Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Should be on soon

#2 10 years ago

Thanks for the heads up. Just turned the tv on and caught it. Sad that I check pinside before the news on a sunday morning.

#3 10 years ago

Well that was a little to fluffy.

#4 10 years ago

Thanks for the heads up - just caught it! AWESOME exposure.

In the studio, they had a WOZ "red" edition, Addams Family (Lester Holt playing!), and Lord of the Rings.

Lester asked the boy if he has to plunge all the way to launch the ball, the boy said no, he doesn't have to and explained he could try for the skill shot!

Nice job by that young man!

-Brannon

#5 10 years ago

Really cool exposure for pinball. I think they kept it interesting for their viewing audience too. They probably could have mentioned that not ALL machines sell for $5,000 to $20,000 and that people can buy a machine for their home with less than a grand. I really liked their choice of machines for their studio, made my morning.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from badpenny61:

Well that was a little to fluffy.

That's what I thought too. The exposure is nice, but there wasn't much info. They didn't even get IFPA's name right.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

That's what I thought too. The exposure is nice, but there wasn't much info. They didn't even get IFPA's name right.

I'm glad I bought my pins before they went up to $5000 & $20000.

#8 10 years ago

Sounds familiar. Everything cycles and comes back in style.

Today Show from 1990's-Pinball making a comeback....

#9 10 years ago

Glad to see young kids mastering and teaching the technique to a middle age woman The segment was great, they may have scared some people with the 5000-20,000 dollar price tags though. Either way it was good to see mainstream media intrest in pinball.

#10 10 years ago

That ruby red Wizzard of OZ is amazing looking even on TV! Someday I hope to own one

#11 10 years ago

<object width="420" height="245" id="msnbc275b4b" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=10,0,0,0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" /><param name="FlashVars" value="launch=53836248&width=420&height=245" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><embed name="msnbc275b4b" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" width="420" height="245" FlashVars="launch=53836248&width=420&height=245" allowscriptaccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object><p style="font-size:11px; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #999; margin-top: 5px; background: transparent; text-align: center; width: 420px;">Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy</p>

#12 10 years ago

I can't find it on my cable system. Did I miss it? Will someone post it here please.

#14 10 years ago

cool, thanks for posting the link. it is a little soft but at least its exposure.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Sounds familiar. Everything cycles and comes back in style.

Today Show from 1990's-Pinball making a comeback....

Thanks for posting this...

#17 10 years ago

Good spot. More for entertainment, than information. For the hosts, it must be terrible for them when 2 kids can make you look bad.

#18 10 years ago

Since the story said "A restored pinball machine sells for anywhere between $5k and $20k" I'm going to offer my restored Spanish Eyes for $4750.00 as a Christmas special.

I think what the story missed is that a restored pinball machine [at Modern Pinball in NYC] sells for between $5k and 20k.

Nice story though. Good to see JJP being able to supply WoZRRLE for teevee exposure.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-today-show-doing-a-spot-this-morning-on-the-comeback-of-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.