(Topic ID: 256771)

The TWIPYS Full Results and Percentages

By pin2d

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

olympics game 2020 (resized).jpg
    zzbohmmarrazzo-080112wc5-036 (resized).jpg
    ryan (resized).jpg
    Bull Butter (resized).jpg
    1343947973404_4154910 (resized).png
    d95e13720a3af18f696db4843fcc105f2b64e4b4-2 (resized).jpg
    90814586_203419977613766_8331073773448986624_n (resized).jpg
    giphy.gif
    IMG_20200315_110356.jpg
    chance (resized).png
    71397787_391315805145655_4961062323553828864_n (resized).png
    IMG_3197 (resized).jpg
    svengoolie (resized).jpg
    71397787_391315805145655_4961062323553828864_n (1) (resized).png
    27em2y.gif
    ZRL5WIB (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 364 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
    #101 4 years ago

Someone needs to ping me when waiting on a response!

Very good questions. The Committee basically evaluates as a group the original content being broadcast and in what form. Content that is released initially as a stream can then be uploaded onto YouTube or as a podcast, however the primary choice of medium is still streaming. We also evaluate if any intention was to market the stream content as something else. For example, Buffalo Pinball does a monthly “podcast” stream which we consider a podcast instead of a stream because the intent was presented formally from the start and streaming video was not the primary use of the media. In other words, it was intended for an audio podcast even if it was initially recorded using stream broadcasting. In addition, the committee also takes into consideration original content that was created for the YouTube channel, outside of streaming/uploading from a different medium. Some on the drop down list are stream uploads, but some have a significant percentage of original content/videos solely created and/or aired on YouTube. If we deemed the original stand-alone content significant and substantial then they were deemed eligible vs. ineligible.

It’s not an exact science or a perfect system. The TWIPY Committee is comprised of respected individuals in the community and we try to make the awards as fair and objective as possible, and take into account some common sense as well.

#102 4 years ago

Here are some suggestions if we go by awards shows already out there...

Best Picture (Best Overall Pinball)

Best Director (Best Designer)

League MVP (Most Valuable Person to Pinball) (That year)

Best Original Screenplay (Best Original Game)

Best Adapted Screenplay (Pinball based on a licensed game)

Best Animated Feature (Best Animations on Screen)

Best Cinematography (Best Playfield Layout)

Best Original Score (Best Music Pinball)

Best Editing (Best Coding/Rule Set)

Sound Editing (Best Sound FX)

Production Design (Best Art Package on a Pinball)

Best Visual Effects (Same as before Best visual fx on screen)

Other categories I would keep or consider...

Best Original Toy
    Best Toy Set
    Best Mod of the Year
    Best Stream
    Best Podcast
    Manufacturer of the Year
    Comeback of the Year (could be a mod company, pinball supplier, designer, etc.)

All the rest I would drop! All categories should be focused strictly on highlighting and promoting the advancement of pinball.

Keith Elwin might get all the credit for his game, but he had a team just like a director of a movie. Breaking it out like this promotes all those people and advancements.

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Someone needs to ping me when waiting on a response!
    Very good questions. The Committee basically evaluates as a group the original content being broadcast and in what form. Content that is released initially as a stream can then be uploaded onto YouTube or as a podcast, however the primary choice of medium is still streaming. We also evaluate if any intention was to market the stream content as something else. For example, Buffalo Pinball does a monthly “podcast” stream which we consider a podcast instead of a stream because the intent was presented formally from the start and streaming video was not the primary use of the media. In other words, it was intended for an audio podcast even if it was initially recorded using stream broadcasting. In addition, the committee also takes into consideration original content that was created for the YouTube channel, outside of streaming/uploading from a different medium. Some on the drop down list are stream uploads, but some have a significant percentage of original content/videos solely created and/or aired on YouTube. If we deemed the original stand-alone content significant and substantial then they were deemed eligible vs. ineligible.
    It’s not an exact science or a perfect system. The TWIPY Committee is comprised of respected individuals in the community and we try to make the awards as fair and objective as possible, and take into account some common sense as well.

Right on.

Honestly seems ripe for bias. I can tell you that I go to YouTube for deadflip content. Pretty sure he makes unique stuff for YouTube.

That one seems pretty strange to have removed him if he got enough write ins.

Did not know till now the twipys had an electoral college aspect.

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Here are some suggestions if we go by awards shows already out there...
    Best Picture (Best Overall Pinball)
    Best Director (Best Designer)
    League MVP (Most Valuable Person to Pinball) (That year)
    Best Original Screenplay (Best Original Game)
    Best Adapted Screenplay (Pinball based on a licensed game)
    Best Animated Feature (Best Animations on Screen)
    Best Cinematography (Best Playfield Layout)
    Best Original Score (Best Music Pinball)
    Best Editing (Best Coding/Rule Set)
    Sound Editing (Best Sound FX)
    Production Design (Best Art Package on a Pinball)
    Best Visual Effects (Same as before Best visual fx on screen)
    Other categories I would keep or consider...
    Best Original Toy
    Best Toy Set
    Best Mod of the Year
    Best Stream
    Best Podcast
    Manufacturer of the Year
    Comeback of the Year (could be a mod company, pinball supplier, designer, etc.)
    All the rest I would drop! All categories should be focused strictly on highlighting and promoting the advancement of pinball.
    Keith Elwin might get all the credit for his game, but he had a team just like a director of a movie. Breaking it out like this promotes all those people and advancements.

27em2y.gif27em2y.gif
    #106 4 years ago

Why not AKC Style?

Sporting — Tournament Player
    Non-Sporting — Streamer
    Hound — Distributor
    Working — Designer
    Terrier — Sound Package
    Toy — Toy
    Herding — Podcaster

#107 4 years ago

damnit... its 2020, everybody should get a twippy

#108 4 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

damnit... its 2020, everybody should get a twippy

To quote Syndrome: "And When Everyone's Super...No One Will Be"...

#109 4 years ago

To help you with a decision, please watch my video why I should be voted for!

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

Lloyd (#LTG) and Todd are tied in my book for best contributor to pinball for the Decade.

#111 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Lloyd (#LTG) and Todd are tied in my book for best contributor to pinball for the Decade.

Todd's the best.

I appreciate your sentiment. Please leave me out of these things.

LTG : )

#112 4 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

I voted for you! Your videos are the best!

#113 4 years ago

How about "Best Virtual Pinball Table"?

#114 4 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

How about "Best Virtual Pinball Table"?

Only if it's a trap to throw out your entire ballot.

#115 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Only if it's a trap to throw out your entire ballot.

haters gonna hate...

It'd be better then a few of the existing categories.

#116 4 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

It'd be better then a few of the existing categories.

Ha, fair point.

#117 4 years ago

Probably should have posted this here sooner - not because I expect to win streamer of the year but because it was fun.

2 weeks later
    #118 4 years ago

LAST CHANCE to vote in The TWIPY Pinball Awards: A CELEBRATION OF THE HOBBY!

Voting Ends tomorrow (1/31) at midnight EST - vote now if you haven't yet!

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/quiz/twipy-2019-ballot/

71397787_391315805145655_4961062323553828864_n (1) (resized).png71397787_391315805145655_4961062323553828864_n (1) (resized).png
    1 week later
    #119 4 years ago

Announcement:

"After thoughtful considerations to all parties a mutual decision has been made regarding the TWIPYs award show. Greg Bone and Zach Meny will not be hosting the award show this year. TWIP wishes them the best of luck in their future endeavors and thanks them for the co-creation of this celebration of pinball."

#120 4 years ago

Well that escalated quickly!!

So who is going to host? More fallout from the TPN I guess? Its a shame, they did a fantastic job last year.

#121 4 years ago

Wish there were more clarification on what the hell is going on in pinball right now.

#122 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Well that escalated quickly!!
    So who is going to host? More fallout from the TPN I guess? Its a shame, they did a fantastic job last year.

They've done an incredible job, I couldn't agree more.

Not sure yet on who is hosting, hoping to figure something out this week.

#123 4 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Announcement:
    "After thoughtful considerations to all parties a mutual decision has been made regarding the TWIPYs award show. Greg Bone and Zach Meny will not be hosting the award show this year. TWIP wishes them the best of luck in their future endeavors and thanks them for the co-creation of this celebration of pinball."

I loved the show last year and it absolutely sucks that this is happening. Can we get a little more info please?

#124 4 years ago

Might want to consider a having a male and female host to prevent getting called an all boys show from Jack Donger.

#125 4 years ago

Take us off the ballot. Kristin and I will host it.

#126 4 years ago

Get Elvira to host, she can't cost too much nowadays...

#127 4 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

Get Elvira to host, she can't cost too much nowadays...

Or Svengoolie, as he is a friend of Spooky Pinball, so maybe he can get a ride with them down to the show.

svengoolie (resized).jpgsvengoolie (resized).jpg
    #128 4 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Announcement:

Man, this sucks. I enjoyed last year's awards because it didn't feel like a nerd fest and was entertaining and fun. A good thing gone before it's time...

And Nero fiddled as Rome burned.

#129 4 years ago

In response to the messages and emails I've received about the statement I shared from Zach and Greg about the TWIPYs, please let me clarify - I wanted Zach and Greg to continue on as hosts. I did not "kick them out" from hosting the TWIPYs. They did a fantastic job hosting last year and the show will not be the same without them.

That said, the TWIPY Committee and I are committed to making this year's show bigger and better than ever. Stay tuned!

#130 4 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

We'll have guests presenters, acceptance speeches, a cash bar, and all of it will be streamed live on Twitch.

I'm hoping the part about being streamed on Twitch is still planned. Along with it being archived by someone afterwards on YouTube.

I have enjoyed the Twipy awards the past 2 years via SDTM and I just hope the production and presentation is not a step back from last years awards show.

#131 4 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

I'm hoping the part about being streamed on Twitch is still planned. Along with it being archived by someone afterwards on YouTube.
    I have enjoyed the Twipy awards the past 2 years via SDTM and I just hope the production and presentation is not a step back from last years awards show.

It will definitely be streamed live and archived on YouTube.

Can't understate how much SDTM meant to the TWIPYs and what a great job they did.

Working hard to make it another great show, had a call last night with the TPF Audio/Visual people, 44 days to get everything ready, the show must go on!

#132 4 years ago

Jack danger/ jeffrey Star to host.

#133 4 years ago

How about Slash and Ed?

#134 4 years ago

Slash is on tour

#135 4 years ago

LET’S GET A REAL HOST!

<COUGH COUGH>

#136 4 years ago
    Quoted from MachoPinball:

LET’S GET A REAL HOST!
    <COUGH COUGH>

Well I think you'd have to be on video...so start pumping those weights and taking the vitamins

#137 4 years ago
    Quoted from MachoPinball:

LET’S GET A REAL HOST!
    <COUGH COUGH>

Just get an animation of Strong Bad and put Macho's voice to it.

#138 4 years ago

I love you macho but I don't think I could take more than a boxing round of time with your voice. Ding ding !!

#139 4 years ago

Ok, I have decided my u/d ratio is getting too high...

How about Kaneda to host?

Shit... now I’ve done it.

#141 4 years ago

I heard Chris is available

#142 4 years ago

Quoted from Bublehead:

That's all we need is another moron in the back of the room going "BOOOOOOO!!" the entire show.

#143 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Fly me out to Texas, I'll do it!

Would you co-host with Kaneda, you could split the cost of driving down in his Demon.

#144 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

Would you co-host with Kaneda, you could split the cost of driving down in his Demon.

Done! And Bublehead can be the back room bouncer! While one of the nicest guys you'll meet he's dam near a 7' wall and would keep anyone quiet! lol Hope to see everyone at TPF this year. Should be an impressive show no question changes and all.

#145 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Hope to see everyone at TPF

Definitely going to be there... and me and my two 6’4”+ nephews will stand in the back and keep the hecklers at bay. lol

2 weeks later
    #146 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

At least Kaneda is passionate and believes in the TWIPYs as a way to recognize the hard work of content providers. I would still prefer Zach and Greg, but Chris would keep the show interesting.

#147 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jerryuop:

At least Kaneda is passionate and believes in the TWIPYs as a way to recognize the hard work of content providers. I would still prefer Zach and Greg, but Chris would keep the show interesting.

Would you take a price from a person that verbally shat all over you?

#148 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jerryuop:

At least Kaneda is passionate and believes in the TWIPYs as a way to recognize the hard work of content providers.

How much would he believe in them if he didn't win?

#149 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

How much would he believe in them if didn't win?

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I think the Twippy award for Podcasts has done more harm than good (harm may be too strong of a word). It created a weird competition between the podcasts that bled into the content in odd ways. I'm not saying it was all bad as it was definitely interesting to see who won and got nominated, etc., but for me overall it became mildly annoying.

#150 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

How much would he believe in them if didn't win?

He allready doesn't.

I might have gotten it wrong but the idea that Greg & Zach shouldn't moderate a show where they're nominated for multiple categories (or TWIP shouldn't be feasible for voting "best website") sparked at Kanedas "made up drama" Inc.

Quoted from iloveplywood:

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I think the Twippy award for Podcasts has done more harm than good (harm may be too strong of a word). It created a weird competition between the podcasts that bled into the content in odd ways. I'm not saying it was all bad as it was definitely interesting to see who won and got nominated, etc., but for me overall it became mildly annoying.

I wouldn't go that far.

Sure, there's allways guys that get no recognition at all and are frustrated, or people like K. that somehow manage to build their own microcosm.
    But this is not the reason for what has happened here. There are a lot of podcasts, but all of them -but one- share/ cater to the same audience.
    Imagine coming to a newspaper booth, where they have nine same-ish but very, very good "regular" newspapers and one tabloid newspaper, wich one do you suppose sells most?

If TPN does well and cann only be voted "as one" for (and not each individual segment) TPN should win pretty easily in 2021.
    Then again, that'd be not the best thing to do for various reasons.

Kaneda won and he came on stage and everyone (but that booing guy) handled that very professional and that is the best thing you can do!

There are 364 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-twipy-pinball-awards-a-celebration-of-the-hobby-coming-soon-1/page/3?hl=6point5degrees and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.