Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,550 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by NicoVolta
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

f065c571-4d48-42b0-bb09-3c0eba12b3f0_e45adf5f6bc0c5c2a30a39868f44eab6 (resized).jpg
    19C29A43-E7DC-4936-A608-01E5A7E8BAC5 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    7FE4CBEA-7690-41A8-B236-48E4A0FCC6B9 (resized).jpeg
    maginot (resized).jpg
    coway6 (resized).jpg
    coway5 (resized).jpg
    coway4 (resized).jpg
    coway3 (resized).jpg
    coway2 (resized).jpg
    coway1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1298 3 (resized).jpg
    Untitled 43 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1196 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1074 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmancat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#249 4 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Let me know how I/ all of us can help. Will support in any way we reasonably can. I can't tell you how many times over the years your responses have let me get to the heart of the problem I was facing.

Just a thought, but possibly we as a community could pool money together and start some type of relief fund for operators?

As for me, my arcade is still non-operational, so its business as usual. Hopefuly this thing will have subsided in time for my grand opening later this year.

2 months later
    #811 3 years ago

My arcade will be taking the Disney route when we open. The only reason I even started Flip OFF! was to provide an escape from the current world we live in, not to be reminded of it at every turn. I'll sell the shit before I'm forced to run some half assed version of what I intended it to be.

With that said, I only wish the best to all the operators here, regardless of how you choose to operate. In my opinion society needs classic arcade gaming venues more than we realize. Thier resurgence in popularity these past years speaks volumes. The other day my wife was watching a netflix show and in that particular episode the featured family was depicted having a blast playing pinball and arcade games at a bar. I have shared that same moment with my loved ones many times before. Lots of good memories. Watching that scene stirred quite a few emotions inside me. I felt anger and sadness mostly, at the thought that those care-free days might not ever return.

#816 3 years ago

Its always been my plan to promote a clean, healthy environment. Contagious diseases are nothing new and should always be considered in an business which relies on its customers to touch multiple surfaces.

The hand sanitizing station I once only considered prior to this is now going to be a priority. I already was going fully disposable regarding the cutlery, with the exception of pint glasses, but even that may change now.

In addition to the bathroom signage that encourages thorough hand cleaning, there might be addtional signage promoting usage of the hand sanitizer station when switching games. That and the front door Covid warning.

Enforcing face mask and social distancing at a barcade sounds about as appealing as going to the dentist. Thats just me.

2 months later
    #1044 3 years ago
    Quoted from ronaldvg:

Have been reading this thread from the beginning and I just wanted to give my 5 cts. Not that it matters much but it is some other opinion than most I have read about.
    Actually I went a lot to Pinball arcades and a lot of amusement parks with the kids, but somehow I just do not want to anymore now that we have to wear masks and keep distance and everything. I admire all the things that guys like pookycade are doing a lot and I hope he will pull through just because of the heart he is putting into all of this, but I want going out to be fun and going to an amusement park, well, amusing.
    Normally I also like to go shopping, but not anymore. The fact that you never know what will happen or who will be offended (I witnessed a fight about being too close just this weekend in a store) is just not making it fun. Therefore we stay at home and my wife agrees with this. I would love to go out and go to the parks just about every day now the kids are on holiday, but not when we need to be on the lookout all the time.
    For me going out on a Pinball night, it is only about 10% for the Pinball machines. I want to have a fun and relaxing night, have something to drink and eat and talk with people. That is not so obvious and relaxed anymore in the current situation. Not affraid to catch the virus by the way, if we get it, we get it. We use our common sense trying to avoid getting infected as long as possible. So whatever you guys are doing to make it safe, for me it will not work as it is not fun anymore. Curious how many people feel the same as we do.

I feel exactly like you do. Give me liberty or give me death.

If I ever get my shit hole of an arcade open I am going to assume you have a medical reason not to wear a mask and no I won't harrass you into compliance. I will do my best to keep you safe, via limiting occupancy, disinfecting surfaces every half hour, providing hand sanitizer and encouraging social distancing when possible.

However, all the crazy germaphobes and mask shamers can stay at home. I don't want your business and in fact I have been paying the rent just fine the past year and a half with the doors locked. If it gets shut down over this shit I'll welcome it and get back to doing what I do best, but ultimately it's the local community who will lose out.

Yeah, I know my opinion is unpopular and hated by most of you, but I didn't get to where I am in life by being a fucking follower.

Also, if I come off as angry, you're damn right. It's all this spineless sheeplike behavior it's more disgusting than that recycled face diaper you keep stuffed in your pocket.

In closing I would like to say, sorry for all the operators who do not have the luxery to afford my attitude. I feel for you and damn your local leaders for putting you in this position.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmancat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-temporarily-closed-my-arcade-thread-?tu=wolfmancat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.