Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by badbilly27
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images-2.jpeg
    IMG_2385.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 12 years ago

Dave, don't give up. (This goes to anyone buying a Pin)You need to first of all :

1) Ideally- Buy a Pin which you have played before, and know you have fun with it first,
    before buying it. And Hopefully- The Pin you played was in great shape and it
    was set up correctly (more on this later).

If you buy a Pin , site unseen or not played before, it's like buying a car, you never drove before.
    So, chances are pretty high one may not like it so much.

Then remember, when you buy the same Pin, your not (usually) buying the same Pin you
    played on , but buying it from the mass market.

2) Once you get YOUR Pin (Not the one you played, the one you bought) HOME,

You NEED to MAKE SURE IT IS SET UP CORRECTLY .!!

Pinball machines have got to be Leveled properly, IF not , they will play way too fast,
    and will be drain monsters.!!

And I don't know of one person who likes a drain monster.!! And don't forget Left and right
    leveling as well.

Next, make sure the rubber is new, or semi- in good condition, old, sluggish rubbers,
    will make the game play slow..
    Did you know that Black rubber is made of a denser material than white rubbers? Meaning Black rubber's make your games play slower, bounces will be significantly less....Making a switch could make your Pin play like a WHOLE nother game...

Even cleaning your playfield, pinballs, rubbers, ramps, loops, etc... can make a HUGE difference in performance.

Did you know you can "tweak" Pop bumpers, slingshots, targets, etc, to either be more sensitive or less sensitive..?

The MORE sensitive it is tweak, the faster the game, The less sensitive, the slower the game.

And one of the MOST IMPORTANT, but I think the most over-looked IMO, is the proper
    alignment of FLIPPERS.....!!!!!!!

Flipper's have GOT to be aligned properly, or you just cannot realize the FULL potential

of gameplay, The engineers/designers created the Flippers to be in exact spots on the playfield,

so either read your manual, or adjust them yourself, until you FEEL you got it.

Anyway, I am sure there are more things, but I think those are the most important.

And Dave, until you have got "Lost in The Zone", I would wait....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-thrill-is-gone?tu=wizman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.