(Topic ID: 100974)

The true meaning of the terms FIRM and OBO?

By Piparoo

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

this.gif
    photo 3.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    CG4.jpg
    CG1.jpg
    Oboe_modern.jpg
    breast firm.jpg
    imagesCAL1K3KJ.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#118 9 years ago

If I say a price is firm when I sell anything, that's my best price and what I expect to get for it, meaning I will sell for nothing less. I hate negotiating. I'm plain just not good at it. When I go to buy a good or service I pay the tag or advertised price (same as a firm price). The firm price may or not be what the "market" price is and may or may not be overpriced. To say that you won't deal with someone because they indicated the price to be firm is just ridiculous. You don't move on because the price is firm, you move on if you don't like the price. Do you argue with the clerk at the gas station about the "FIRM" price advertised on the sign out front? No, if you don't like the price you just plain go buy your gas somewhere where the price is more to your liking. Bitching about the price being immovable is a joke.

1 week later
    #135 9 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Great thread...
    I do have to say that I don't generalize on seeing particular keywords such as firm or obo. The words are hints at best, not truth-telling signals as have been suggested by some.
    If I like the pin and the price, I will be contacting the seller and playing it by ear.
    -mof

Exactly, you can't rely on those words in an ad any more than you can the words "in great shape". When I see a bunch of wear around the inserts, the seller's definition of "great shape" and mine differ greatly.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-true-meaning-of-the-terms-firm-and-obo?tu=wayout440 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.