Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,550 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by NicoVolta
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

f065c571-4d48-42b0-bb09-3c0eba12b3f0_e45adf5f6bc0c5c2a30a39868f44eab6 (resized).jpg
    19C29A43-E7DC-4936-A608-01E5A7E8BAC5 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    7FE4CBEA-7690-41A8-B236-48E4A0FCC6B9 (resized).jpeg
    maginot (resized).jpg
    coway6 (resized).jpg
    coway5 (resized).jpg
    coway4 (resized).jpg
    coway3 (resized).jpg
    coway2 (resized).jpg
    coway1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1298 3 (resized).jpg
    Untitled 43 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1196 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1074 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wlf_.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#130 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

The “normal” flu has killed over 20,000 this season already....to put things into perspective[quoted image]

Your use of that road death statistic is irresponsible and misleading, that is the number WORLDWIDE. In the US, 33,000 killed in a year.

Now compare to the Coronavirus projections, which are what, 700,000 to 1,000,000+ deaths in the US if we dont act? Even more than that if the hospitals go beyond capacity? Suddenly having 10x or 20x or 100x more road deaths is the equivalent here.
    Screenshot_20200315-202231_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200315-202231_Chrome (resized).jpg

#155 4 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

If 100k+ people have it in states like Ohio and only ~30 people have died, mortality is well below even .1% more like .03% that's very very minimal.

Re: the 100,000 thing, I dont know if that's actually the case. But what the public health officials are getting is that the number of people with it currently is larger than the number currently tested positive, for one, because testing has been limited, and two, because there are a number of people who have it, but have not started showing symptoms or been affected.

My thoughts: were going to see big increases in the number of confirmed cases in the coming days, and you'll eat your words. These are just my thoughts, I'm not an expert. I hope I am wrong, and things improve.

#157 4 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

If we do see huge increased then I won't be eating my words because I just explained that would be a GOOD thing.
    If there are tens of thousands of UNDIAGNOSED cases RIGHT NOW, then those people are experiencing symptoms MILD enough that they are functioning just FINE and DIDN'T need to go to a hospital. So with large testing batches we discover MANY people are afflicted but AREN'T DEAD then the disease isn't as severe as we first thought. Hopefully this basic concept makes sense to you

How's about this notion... people have it, or get it, and they are not yet recovered... they can still become deaths. Hopefully this basic concept makes sense to you.

Theres no point in arguing with you, clearly. Go out and lick door knobs if you feel things are fine?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wlf_.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-temporarily-closed-my-arcade-thread-?tu=wlf_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.