Topic Stats

• 89 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by dgpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which game is the hardest? Please take ball times, shots, scoring etc into consideration.”

• The Shadow 31 votes
    15%
  • Iron Man 42 votes
    20%
  • BSD 47 votes
    22%
  • RBION 15 votes
    7%
  • X-Men 9 votes
    4%
  • Fish Tales 12 votes
    6%
  • F-14 24 votes
    11%
  • The Avengers 12 votes
    6%
  • EMs 21 votes
    10%

(213 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN2415.JPG
DSCN2412.JPG
DSCN2411.JPG
There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Looking for nominees for the hardest pin out there. Not necessarily hardest to finish but just to play/score on. I'll start a poll after we get a few solid nominees. Let me be first by nominating The Shadow.

#2 10 years ago

No good golfers.

#4 10 years ago

IM by FAR,

Some others would be Dracula and Fish Tales (for me).

-Wes

#5 10 years ago

4 Queens

#6 10 years ago

Shadow

F-14

#7 10 years ago

Feel free to link your games so I don't get all the linkage karma.

#8 10 years ago

Shadow Def. Ranks high. BSD as well. Kick my arse all the time.

#9 10 years ago

Big Daddy is the hardest to score on that I own. If you can get to 1000 pts on a three ball game, then you are doing pretty darn good. If your entire game lasts more than a minute, again you are doing good.

I can put half a billion on a Shadow easy.

#10 10 years ago

are we taking into account if the game has a tipping point before scoring becomes easier? BSD is a bitch to get going, but you get a couple multilballs going and you've just tripled your score at the very least. fish tales also seems like once you get it past 50-60 million, the points start flowing more easily.

#11 10 years ago

I had a Doodle Bug and it was hard to get the doodle bug built up and running. plus it had no drain lanes. a behind the flipper ball was possible.

#13 10 years ago

Limiting it to DMD:

Shadow

BSD (with Lightning flippers)

IM

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

No good golfers.

You serious, Clark?

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from dementedwarlok:

it had no drain lanes.

Check out this "drain" lane.
DSCN2411.JPGDSCN2411.JPG

#16 10 years ago

RollerCoaster Tycoon. Really the only thing that gets your scores way up is Park Tycoon, so be prepared for lots of grinding.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Check out this "drain" lane.

DSCN2411.JPG 159 KB

my bad drain to flippers

#18 10 years ago

IM or BBH for stern. Ripley's is tough to score as well.

#19 10 years ago

my bad drain to flippers

I understood. I have played Doodle Bug. I like that they added posts behind the flippers for Klondike. No cradling allowed on Doodle Bug.

#20 10 years ago

2nd for Ripleys!

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I understood. I have played Doodle Bug. I like that they added posts behind the flippers for Klondike. No cradling allowed on Doodle Bug.

i loved doodle bug its a challenge to keep the ball moving all the time. glad i sold it to a family member i can visit it any time

#22 10 years ago

yeah, actually completing a mode is a challenge.

#23 10 years ago

its a challenge to keep the ball moving all the time.

That's the way I always play. Whenever possible.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

IM or BBH for stern. Ripley's is tough to score as well.

I forgot about BBH. Good call on that one. Ball times are as short as IM.

#25 10 years ago

Big Daddy, not so big score. I watched Nimblepin play this machine for hours nonstop one night before he finally cracked 1000. Then he was done. For the night. It takes some serious nudging just to keep the ball in play.
This is why it is my nominee. He's coming back this evening. I'll let you know how it goes.
DSCN2412.JPGDSCN2412.JPG

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 10 years ago

surprised no one has mentioned TSPP. i think that game is tough as fuck.

#27 10 years ago

I know it's not a favorite but has anyone completed IJ4?

#28 10 years ago

I agree with Shadow, TSPP, and RBION. very hard games!

#29 10 years ago

At least 30 games on Big Daddy between the three of us tonight. High score- 657. My last game I was rocking ball one to the tune of 409 points. Then tilt. Game over.

#30 10 years ago

isn't WOZ supposed to be really low scoring? haven't played it enough to really get a feel for the scoring, so not sure if just low scoring or if i just haven't figured out the power shots....

also, is the 4th reel on big daddy supposed to be painted over? does it have a 4th reel?!?!

#31 10 years ago

Stern = IM, Haven't played enough BBH or RBION to say if they are worse.
DE = JP kicks my butt. Never played Tommy though
B/W = BSD. I don't find Shadow near as hard. Corvette is tough too.
Pinbot and Cyclone for the alpha-numerics.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Dommer:

isn't WOZ supposed to be really low scoring? haven't played it enough to really get a feel for the scoring, so not sure if just low scoring or if i just haven't figured out the power shots....

also, is the 4th reel on big daddy supposed to be painted over? does it have a 4th reel?!?!

WOZ is a low scoring game. But with perseverance you can crank it up a bit and get a decent score.

You can throw perseverance out the window on Big Daddy. The stars must align on the night of o full moon to beat that machine. But nobody has. The object is to hit 10 different numbers to light Special. And I have not seen all ten hit yet in one game.

When you get to 1000, there is a light behind the 1. That bulb should last forever.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

I agree with Shadow, TSPP, and RBION. very hard games!

Tspp isn't hard, unless you are talking about beating alien invasion, then for me it's thus far been impossible. Getting there isn't too bad. If you are talking about wizard modes, lotr is probably the toughest around = Valinor!

In terms of scoring, RBION is stingy with points, a score of 40-50 million is a very good game.

#34 10 years ago

Toughest is subjective, and I don't think the numerical score value from machine to machine can be factored in. Layout wise XMENLE/XMEN is one of the toughest of the modern games to hit the shots. When you get better at it after some practice, its still tough, yet satisfying.

#35 10 years ago

The hardest pin needs to be assessed in terms of score in many of the earliest games. The other criteria should possibly be total completion of all modes that have been set in the game.(ie. to complete Atlantis on RBION). There may be other categories that others may use for evaluation purposes.

#36 10 years ago

I think the only way to really answer this question is ball times. Which game has the shortest ball times?

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I think the only way to really answer this question is ball times. Which game has the shortest ball times?

For modern games, Iron Man, BSD and F-14.

For older games, many many EMs.

#38 10 years ago

Those zipper flipper Em's are tough.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Looking for nominees for the hardest pin out there. Not necessarily hardest to finish but just to play/score on. I'll start a poll after we get a few solid nominees. Let me be first by nominating The Shadow.

RBION. It's brutal and I love it. Of course STTNG is up there as well.

#40 10 years ago

I agree with RBION and BSD.

#41 10 years ago

Poll added, wish I had ten spots I would have added STTNG

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Dungeons & Dragons. My lowest score ever was in the 4000 range. Never played that game again.

#43 10 years ago

Difficulty TS, AV, XM

Depth TSPP, RBION

It is my newest addition but I really like the challenge and all the things going on with TS. Excellent game. Firm believer that if this pin was made out of a blockbuster movie title it would be top tier A list game!

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Poll added, wish I had ten spots I would have added STTNG

I was unable to vote in your poll, because even though Big Daddy is an EM, there are other EMs that are very easy to score on, such as Williams Grand Prix. I thought I made a pretty good case for it though.

#45 10 years ago

Sorry o-din... Maybe we should start another thread with strictly EMs. I played a bunch that I thought were really ball busting.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Dommer:

surprised no one has mentioned TSPP. i think that game is tough as fuck.

Makes my BSD look like a child's game! TSPP is just so stupid hard. I love the art and thought into it, but I am just not good enough to play the thing. My vote is TSPP without a doubt!

#47 10 years ago

ACDC (unforgiving drain monster, TNT targets are death hits and of course the cannon, shoot the target banks causes uncontrolled side drains, shoot the bell equals SDTC drains then equals a few less than gentleman like words to be said)
and Shadow (anytime I tried to play it, I just walk away disgusted after 1 or 2 games)

#48 10 years ago

IM definitely ... but it's also one of the most fun in this list (second only to X-Men IMO.)

#49 10 years ago

Of that list; I've owned IM RBION XMEN AVengers and have extensive time on FT.

That said, my vote is RBION with IM very closely behind.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Sorry o-din... Maybe we should start another thread with strictly EMs. I played a bunch that I thought were really ball busting.

A lot of them really are. No ball save, game ending on a tilt, etc. Most of the DMD games you have listed, including STTNG, which I have, are a cake walk, relatively speaking. But I do realize a lot of people haven't spent much time playing these older machines, which might make the newer ones seem difficult.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-toughest/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.