Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EP73 Lyman Sheats (resized).jpg
4793033 (resized).jpg
untitled (resized).png
ls1 (resized).jpg
4f9b62bb1c88d (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider J85M.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Following the surprise updates we saw earlier this year/late last year for AC/DC & TWD and more recently for Metallica that dropped the other day, all while code for BM66 has been getting pumped out to awesome effect, I thought it would be a nice gesture to create a thread where we can all simply say thank you to one of the most dedicated guys working in the industry.

We all know various people from Stern browse and read Pinside, so hopefully Lyman and all those that are part of his code team see this thread, so let’s show some pinside positivity for a change and our appreciation as a community, especially as we move towards the festive period of the year, let’s keep this positive and avoid bashing others.

Let’s start this with a big thank you Lyman to you and your team, for your continued commitment in going above and beyond and continuing to make some of the best games in pinball even better, time and time again!

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah this will never go two pages.
“Bitch about all the code lyman hasn’t done yet that we’ve demanded” is a sure 5-pager.

It would be a pretty poor showing if we couldn’t get a much needed positive thread like this over 2 pages.

Especially when the Beatles reveal thread managed 7 pages of pure bitching and moaning before anyone had even seen or played the actual game.

There’s clearly a lot of love and appreciation for Lyman and those that help him drop surprise updates along with production updates, just nice to show it collectively as pinside could do with some positivity.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

An absolute asset to this hobby!!!!
Huge thanks and appreciation....mark

Nice to see you drop by Mark, I know us BM66 owners are more thankful to Lyman than most, he saved that game and gave us one of the best pins yet imo.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

And then there is Dwight
Jeezus man uh GB , remember

Let’s try and keep it positive dude, like I said in my OP, let’s keep it positive and avoid bashing other coders.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

For 20 years when people would see my collection and say "Which one is your favorite?" I would always reply "Oh, they're like my kids, I love them all..."
Now I say "Batman 66."
Thanks Lyman.

For a long time it was TRON (which Lyman had his hand in tweaking the code) mainly because of how much my son loved seeing his name on the DMD but now it’s BM66 without hesitation.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Do you guys have any questions for Mr Lyman?
I mean I hope one day we can get him on the show. He doesn't often talk publicly. So ask away and I will add it to a list and maybe one day it *might* be answered.
-Ryan
Head2Head

I’d love to know what made him revisit AC/DC, TWD, MET all while doing BM66, I don’t tbink anyone would have complained if neither of those games got updates but to surprises us all with updates for what’s consider 3 of Sterns best and most complete games is truely impressive.

I’d also like to know what he feels is his best code to date? Is it one single game? Or certain parts and modes from a couple of games.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

Thanks Lyman for all of your dedication and hard work to make BM66 one of the greatest of all time!

You have two of Lymans best in your collection.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider J85M.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-thank-you-lyman-amp-co-thread?tu=J85M and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.