Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,550 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by NicoVolta
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

f065c571-4d48-42b0-bb09-3c0eba12b3f0_e45adf5f6bc0c5c2a30a39868f44eab6 (resized).jpg
    19C29A43-E7DC-4936-A608-01E5A7E8BAC5 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    7FE4CBEA-7690-41A8-B236-48E4A0FCC6B9 (resized).jpeg
    maginot (resized).jpg
    coway6 (resized).jpg
    coway5 (resized).jpg
    coway4 (resized).jpg
    coway3 (resized).jpg
    coway2 (resized).jpg
    coway1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1298 3 (resized).jpg
    Untitled 43 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1196 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1074 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolv3.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1146 3 years ago

Hi all just thought I would weigh in on the UV debate. I was the one that supplied bcrage's UV air purifier. UV does kill covid but not all UV units are created equal. You will want to research before you buy one off the shelves of places like costco as there are hundreds of different products out there trying to cash in on the pandemic. We use Sanuvox products as they have a proven track record and have been in the UV business for 25 years.

UVC wavelengths are used to break down viruses and bacteria like Covid-19 the light from the UV lamp will actually break down the DNA strands of the virus causing it to loose its function to replicate in our bodies.

The Lamps we use in our products are in the shape of a J which allows it it increase the time that the air will contact the UV light. Our lamps are also positioned parallel to airflow which will increase the time that the light is making contact with the air.

Other UV manufacturers uses "stick lamps" and will position them perpendicular to the airflow which will greatly reduce the contact time and effectiveness.

Check out our website for more information on the UV process and the different products we offer. The units borage uses at Arkadium are the p900 model which may be ideal for most operators as it provides visibility to the customers. Optics are very important ease peoples apprehension about going into public places.

https://uvairos.com/index.php/p900-gx-commercial/

#1147 3 years ago

Here is a disinfection chart for the p900 unit I linked above. If you have any questions let me know.

Coronavirus Disinfection P900-S300-S1000.pdfCoronavirus Disinfection P900-S300-S1000.pdf
    1 month later
    #1239 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinmeds:

Here in Ottawa, they just shut down indoor dining again a few weeks ago, and the average daily high is now approaching 5C or 40F. Patios are still barely hanging on, but impossible to heat with two walls open which is required. After it drops below 60F, there aren't that many die-hards that come out.
    My concern, being in Canada, is the very low relative humidity (40% or lower indoors at room temperature), combined with closed heating systems in well insulated buildings, provides the perfect environment for respired aerosols to remain suspended in the dry air for prolonged periods and migrate through the entire area.
    My pre-pinball career was in Water Damage and Asbestos & Mold Remediation, where psychometry, containment, ventilation including positive and negative pressure differentials, particulate filtering, as well as PPE were my stock and trade, and following this thread I can't agree more about the main variable that must be maintained to provide any degree of actual (not just perceived) safety is maximum ventilation and constant fresh air. The amount of HEPA filtration required to make it safe in a fully closed system would cost far more to purchase, install, and operate than I would ever earn, and I'd still have to close as we are again mandated now even if I wanted to stay open. With regular flu season just about to kick in, I'm concerned the far more contagious Covid will really take off in restaurant/bar/arcade/barcade scenario in our climate.
    I've been closed since March and have repurposed my arcade into a retail showroom, repair facility, and parts store in anticipation that I will not open again until at least next summer, but hopefully further South you guys can keep going through the winter months. Best of luck to all!

You should look into UV purification. Way more effective than filtration for viruses and bacteria. Minimal upkeep costs as well UVairos.com or pm me for more info.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolv3.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-temporarily-closed-my-arcade-thread-?tu=wolv3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.