(Topic ID: 14199)

The things that happen on the goodbye game!

By pintastic

12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by lpeters82
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

I have a buyer coming to get my STTNG tomorrow evening. Hoping to help out, I offered to have it folded, shrink wrapped and ready to go because its going to be a late evening pickup. So, I figure I'll get in that one last game before it gets prepped and ready to go. 3rd ball and an ugly problem arises! Ball wont kick out and goes into ball search and just keeps doing it. Oh my God! Really?? Ok, hopefully its just a dirty opto so I get out the Q-tips and alcohol and go to town. Clean them all and no luck! Unbelievable. Im rehearsing calling the buyer to say theres a problem by this time. Keep going in and out of switch test and go into solenoid test and run it. There it is! All solenoids firing except bottom popper! Check it out, wiring good, no visual problems. Get out the DMD and start probing. 73 V on one side of lug and 9 on the other.....WTF? So I probe again and accidentally moved the wire that winds into the lugs. TADA! Wire looked fine but was broken where it wound into the bottom of the lug. Feed back in and resolder wire and life is good! Ive read a few posts before about silly things happening when people show up to see a game or when people show up to buy a game but this is a first for me. Ive put a few more games on to make sure its working properly but just had a nice stressful hour or so.......Alls well that ends well but whew! Kind of scared me there for a little bit.

#2 12 years ago

Nice save! Yes, that is nerve racking. Good job keeping your cool. Murphy's law always sets in.

#3 12 years ago

Haha nice save. That's one of those "any @#$#%# time but now!"

#4 12 years ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

Murphy's law always sets in.

I was thinking the same thing. Game has been flawless for me and on the very last ball of the last game.....Upside is, it was found and fixed before buyer got it home and discovered a game that's supposed to be 100% working, isnt!

#5 12 years ago

very thoughtfull. I would buy a pin from you pintastic...when your ready to sell your sttng..i'm ready.

#6 12 years ago

That is pretty stressful thoughts of things going wrong always seem to enter my mind right before a sale or trade. Glad to hear you got it fixed quickly!

#8 12 years ago

I had a similar issue with an X-Men arcade game. I was playing it one last time and the sound went out. I tried to call right away, but the buyer was already on his way. I just offered a discount and he accepted. I still felt really bad, but there really wasn't anything I could have done differently.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-things-that-happen-on-the-goodbye-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.