Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by aobrien5
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Watts.JPG
    DMM_TeeBee-tronic_jigowatts.jpg
    DMM_TeeBee-tronic_jigowatts.pdf (PDF preview)
    PBM40_99up.jpg
    There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

Im not sure if this has ever been done but it really is important to me. If it has been done already then my bad but im going to say what i need to say! Im almost 50 years old and grew up playing pinball. It was truly my passion as a kid in all the dirty , dingy ole arcades just like a ton of other people on this site. I will never forget the first time i skipped school to play Firepower and then Black knight ( oh my god when Black Knight came out !! What a rush !! Anyways, i stopped playing for at least 25 years or more until i got back into it a few years ago due a friend having a couple of pins and i was hooked again!!! Ive since fully restored a Space Shuttle , semi restored my F14 Tomcat and im into the most extensive restore project with my Getaway yet !!. Ive had so much help and advice over the last few years and i really want to start a threat recognizing pinside members who have truly been there for me and others!! Im going to name a few but im going to certainly miss some but i know others will bring them up. Lets give a big hand to people like
    VID
    Grumpy
    Loyd
    Please add to this if for no reason (these guys dont do it for the accolaides but for the love of pinball) then you want to say thanks .

#2 8 years ago

State what they did to help you and why you appreciate it !

#3 8 years ago

PinballManiac40. Not a day goes by without helping somebody with pinball, either in person or over the Internet. Pinball wouldn't be the same without the maniac!

#4 8 years ago

Thanks Fish. While we are on this topic, just an idea, but let me know what you think ?? Im thinking someone should talk to Robin (pinside founder) and see if he could talk to pinball part distributors like Marco, Pinlife etc and have a system where when someone really helps us out we can donate to pinside towards that person to buy product. Lets say Vid helps you solve an issue, You go to Vids link and donate 50 cents lets say. Over time he can build up at fund through pinside . What do you guys think ??

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from fish1975tx:

PinballManiac40. Not a day goes by without helping somebody with pinball, either in person or over the Internet. Pinball wouldn't be the same without the maniac!

PinballManiac40 helped me quite a bit...
    Also Terryb has been very helpful....

#6 8 years ago

Freeplay40 is awesome! He has helped me a ton (along with others). Thanks Mark!

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from fish1975tx:

Agreed!

#8 8 years ago

Some knowledgeable folks that are a real asset to the pincommunity:

Barakandl
    ChrisHibler
    Dirtflipper
    Borygard

#9 8 years ago

Another vote for Chris Hibler. He is always willing to help troubleshoot and is never condescending even if the question has noob written all over it - just good, solid knowledge that he patiently shares with anyone willing to ask. And, of course, does great, reasonably-priced board work as well.

#10 8 years ago

Thanks Loyd, Vid, Markmon..... Tons of other great contributors but those three are a wealth of knowledge & the ones that jump to mind.

#11 8 years ago

blown fuse. he is always helping someone trouble shoot an issue. he is one of the good guys.

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from fish1975tx:

PinballManiac40 is always helping folks at the shows. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen him play a game but I've seen him under the hood a million times. Thanks PinballManiac40.

#13 8 years ago

Shout out to Mike Schudel whose posted info really helped me out. Vid and Lloyd always there for a helpful reply too!

Time for another Pinside feature request. "Nominate a pinhead you're thankful for". It shouldn't have to be a pinsider. Then you can contribute something to them. The honored pinhead can use it for something nice in the hobby or whatever they please.

I once learned that another pinhead stud didn't even have a heat-controlled soldering iron!

I know there's a lot of details to work out, but I'll leave that to the Top Men we have on the job. I just like the idea.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from fish1975tx:

I 5th this. Nothing but nice things to say about PM40.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Some knowledgeable folks that are a real asset to the pincommunity:

Don't sell yourself short Wayout, you have helped many, many people on here.
    Also not mentioned yet, John Wart Jr.

#16 8 years ago

Terryb has been very helpful to me. When I was very new to this hobby I bought a TAF. I soon discovered I was in way over my head. After months of frustration, I had about decided I had bought a 300 Lb paperweight. Terry was very patient with me and we got it going after much electrical troubleshooting. I have also enjoyed his articles on soldering and board repairs.
    It's nice to know there are people like Terry in this hobby. Thank you TerryB!!

#17 8 years ago

Don't forget Zaza and his awesome graphics and schematics, they are always very helpful

#18 8 years ago

Also a shoutout to Tracelifter who is gone from pinside now but is a wealth of knowledge

#19 8 years ago

I am pretty sure Loyd has helped and solved every technical issue I have ever had. Captainneo has been a great help with restore questions and leads on hard to find items.

#20 8 years ago

Chaz at stern technical support. It sucks having a problem with a nib machine, but It's great having chaz answer, or call you back, yes call you back. I don't know how he does it day in an day out dealing with people's pin problems but he's helped solve my nib issues with perfect customer service. Stern give this man a raise he deserves it.

#21 8 years ago

Along with the previoisly mentioned folks, Viperrwk deserves a shout out.

#22 8 years ago

Ingo aka German Pinball, Ace, Lindsay, Hans, JWJR, cactus jack, gott lieb, seymour shabow are a few that come to mind.

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Don't sell yourself short Wayout, you have helped many, many people on here.
    Also not mentioned yet, John Wart Jr.

Thanks RCA1.

#24 8 years ago

Everyone who's posted to Pinside and of course Robin and Martijn!

Thanks so much!
    faz

#25 8 years ago

Vid1900 and his great guides, ChrisHibler for his efforts on Pinside and pinwiki.com, zaza and his wonderful drawings.

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from terryb:

Vid1900 and his great guides, ChrisHibler for his efforts on Pinside and pinwiki.com, zaza and his wonderful drawings.

The only thing better than being called a Pinside angel is being called a Pinside angel by one of Pinside's angels.

#27 8 years ago

Along with the above,

Mr68 with his enlightening posts and Nimblepin, knower of all good places to eat.

#28 8 years ago

I want to say a big thank you to Faz. Nothing too much trouble and always patient. Many Dr Who owners would agree with me

#29 8 years ago

Doothedoo is always great with early SS tech help. Vid as always, and many others that chime in on tech threads and are more than patient with us relative noobs that have issues from time to time.

#30 8 years ago

Thanks to the guys who mentioned me in this thread. I really enjoy helping out as much as I can anywhere I go. Just trying to do my part to help keep the pinball passion alive.

Now if I can improve some of my posts with zaza type diagrams, that would make me happy.

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Now if I can improve some of my posts with zaza type diagrams

easy, here you have your own post in zaza style

PBM40_99up.jpgPBM40_99up.jpg

#32 8 years ago

Thanks to Tracelifter, who helped me with a couple issues when I first started posting on pinside. Most notably getting my Fish Tales flopping fish down to a reasonable volume.

#33 8 years ago

#34 8 years ago

Having a zaza diagram in the thread is like having a drum roll to top off a good day.

#35 8 years ago

Thanks to all the greats bump!!

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Thanks to all the greats bump!!

There's still some names missing, and I'm hoping some of the people who they've helped will jump in.

Quoted from zaza:

easy, here you have your own post in zaza style

Now I want one.

#37 8 years ago

cody_chunn helped me with a pesky BK sound issue awhile back...
    metallic helped with custom audio in Met...

#38 8 years ago

Beelzeboob has helped me in countless ways .....wait, no he hasn't....all he has ever done is given me shit!

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Beelzeboob has helped me in countless ways .....wait, no he hasn't....all he has ever done is given me shit!

Aww....thanks! I was wondering when somebody would call me a Pinside angel!

#40 8 years ago

I guess I'm just a pinside devil now.

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I guess I'm just a pinside devil now.

Now?

#42 8 years ago

Now and the rest of eternity.

#43 8 years ago
    Quoted from terryb:

Now I want one.

You allready got a personalized DMM
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-rose-flashers-18-20#post-2603892
    DMM_TeeBee-tronic_jigowatts.pdfDMM_TeeBee-tronic_jigowatts.pdf

Quoted from SUPERBEE:

State what they did to help you and why you appreciate it !

I also do learn new stuff on PinSide. Here are some topics that were educational for me:

topic about mosfet's with JohnWjr and MarcoAlb.. :
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-try-mosfets-in-lamp-columns-on-de

Tropical-fish capacitors with KenL, theDefog, Vid1900 and more:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-need-a-old-man-to-help

GI-dimming with Altan, Swaggs, Frax, Barakandl ChrisH, JohnWjr
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-gi-not-dimming-why-do-people-suggest-replacing-lm374

Lesson in helpfullnes, lot of names here:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/one-armed-pinball-i-mean-it

and many more names,.. thank you thank you !

#44 8 years ago

We all love pinballmaniac40 down here on the third coast!

#46 8 years ago

Vid, forceflow, freeplay40, barakandl

#47 8 years ago

I would agree with everyone mentioned above, they are all assets to the Pinball/Pinside community.
    I'd like to give a shout out to a couple of names not mentioned.
    1) Eskaybee. He has a passion for Stern code. He's given advice to many on here on how to maximize their game play. He has also made suggestions to Stern on how to improve their code.

2)Tamoore. He's helped several people on Pinside, but more than that he's been a pinball mentor to me. He's always quick to help his Pinball newb neighbor, no matter how dumb the question is.

#48 8 years ago

Oga83 = Pinball Browser! What an accomplishment this was!

Milhouse =TWD Sound replacement!

#49 8 years ago
    Quoted from Zampinator:

Oga83 = Pinball Browser! What an accomplishment this was!
    Milhouse =TWD Sound replacement!

I will second this.
    Oga's program has allowed me to help lots of people finally get the game they wanted with the music pins.

#50 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_faz:

zaza, are you testing a Flux Capacitor in this diagram???

Yeah, but the picture misses some parts in the preview and not in full scale ?!
    Careful when you measure the flux capacitor, the multi-meter will get hot.

jpg works better:
    DMM_TeeBee-tronic_jigowatts.jpgDMM_TeeBee-tronic_jigowatts.jpg

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-true-pinside-angels and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.