2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pinsanity
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Untitled (resized).png

#1 2 years ago

Head2Head Pinball presents the 2017 TWERPY Pinball Awards!

Not to be confused with the TWIPY awards where you vote for your favourite stuff --> https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-2017-twipy-pinball-awards-live-awards-show-vote-now

These are like the 'Raszzies' where you vote for the worst in each category.

You can vote here, it takes just a minute - https://goo.gl/forms/RMs5xHQL1mP0mtcj1 <-- Let us know when you have voted so the thread can stay active.
    The more votes, the more 'accurate' the results will be.
    All votes are 100% anonymous, but you will require a google login to reduce duplicate voting.

Winners (losers) will be announced early January.
    Just for fun, don't take it too seriously!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/head2headpinball/
    For hate mail: head2headpinball@gmail.com

#2 2 years ago

Evening bump
    Since this was posted at 5am US time.
    Lots of entries already.

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

Just for fun, don't take it too seriously!

There's so much negativity out there to begin with. You know you're talking about giving awards to the people who worked on these games, and telling them that they're shit? Doesn't sound like fun to me.

"Razzies" work because you're talking about actors who are multimillionaires and can be taken down a peg. This doesn't work with working class jobs, people going in and doing their best, and maybe sometimes it doesn't work out as the best despite their best efforts.

If I received an award like this it would make me depressed. Call me a snowflake who can't take a joke.

#4 2 years ago

Not enough questions

If I didn;t have to sign in to google i would have taken it.

#6 2 years ago

This thread is going to piss off a lot of people haha

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

There's so much negativity out there to begin with. You know you're talking about giving awards to the people who worked on these games, and telling them that they're shit? Doesn't sound like fun to me.
    "Razzies" work because you're talking about actors who are multimillionaires and can be taken down a peg. This doesn't work with working class jobs, people going in and doing their best, and maybe sometimes it doesn't work out as the best despite their best efforts.
    If I received an award like this it would make me depressed. Call me a snowflake who can't take a joke.

OK: you're a snowflake who can't take a joke.

...or: if you received an award like this, you could show to your bosses as a clear signal from the pinball buying community that backs up your repeated assertions to them that things need to change.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from JWJr:

OK: you're a snowflake who can't take a joke.
    ...or: if you received an award like this, you could show to your bosses as a clear signal from the pinball buying community that backs up your repeated assertions to them that things need to change.

If I were a boss, I wouldn't take some random internet poll seriously enough to make any business decisions on.

#9 2 years ago

Done and done, gonna be a lot of expensive but hurt out there. Just cop it on the chin, smile and move on.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from GhostThruster:

If I were a boss, I wouldn't take some random internet poll seriously enough to make any business decisions on.

Ah so you're familiar with Stern's practices then.

#11 2 years ago

Random??!?
    This is an official award!

frolic
    I appreciate the opinion. It is something we thought about. At the end of the day we are always gong to be on the consumers side.
    It might be someones job, but they are getting paid for it...and being the worst doesn't mean you are 'shit', just means that the consumers out there just think that the alternatives are better.

It will be interesting to see if TWIP releases the data for the TWIPYs, because the machines that 'win' each category should be the ones that receive the smallest amount of votes in the 'best of' awards.

#13 2 years ago

Interesting, but I just can’t bring myself to do it. Everyone there had a vision, to bring a pin to reality. And enough drive to get some made. That alone counts for something.

#14 2 years ago

I know it's not for everyone.
    If you want to vote for the best stuff, twip had the Twipy, please vote
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-2017-twipy-pinball-awards-live-awards-show-vote-now

Almost 50 responses so far! Would love to get to 100
    Vote here
    https://goo.gl/forms/RMs5xHQL1mP0mtcj1

#15 2 years ago

Mine had a habit of it.

#16 2 years ago

nah gonna keep it positive over the holidays. Happy flipping festivus everyone!

#17 2 years ago

Wouldn't by default, the "losers" of the TWIPY awards automatically "win" the TWERPY awards? I'm sure we can all universally agree what the winners and losers of the TWIPY awards are...this is just putting it in writing.

#18 2 years ago

There's potential for laughs here, but simply copying the TWIPYS and changing 'best' to 'worst' is the barest minimum of effort for not much of a joke (particularly if they're not meant to be taken seriously). Far better instead to come up with funny categories that are written to be mocking but wouldn't be game-breakers in themselves. Examples:

Worst ball trap
    Weakest mode
    Funniest bug
    Least comprehensible rule
    Most half-assed toy
    Most ridiculous jackpot

...and so on.

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

There's potential for laughs here, but simply copying the TWIPYS and changing 'best' to 'worst' is the barest minimum of effort for not much of a joke (particularly if they're not meant to be taken seriously). Far better instead to come up with funny categories that are written to be mocking but wouldn't be game-breakers in themselves. Examples:
    Worst ball trap
    Weakest mode
    Funniest bug
    Least comprehensible rule
    Most half-assed toy
    Most ridiculous jackpot
    ...and so on.

I like their use of anti categories for this year's award and the name is perfect. Maybe next year the list of categories can be expanded to include additional as suggested.

#20 2 years ago

We added 'Most unreliable game' but yes there could have been a lot more categories. It really was meant to just be a reverse of the TWIPYs.

I probably would have added AFMr and Magic girl in there but they where not options on the TWIPYs and I am sure Magic girl would have taken a lot of the awards!

Maybe next year we will add more categories, depending on how this goes. Close to 100 votes so far which is more than I thought.
    The more votes better!

Quoted from FatPanda:

Wouldn't by default, the "losers" of the TWIPY awards automatically "win" the TWERPY awards? I'm sure we can all universally agree what the winners and losers of the TWIPY awards are...this is just putting it in writing.

I am happy to release the data to see if its the opposite if its available from TWIP.
    However TWIP is going to have a lot more voters as all podcasters, streamers etc are asking fans to vote. No one but me is asking anyone to vote here

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

No one but me is asking anyone to vote here

Get voting everyone

#22 2 years ago

Last bump before voting ends.
    Got over 90 responses.... Help us tip it over 100!

Very interesting results so far

#23 2 years ago

Just voted.

#24 2 years ago

I think the results of this poll could be very interesting for the manufacturers of games.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

I think the results of this poll could be very interesting for the manufacturers of games.

Why wouldn’t he results of the TWIP awards tell them the same information?

#26 2 years ago

I voted in both polls and I survived.
    - Looking forward to the results in each and maybe cross checking the info.

#27 2 years ago

A day after we will post all the results and graphs here...

We will announce the results on the podcast either on Monday on the podcast, or possibly the week after depending on if we are going to podcast on New years day!
    Thanks for helping us get over 100, its the magical number that makes results more accurate.

Like this! But with a legend!

Untitled (resized).png

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

There is a difference in not being the best in a category and being the worst. The best awards don't tell you that a manufacturer needs to step up his game, being voted the worst definitely sends that message.

Earlier this year I saw a quote from (if I call correctly) Steve Jobs come by that said something in the line of "Customers who complain are your best customers because they will tell you what you can improve."

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Because not enough people might have played any particular game to influence any category one way or the other.

1 week later
    #30 2 years ago

I made a sperate thread to post the results as I have given tables and graphs for all

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2017-worst-in-pinball-results

Only posting here because some people are following/Favorited the thread.

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

There is a difference in not being the best in a category and being the worst. The best awards don't tell you that a manufacturer needs to step up his game, being voted the worst definitely sends that message.
    Earlier this year I saw a quote from (if I call correctly) Steve Jobs come by that said something in the line of "Customers who complain are your best customers because they will tell you what you can improve."

Jobs had it down pat in that regard.

Sycophants will tell you nothing but what you want to hear or simply parrot whatever you say as irrefutable gospel.

Neither of which will lead to an improvement in product or an increase in brand awareness/sales.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 199.99
    € 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 12.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 18.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 50.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 135.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    Lit Frames
    $ 27.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    MicksPinball
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 8.00
    Cabinet Parts
    RPGCor
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 40.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside