introduce a little uncertainty into the non-Jack years. And uncertainty is fun.

#328 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Are you from the everybody gets a trophy generation?

I knew someone would reply with that. Which is why I said:

Quoted from yancy:

Not everything in life has to be cutthroat winner-take-all.

In a pure competition with objective performance, yes, the "winner" should always win. This isn't football. It's a celebration of the hobby. Are you really gonna go full "trophy boomer" over a popularity contest?

#329 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Favorite Pinball Topper of 2019 = 29.2% Black Knight: Sword of Rage Topper

And how many people received their BKSoR topper in 2019?

No idea. But I saw one in person. Looks great, deserving winner.

#332 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

If they were to start doing what you suggested I would never watch the Twippy's again because that would be a total waste of time.

You know what makes me not want to watch? Categories with the same winner every year. Different strokes, I guess.

Selfishly, as a viewer, I dislike knowing the winner in advance. I wouldn’t watch any sport like that.

#343 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wouldn't it suck if Elwin makes another smash hit next year and doesnt win any awards because he won so many the last two years with IMDN and JP?

Red herring. Games are nominated, not people. I’m pretty sure JP won’t win anything next year.

#360 4 years ago
    Quoted from DeadFlip:

Spaceballs, Metroid, and every other homebrew out there deserves a trophy.

Careful, the trophy boomers might hear you.

In all seriousness, your pin looks cool, but as a voter/viewer it felt kinda hollow to see an incomplete game that basically no one played win best homebrew. Might have been better to wait a year and drag it to a few shows. Dare I say, earn it?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-twipy-pinball-awards-a-celebration-of-the-hobby-coming-soon-1?tu=yancy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.