Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jorro
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

buttare (resized).jpg
    20190121_191017 (resized).jpg
    WilliamHowardTaft01 (resized).jpg
    9BD6B268-E9B3-4C95-9101-B9138B0B1259.jpeg

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago

"Solid state pinball machines are primarily computerised, older games are called 'manual' " WTF!

What a shit video

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

I hope to play a TAF pinball at Allentown...
    [quoted image]

Hahaha funny stuff! I was cringing every time she called it TAF pinball.

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

Vocal fry. The whole video is unwatchable for me with her voice.
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=vocal%20fry

It sounds digital to me, what do you guys think?

John

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nepi23:

I know there has been a thread and discussion about rarity of pinball machines, but has anyone tried to make a top-10 "probably most expensive pinball machines of the world"? We could try to make a better list. I would not include homebrew on the list at all.
    Here's my take on it, please correct it, so we get a better end-result:
    Kingpin
    Magic Girl
    Loch Ness
    Supreme
    King Kong
    Bing Bang Bar
    Big Lebowski
    Cactus Canyon
    Pinball Circus
    Krull

I thought I read somewhere once upon a time that there was a Richie Rich that was pretty expensive?

#55 5 years ago

I own two of the top 10! Who says you can't make money in pinball?

The most ridiculous thing I've seen on the subject of pinball value since the time Mike from American Pickers tried to claim Atari's Superman was the most valuable machine on earth

#56 5 years ago

Source?
    https://worthly.com/most-expensive/pinball-machine-punball/

30 seconds in I knew the video would be clickbait shite when they describe pinball as a game where a person manipulates steel rods to move a ball around a glass case.

#57 5 years ago

These lazy bastards! There is quite literally a picture of my basement in this video. That's my old Attack From Mars and Star Trek at the 2:43 second mark. The creators stole their content from Youtube, Craigslist, and Facebook. I don't really care, but my old pin made it into a top 10 video!

20190121_191017 (resized).jpg20190121_191017 (resized).jpg
    #58 5 years ago

“The Addams Family Diamond International Edition”?

They must have made those after they made the Gold editions.....

#59 5 years ago

All future billionaires spend their time watching collated list youtube videos.

Kudos to Alux for knowing their target demographic so intimately.

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

These lazy bastards! There is quite literally a picture of my basement in this video. That's my old Attack From Mars and Star Trek at the 2:43 second mark. The creators stole their content from Youtube, Craigslist, and Facebook. I don't really care, but my old pin made it into a top 10 video!
    [quoted image]

#61 5 years ago

The Jetsons pinball is considered an "antique"???

#62 5 years ago

This is a practical joke from either VID or Lloyd. They have our number. Brilliantly done.

#63 5 years ago

But you heard it here guys,
    From this day on ....sterns are worth more because they're sterns!

#64 5 years ago

I haven't seen anything pinball related that was this cringeworthy since "Pinballers."

#65 5 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I haven't seen anything pinball related that was this cringeworthy since "Pinballers."

Enlighten me? Pinballers?

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from jorro:

Enlighten me? Pinballers?

There was a sizzle reel made of a pinball "reality show". If I remember correctly, it was five guys competing for pinball deals. The highlight was when they "found" a KISS pinball machine in a dumpster. It's since been scrubbed from the internet but here's a link to one of the Pinside threads.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballers-1/page/12

#67 5 years ago

Wow this is amazingly bad. O_o

#68 5 years ago

Damn ! A post where everybody seems to be in agreement. No "go take a hike" posts at all.

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

There was a sizzle reel made of a pinball "reality show". If I remember correctly, it was five guys competing for pinball deals. The highlight was when they "found" a KISS pinball machine in a dumpster. It's since been scrubbed from the internet but here's a link to one of the Pinside threads.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballers-1/page/12

A few years ago a producer and film crew came to OKC to film a few of us operators competing with each other for business and some antics interacting with each other. We never got very far because none of us wanted to be the bad guy and especially none of us wanted to go into detail about money, collections, filling ATMs, have a camera show where our shops were etc.

I guess it started because that producer was in Vegas and heard a few of us bragging and talking shit on each other while we had been drinking for 2 straight days. He started asking us questions only to contact us a few months later and disclose his identity.

I still think the reason we didn’t get a show was because we’re not as funny sober!

#70 5 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

[quoted image]

Copyright strike them

1 week later
    #71 5 years ago

That was truly atrocious

#72 5 years ago
    Quoted from cletus:

I think this video was created by a computationally-challenged AI and narrated by a force-retired phone sex worker.

Post of the month, right there.

#73 5 years ago

At the end of the day, any of these cheesy reports still help pinball, IMHO.
    I just checked, I joined pinside in July 2011 and was pinsider 6607, Robin is 1001, starting 11/2002, now pinside has 56000 members!
    So 5500 new members from 2002 to 2011, but another almost 50000 since 2011. Nice!
    Btw, good job to administrators, even with the occasional soap opera, this site is fantastic and immamaculate and standing on good legs.

#74 5 years ago
    Quoted from bladerunner:

At the end of the day, any of these cheesy reports still help pinball, IMHO.
    I just checked, I joined pinside in July 2011 and was pinsider 6607, Robin is 1001, starting 11/2002, now pinside has 56000 members!
    So 5500 new members from 2002 to 2011, but another almost 50000 since 2011. Nice!
    Btw, good job to administrators, even with the occasional soap opera, this site is fantastic and immamaculate and standing on good legs.

Sure does, even bad pinball... is pinball

#75 5 years ago
    Quoted from bladerunner:

Another almost 50,000 Pinside members since 2011.

But remember that a least half of those are Kaneda aliases.

#76 5 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

But remember that a least half of those are Kaneda aliases.

#77 5 years ago

"the TAF..."

So The The Addams Family?

#79 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

What is duckbutter

buttare (resized).jpgbuttare (resized).jpg
    ?

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-top-10-most-expensive-pinball-machines-in-the-world/page/2?hl=niterider and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.