Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EP73 Lyman Sheats (resized).jpg
4793033 (resized).jpg
untitled (resized).png
ls1 (resized).jpg
4f9b62bb1c88d (resized).jpg

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Following the surprise updates we saw earlier this year/late last year for AC/DC & TWD and more recently for Metallica that dropped the other day, all while code for BM66 has been getting pumped out to awesome effect, I thought it would be a nice gesture to create a thread where we can all simply say thank you to one of the most dedicated guys working in the industry.

We all know various people from Stern browse and read Pinside, so hopefully Lyman and all those that are part of his code team see this thread, so let’s show some pinside positivity for a change and our appreciation as a community, especially as we move towards the festive period of the year, let’s keep this positive and avoid bashing others.

Let’s start this with a big thank you Lyman to you and your team, for your continued commitment in going above and beyond and continuing to make some of the best games in pinball even better, time and time again!

#2 5 years ago

Like I said in the Metallica thread, Lyman is the bomb dot com. No one is more dedicated to code and a great play experience at Stern, and he has the results to prove it. Hopefully he's mentoring one or more coders just as passionate as he is to keep his level of awesome at Stern in the future, but if not, I'll be fine with Robo-Lyman taking over for Bio-Lyman when the time comes to take up the mantle indefinitely.

#3 5 years ago

Abosolutely - we've been getting a huge number of code updates from lots of manufacturers lately. It's awesome!

Thanks to Lyman also for one of my top 3, Monster Bash!

#4 5 years ago

Thank you Stern Pinball! Keep up the good work!

#5 5 years ago

Thank you Stern for taking all my money!! cant wait for 2019.

#6 5 years ago

I wish that more of the posts on pinside were this positive. Thank you guys for making sweet games that I am unable to make myself. You add fun to the world, which is especially important during these times when it seems like everyone is trying to divide us. Pinball brings people together from all around the globe.

Have a safe, happy, and peaceful holiday season everyone. May you all find your grail pin for $1000

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Jerryuop:

I wish that more of the posts on pinside were this positive. Thank you guys for making sweet games that I am unable to make myself. You add fun to the world, which is especially important during these times when it seems like everyone is trying to divide us. Pinball brings people together from all around the globe.
Have a safe, happy, and peaceful holiday season everyone. May you all find your grail pin for $1000

All it takes is just starting one! . Life’s too short, right?

#8 5 years ago

Thank you Lyman. Our favourite games are coded by you, even the 90s BWs!

Pinball is alive and well at our place.

#9 5 years ago

If you have a Lyman pin, it’s almost guaranteed to have a great code.

It’s unbelievable that years later, he’s still tuning and adding to his games.

In the future, when he’s doing the coding for a new game, I’m almost always going to buy it.

He’s an incredible asset for pinball and Stern!

#10 5 years ago

It cannot be mentioned enough, but THANK YOU LYMAN for the dedication & passion you continue to put into your work.

They say you write these code updates for previous titles in your spare time, which makes it all the more impressive.

The pinball community (and especially owners of all your titles) couldn't be more grateful & excited when these updates drop!

Our fingers are still crossed that Ironman is the next surprise update on your list

#11 5 years ago

Thanks Lyman for making BM66 my all time favorite pin. I've been playing nonstop for the four months I've had it and I always discover something new.

#12 5 years ago

Yeah this will never go two pages.

“Bitch about all the code lyman hasn’t done yet that we’ve demanded” is a sure 5-pager.

#13 5 years ago

All my pins in my current collection are Lyman's.....love your coding

#14 5 years ago

I agree with the others here, thanks a lot Lyman for your hard work, creative thinking, and perseverance. BM66 is now my favorite pin by far, and nearly all that I play lately. Presently, it's sandwiched in between a MM, TWD, and a gap where a new MB will soon be placed. Oddly, all of those games are linked to this thread for some reason.

#15 5 years ago

Let’s also give credit where credit is due, as I was told Lonnie did the Aerosmith update practically all by himself, which is not like him and now is such an excellent playing experience. Great job there.

#16 5 years ago

How much is Lyman really worth to Stern? They better be paying that guy a shitload of $$$

Absent an absolutely horrible theme I'm buying every game he's on.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How much is Lyman really worth to Stern? They better be paying that guy a shitload of $$$

Yeah if only they had a plan to generate a shit ton of cash.

#18 5 years ago

They know he's a huge asset and always highlight when he's part of a game. Have no fear when Lyman is on code!

#19 5 years ago

Thank you Lyman (and all at team Stern!)!

4f9b62bb1c88d (resized).jpg4f9b62bb1c88d (resized).jpg
#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Thank you Lyman (and all at team Stern!)![quoted image]

LOL. Killer meme photo

#21 5 years ago

Thank you Lyman! My BM66 Premium has blossomed into an exciting, challenging, deep and FUN game.

#22 5 years ago

Most definitely. Thank you Lyman !

LTG : )

#23 5 years ago

Thank you so much for your dedication !

#24 5 years ago

In Lyman we trust!

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah this will never go two pages.
“Bitch about all the code lyman hasn’t done yet that we’ve demanded” is a sure 5-pager.

It would be a pretty poor showing if we couldn’t get a much needed positive thread like this over 2 pages.

Especially when the Beatles reveal thread managed 7 pages of pure bitching and moaning before anyone had even seen or played the actual game.

There’s clearly a lot of love and appreciation for Lyman and those that help him drop surprise updates along with production updates, just nice to show it collectively as pinside could do with some positivity.

#26 5 years ago

An absolute asset to this hobby!!!!

Huge thanks and appreciation....mark

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

An absolute asset to this hobby!!!!
Huge thanks and appreciation....mark

Nice to see you drop by Mark, I know us BM66 owners are more thankful to Lyman than most, he saved that game and gave us one of the best pins yet imo.

#28 5 years ago

Lyman codeman sheats!!!

#29 5 years ago

Thank you Lyman and Stern!

#30 5 years ago

Lyman the legend strikes again!

Any rumors what he is working on next?

#31 5 years ago

I don't know when he's retiring but it will be a sad day in pinball when it happens. Thanks Lyman...

#32 5 years ago

Surely no coincidence the first 3 remakes are lyman coded. Thanks Lyman as an operator and reseller youve fed me well with your coded games.

#33 5 years ago

And then there is Dwight

Jeezus man uh GB , remember

#34 5 years ago

LYMAN. Managing new titles against existing titles sounds impossible for a software development team. Stern and Lyman, we're super impressed. Well done.

Also BM66 is the "gateway game" that seems to get my friends/family hooked on pinball, so holy crap, I'm in your debt!

#35 5 years ago

I met Lyman at Papa the first year I went. I thanked him then and I thank him again! Lyman, I am thanking you for your hard work and dedication! I am congratulating you on your genius! But also, thanks for chatting with me, a total stranger. Nice human too!

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

And then there is Dwight
Jeezus man uh GB , remember

Let’s try and keep it positive dude, like I said in my OP, let’s keep it positive and avoid bashing other coders.

#37 5 years ago

BM66 updates have been amazing! Great game and code

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Let’s try and keep it positive dude, like I said in my OP, let’s keep it positive and avoid bashing other coders.

Like you said hopefully they will read this .

#39 5 years ago

Lyman is legendary, you simply can't take anything away from the guy.
Now on the other hand, Who's fresh white new balances do people have to lick in order to get new GB code?

#40 5 years ago

LFS, you're the man!

#41 5 years ago

Lyman is the best! Lyman #1!

#42 5 years ago

Very kind gesture to continue to grind out code. Thanks Lyman!! I appreciate your service to the hobby.

#43 5 years ago

For 20 years when people would see my collection and say "Which one is your favorite?" I would always reply "Oh, they're like my kids, I love them all..."

Now I say "Batman 66."

Thanks Lyman.

#44 5 years ago

Lyman has added his magic to a number of machines that I've loved - I am glad to have enjoyed his talents as well! Thank you, Lyman! And thank you for keeping pinball alive - who knows what the newer machines would be like without him - and I think it's pretty cool that some of his originals (MM, MB) are getting remade!

#45 5 years ago

Thank you, Lyman!!

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

For 20 years when people would see my collection and say "Which one is your favorite?" I would always reply "Oh, they're like my kids, I love them all..."
Now I say "Batman 66."
Thanks Lyman.

For a long time it was TRON (which Lyman had his hand in tweaking the code) mainly because of how much my son loved seeing his name on the DMD but now it’s BM66 without hesitation.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Nice to see you drop by Mark, I know us BM66 owners are more thankful to Lyman than most, he saved that game and gave us one of the best pins yet imo.

Had a great night on BM66 last night...If only some of Lyman's brilliance could transfer from the flippers to my brain ( must play better, must play better)...this machine is addictive beyond belief. Soo glad that " in Lyman we trust" is one of the truest statements thrown around the forum.

I'll praise and curse him again tonight, when kids go shopping, and I tackle the game once again....

#48 5 years ago

Let-get-this-thread-to-2-pages thanksgiving bump!

#49 5 years ago

Do you guys have any questions for Mr Lyman?

I mean I hope one day we can get him on the show. He doesn't often talk publicly. So ask away and I will add it to a list and maybe one day it *might* be answered.

-Ryan
Head2Head

#50 5 years ago

You know Lyman....

I don’t throw this around a lot but...

You’re an American Pinball Hero. Thank you for the labor and time invested making our hobby greater than it should be.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 8.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
$ 26.50
6,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Decals
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Protection
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
Armor and blades
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-thank-you-lyman-amp-co-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.