Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Fredeez
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hi all. Thanks to pinsider Marc_b, we have finally gotten our hands on a set of blinders for DE Tommy. We're having a company scan them and make reproductions. With a little luck, we're hoping to be able to have copies available in a few months.

Sadly, while we have a Tommy, and a board to drive the blinders, we do not have the remaining mounting assembly and the crank. Some tech threw them away ages ago. Is there anyone out there who would be willing to lend us their assembly for a while? We'll return it when we're done testing, and give you some finished blinders in return.

#2 5 years ago

Awesome offer and awesome news for lots of Tommy owners!!!

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from CadillacMusic:

Hi all. Thanks to pinsider Marc_b, we have finally gotten our hands on a set of blinders for DE Tommy. We're having a company scan them and make reproductions. With a little luck, we're hoping to be able to have copies available in a few months.
Sadly, while we have a Tommy, and a board to drive the blinders, we do not have the remaining mounting assembly and the crank. Some tech threw them away ages ago. Is there anyone out there who would be willing to lend us their assembly for a while? We'll return it when we're done testing, and give you some finished blinders in return.

Hope you get what you are looking for Lisa if you have any issues I would be glad to offer help in fabrication or whatever you need

#4 5 years ago

I think we could fabricate the crank and mount ourselves, but I'd hate to have it work on our mount and not on the ones from the factory. I just wish I could smack whoever threw 'em away.

#5 5 years ago

Schweet! Sign me up for a set. My Tommy is missing everything...suppose I should start tracking the board/servo parts down...

#6 5 years ago

Great news! I know I'm missing the board but I'm not sure what else..will have to look when I get home.

#7 5 years ago

Well, now we have a prototype of the repros...and nothing to test them on. Begging once again for an assembly, or even someone willing to test these out on their own Tommy. Anyone?

#8 5 years ago

I would be willing to test and photo/summarize the results. I really do not wish to send parts of my machine out for obvious reasons (wee bit worried, plus my wife and I play all our pins almost every day).

#9 5 years ago

Todd Tuckey did a video recently where they made a PCB for the blinders and mentioned possibly making a run of them.

#10 5 years ago

Where are you located, BlackRabbit? I get not wanting to send your parts out. I just don't want to have to ship these halfway across the world and back every time they need adjusted.

#11 5 years ago

I am in Michigan outside Detroit.

#12 5 years ago

I am north of Madison Wi, and would be willing to trial them if BlackRabbit is unable.

1 month later
#13 5 years ago

I would definitely be up for a set of these when they become available.

2 weeks later
#14 5 years ago

Hi does anybody know if there is any news or updates on the production of these as yet?

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside