(Topic ID: 256771)

The TWIPYS Full Results and Percentages

By pin2d

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

olympics game 2020 (resized).jpg
    zzbohmmarrazzo-080112wc5-036 (resized).jpg
    ryan (resized).jpg
    Bull Butter (resized).jpg
    1343947973404_4154910 (resized).png
    d95e13720a3af18f696db4843fcc105f2b64e4b4-2 (resized).jpg
    90814586_203419977613766_8331073773448986624_n (resized).jpg
    giphy.gif
    IMG_20200315_110356.jpg
    chance (resized).png
    71397787_391315805145655_4961062323553828864_n (resized).png
    IMG_3197 (resized).jpg
    svengoolie (resized).jpg
    71397787_391315805145655_4961062323553828864_n (1) (resized).png
    27em2y.gif
    ZRL5WIB (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #182 Topics and contenders for each award. Posted by pin2d (4 years ago)

Post #214 TWIPY awards video Posted by pin2d (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yoko2una.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Some of these options to vote on are ridiculous. Who came up with this stuff?
    Favorite Pinball Location? Favorite Pinball League?
    The people who live in that city are voting for that cities league or location. Someone in St Louis isn't voting for a place in San Antonio. Let me put it to you another way, if you have a location in Chicago and another in Memphis clearly Chicago is going to win because the market has 6 million people living there vs 1 million.
    Pinball is fun but you seriously don't have someone from Kansas City going to a league in New York, no they're playing local. These are simply ridiculous categories because every city in America has a league or spot where people play. C'mon! These are local events and will be voted on by locals. Cities with the most players will win! Dumb category.
    I also think there should have been an award for best of the Decade considering we transitioned from 2019 to 2020
    Best game of the decade should be added right now! Best New Mod of the Decade! Ect... someone should have thought of that.
    This has been a big decade for pinball, one that btw might never be repeated so it should be honored rather than what city has the most voters for a local league.
    Just saying.
    Best Pinball Company 2010 - 2019
    Best Pinball Game 2010 - 2019
    Best Pinball Designer 2010 - 2019
    Best Mod of the Decade
    Lets put more thought into honoring those who've done the most during the single more transformative decade in the history of pinball.
    Oh and yes Best Local League of the Decade lets not forget that one. LOL

I have to agree with this. Some of the categories I had to leave blank, not because I wanted to, but because there wasn’t an option for anyone in the northeast (unless they’re a “pinball traveler”).

NEPL was an option for best league, and obviously only people in New England will be voting for that. But in said league there are a half dozen collectors with un-freggin-real collections that don’t make this list, and then we also have a handful of kickass public locations with killer collections. Not one makes it. So the league makes it, but this hotspot region for pinball that makes this category possible gets no love for locations.

Also, it killed me to see F’ing Cosmic Carnival listed so many times in so many categories. That should only have a spot under artwork and NO other mentions. FFS, they had to redo the PF layout when people thousands of miles away like me took 1 quick look of the PF and reminded those geniuses that there’s no reason to have top rollovers if there’s no way to get up there after plunge! They had to introduce a drop bank with nothing behind to allow a ball to get back up top, and the resulting “orbit” shot just went back into the shooter lane to get up there. That company was dead on arrival. Their ramps, toys, MSRP, and YouTube streams should be in their own category for “biggest laugh of the year”. My local bowling alley with 1 pin has more of a case to be in the “best location” category than Cosmic Carnival has a case to be in the “best layout” category.

...Just so everyone knows how I really feel.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

You can definitely leave any fields you want blank! And people will definitely vote for the league they're familiar with in their area. My favorite location is in Indianapolis (and the best in the world in my opinion) and that is not in the dropdown.
    As far as excluding Cosmic Carnival, it was an original game and original design that came out this year. We won't exclude games from some categories just because we don't like them, we include anything that is eligible.
    Also should mention, feel free to PM me any criticisms (or share them here), we listen to all feedback to try to make this better each year.

Thanks for the reply, Jeff.

The league thing sort of proves my point. It’s not the best league that wins. It will probably end up being the league with the most players. That’s more of a “regional headcount” poll vs. other categories for things like commonly available pins that one can order regardless of location.

Also as it pertains to the best location category, I looked at the first two as I’ve never heard of them. The one in TX with 50 games according to Pinside looks sweet. The next one in TN, may be a great location for TN, but as I mentioned above is at least on par, if not even inferior (IMHO) to some of the private collections and public locations in the northeast. Heck the below photo is a ridiculous location in a local amusement park and these location games are stacked with ColorDMDs and toppers. I’m sure many would consider this a Mecca and yet it’s basically an afterthought up here which again makes me question the selection process.
    3E3DEA15-5C68-46DE-A2F3-41BD04EAAF34.jpeg3E3DEA15-5C68-46DE-A2F3-41BD04EAAF34.jpeg

I don’t know the selection process from the committee, nor do I really care to learn. I voted within the options selected. I just think a “best of” should truly be a “best of” competition and I sincerely question if the best of each category is listed. That’s all.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yoko2una.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-twipy-pinball-awards-a-celebration-of-the-hobby-coming-soon-1?tu=Yoko2una and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.