Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,550 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by NicoVolta
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

f065c571-4d48-42b0-bb09-3c0eba12b3f0_e45adf5f6bc0c5c2a30a39868f44eab6 (resized).jpg
    19C29A43-E7DC-4936-A608-01E5A7E8BAC5 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    7FE4CBEA-7690-41A8-B236-48E4A0FCC6B9 (resized).jpeg
    maginot (resized).jpg
    coway6 (resized).jpg
    coway5 (resized).jpg
    coway4 (resized).jpg
    coway3 (resized).jpg
    coway2 (resized).jpg
    coway1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1298 3 (resized).jpg
    Untitled 43 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1196 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1074 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolftownjeff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#946 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Well I am sad to report that weekend #1 of being open has been an abject disaster. Down 95% despite two news stories, advertising on Facebook. Taken proactive measures I’ve just reduced our prices back to levels we haven’t had since we first opened a couple of years ago and will see if that spurs anything. Even if we filled every spot at that price we would break even at best. Short of that if I keep bleeding cash 3 months from now with no end in site we will cash out now rather than dig in and endure even more debt for the foreseeable future. This was a hobby and when a hobby turns into a stress factory I’m out. I have more productive ways to make money in life in an enjoyable than stress inducing manner. I did this for the community (haven’t ever made a dime and that was never the point), but the community has sent the message back that they don’t need us anymore. That fine and I understand. But all the same driving to Walmart and Lowe’s and seeing the mass of humanity, much of it without facemasks or distancing of any sort, one has to wonder at what rationale is being applied here

This is Ward, using Jeff's account. I'm sorry to read that more folks haven't come out to support the arcade, but I imagine that most people (like me) are still afraid of catching the virus. (I have a niece who's been sick with it for over 60 days now.) If it would help, I'd be willing to pay for future admissions now -- maybe buy a punch card or something? -- and use them later, after a vaccine is available, etc. I think the arcade is a wonderful resource for Charlottesville and central Virginia, and I'd hate to see it disappear. Jeff supports me on this, and I imagine many others do, too. I appreciate all the precautions that you're taking in trying to reopen, but I'm still apprehensive enough -- mainly about the other people around me who might be asymptomatic -- that I'm still reluctant to return in person yet, though I did stop by for the DPL reopen on Thursday. If reopening now is not working out financially, is there any way you could get some kind of an abatement or suspension of the rent for the time being, close temporarily, and just wait a while longer to reopen until the outbreak settles down or a vaccine makes us old pinball fans brave enough to come back? I'm sure you'll have a flood of customers once everyone feels safe, but that may be a while yet. In the meantime, I'll buy a punch ticket for future admissions if that would help. WE LOVE DECADES!!

4 months later
    #1269 3 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

So many other ways it spreads masks don’t do much in my opinion. We all wear them in the U.K. and it did not stop the second wave at all. Only thing that stops it is to literally stop people leaving there houses.

They make all the difference in the world. Read something.

#1292 3 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

I’m not complaining and I have zero issue with wearing a mask, I’m just saying they don’t do as much as people think they do.

Wearing a mask protects the wearer — not just other people — from the coronavirus, the CDC emphasized in an updated report issued Tuesday.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolftownjeff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-temporarily-closed-my-arcade-thread-?tu=wolftownjeff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.