(Topic ID: 114588)

The Three Stooges Pinball

By PlayPin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Stooges Pinball-995.jpg
    The Three Stooges.PNG
    fosho.jpeg
    Stooges Pinball Virtual.jpg
    moe moe moe.jpg
    tumblr_ma5fqhBieM1rctyxno1_500.gif
    thumbdown.jpg
    anyone-bueller.jpg
    inconceivable.jpg
    CurlyHoward.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PlayPin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Why has nobody ever used this theme? Its a no brainer! CurlyHoward.jpgCurlyHoward.jpg

Its just...inconceivable.jpginconceivable.jpg

...that NOBODY EVER used this theme? anyone-bueller.jpganyone-bueller.jpg

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

that theme would make wrestlemania seem like BBB...

Oh....a wise guy eh?

thumbdown.jpg 6 KB

Quoted from sbmania:

PLEASE let JJP do it, so it would get done right!!

Agreed, JJP could make this into a masterpiece! So much content use from the movies available its almost unlimited. Could have 100 different modes easily using various Stooge episodes. I think the possible sound effects would be priceless. Someone said this theme is no longer relevant(quoting the recent remake) but I disagree. I think that movie bombed for other reasons than theme. How can anything compare to the original? If JJP was doing this I would pay in advance and patiently wait in line(if necessary)...like so many others have for WOZ and The Hobbit.

I saw that, pretty amazing. I can't believe people are making 'one of a kinds" like that. That is some serious determination and skill.

Quoted from PW79:

Agreed
    They could make 3 LE's
    Despite my Avatar I'd prolly choose larry

I would throw down for the LE without a doubt no matter who makes it. I love your Avatar.

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

That was me. Look, I love the Stooges - but they're absolutely not relevant anymore. Most people are unaware of them and many people don't like them or find them funny. Women generally don't seem to like them at all! They're icons of a bygone era, and their fanbase is too niche. JJP's theme choices seem to try to take into account the broadest possible audience....men, women, children & international awareness. The Stooges audience is very limited. If they were to do a comedy theme, it would most likely be something internationally known with appeal to the whole family.

Most people are unaware of them? I must be getting old! Women generally don't seem to like them...I have to agree with you there. Seems like WOZ could be but under the label bygone era. I think many niche themes have been made with success. We are overdue for a good comedy theme pinball. Personally I think the Stooges are timeless classics. Sort of like Coke a Cola, Hershey bars, or Rock N Rolla. Maybe these aren't the best analogies but....

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I knew WOZ would come up. Sure, WOZ is as old as the Stooges - but its scope is bigger & it's more "evergreen". WOZ is always gaining new fans throughout the generations...but Stooges seems to be dwindling and only resonates with a certain older male generation. When I was a kid in the 80s, 3 Stooges was still being syndicated on TV with old Looney Tunes and Popeye cartoons....so they were still kind of "mainstream". Those things have now been relegated to oddball cable channels. It's just a different era. Old TV stuff has faded away a bit ....but movies on the other hand carry a bit more cache and get more exposure. WOZ is still all over the place. Stooges are a bit hidden.

I hear you and you probably have some good points. I still think the Stooges could surprise you if it was made well. And it could be a masterpiece in the hands of JJP in spite of all their delivery troubles.

Quoted from ccotenj:

no... you ARE old...
    being old myself, i can relate... but he's right... the q factor of "the three stooges" is rather low for anyone under 40...

WHY YOU!!! DOH!! Oops wrong movie....Knuck Knuck Knuck

Quoted from PW79:

There are two flaws in your theory
    1. Wizard of Oz is stupid
    2. Three Stooges are awesome
    Anyway even though JJP is a train wreck with deadlines they are absolutely who I'd want working on the title.

Well Put! Ha Ha Ha! Now take that you Knuckle head!

Quoted from Fulltilt:

I would BUY THIS NOW, sight unseen.
    Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard Multiball!
    » YouTube video

Awesome, now thats the spirit! Hear Hear! (whoops wrong spelling...knuck knuck)

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinFun:

Two Chicago Expo's ago, I had a great conversation about a Three Stooges Pinball machine with Dennis Nordman. Should Dennis decide to design one, I would think either JJP or Stern could make it happen.

To quote AFM: OH BABY!!! Dennis would be the bomb! I mean that in the best possible way. Like Huge, Collossal, Gigantic, Hip, Radical, Boss, or maybe Sick for those young whipper snappers here...heh heh. Seriously that would be almost too good to be true. Designed by Dennis N. and built by JJP this could be EPIC! I mean probably my all time grail pinball.. FO SHO.fosho.jpegfosho.jpeg

#31 9 years ago

Some Stooges Fan I turn out to be...misspelled knuck knuck(kyuk kyuk).

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

I think the proper spelling is actually "nyuk."

Well aint that just...Gosh D____!!! Insert some swear words here ___ ___!!! I think you are correct....thanks

Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Hey, a good pinball is a good pinball - arguments that The Stooges are not viable makes no sense.
    Kids interested in comedy are going to discover The Stooges; kids interested in pinball would be exposed to Stoogedom after playing the pin. Hell, I never watched Baywatch, but gave it a curious look on YouTube after playing the game......saw the direct tie-in between the theme song and opening credits and the start of the pinball game and the DMD animation, etc......
    I'd wager that the majority of pinball players (based on who I see at the conventions) are exactly the right age to know and love the Stooges - Males in their 40'- 50's.
    True, women don't usually take to the Stooges, but I would again wager that the female pinball buying quotient is relatively smaller.
    Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk -
    Nate

Some good points here. I think especially the point that most pinball players(and buyers) are male and probably the perfect age to appreciate the Stooges. The fact that many women don't appreciate the Stooges is probably moot.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PlayPin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-three-stooges-pinball?tu=PlayPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.