1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by phil-lee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

This Gottlieb Atlantis was posted on Central NJ CL for $400. The seller had an overwhelming number of responses, and decided to put the 8 or so of us in a group message bidding war. I believe the machine has now risen in price again. I wanted to share this with all of you, as I am glad to have experienced something like this in my lifetime. I know someone will eventually buy this machine, but I hope whoever it is doesn’t pay more than what they were originally asking. Definitely made my week.

Link: cnj.craigslist.org link

Jack

#2 1 year ago

What is the proper etiquette when telling this dude to get fkd?

#3 1 year ago

As soon as a seller starts trying to bounce around to potential buyers saying others are offering more, I'm out. I'm not going to participate in a blind/secret auction.

It happens occasionally. Someone puts up a game lower than market value, and they get flooded and get wise to the idea people might be willing to pay more for it.

Sometimes the seller just goes with the first person who commits to it, sometimes it develops into a race (whoever can get there first gets the game), sometimes an auction. Welcome to craigslist. It's only been getting worse with sources for project games drying up.

#4 1 year ago

I saw this ad this morning, never heard back from seller, figured it was gone....

#5 1 year ago

We had one in Michigan and he told all potential buyers to come pick it up Saturday between 6-8. I was busy that day but I heard 3 or 4 guys showed up.first guy got it and the rest wasted their time thinking they were getting a new machine.

#6 1 year ago

I have an Atlantis in the marketplace for sale or trade.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from JAG94:

This Gottlieb Atlantis was posted on Central NJ CL for $400. The seller had an overwhelming number of responses, and decided to put the 8 or so of us in a group message bidding war. I believe the machine has now risen in price again. I wanted to share this with all of you, as I am glad to have experienced something like this in my lifetime. I know someone will eventually buy this machine, but I hope whoever it is doesn’t pay more than what they were originally asking. Definitely made my week.
    Link: cnj.craigslist.org link
    Jack

Would have been a hell of a road trip for you.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

We had one in Michigan and he told all potential buyers to come pick it up Saturday between 6-8. I was busy that day but I heard 3 or 4 guys showed up.first guy got it and the rest wasted their time thinking they were getting a new machine.

This (almost) happened to me recently. I saw an ad for "arcade games" with an F14 in the picture. After a few messages he tells me "all games will be for sale Saturday at 9am" with still not saying how much he wants for it. Sometimes you just gotta let them go - not worth the headache/time or the hassle.

#9 1 year ago

I called at 7am and left a message being I'm 15 minutes away. Called back at 5pm and left a message and saw the price jump to 500. On the other thread I see someone posted it has sold. I just texted the seller and asked if 1K would buy it so I can tell him I don't want it. Already have one but when they are priced right and so close I could have hooked up a friend. Sell got greedy.

#10 1 year ago

I was part of that ridiculous bidding war for the fun of it. It sucked since it started at $300 and I had to be one of the first responders.

$600 took it and no I wasn't me. At least I got a laugh out of the whole thing.

#11 1 year ago

He answered and told me it sold for 600 "In one day".

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    € 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    € 279.00
    € 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 249.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 17.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 199.95
    Cabinet - Toppers
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 17.99
    Playfield - Decals
    Lermods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 38.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 126.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Whitewater pinball mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside