Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,550 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by NicoVolta
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

f065c571-4d48-42b0-bb09-3c0eba12b3f0_e45adf5f6bc0c5c2a30a39868f44eab6 (resized).jpg
    19C29A43-E7DC-4936-A608-01E5A7E8BAC5 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    7FE4CBEA-7690-41A8-B236-48E4A0FCC6B9 (resized).jpeg
    maginot (resized).jpg
    coway6 (resized).jpg
    coway5 (resized).jpg
    coway4 (resized).jpg
    coway3 (resized).jpg
    coway2 (resized).jpg
    coway1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1298 3 (resized).jpg
    Untitled 43 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1196 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1074 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vanishingvision.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#534 3 years ago

I support enforcing hand-washing 200%. I've always washed before playing on location, mostly to get any food grease off before touching games, and in the last year have taking to washing before leaving, so that if i'm touching my face on the drive home, I'm clean.

Hand-washing has been the most effective germ killer even before this pandemic got bad, and if any "new normal" changes stick after this, I desperately hope it's increased hand-washing. The thought of people suggesting we should cut back on handshakes or hugs, yet there will still be people leaving the bathroom without washing their hands, is absolutely infuriating.

1 week later
    #738 3 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

I won't turn machines off or take them out of rotation. Instead, every guest will be informed of the distance rule: Keep two machines apart from one another (six feet) at all times.
    People would rather hang around and wait for a game they like versus "guaranteed zero access" during their stay. Also, a 66% powered-down arcade is just sad.
    Our admission policy will only allow 15 (or so) people during each two-hour time slot. Enough space for everyone to maneuver.
    Now, if a couple or family arrives, they won't have to distance from each other... only the other guests. Bit of an honor system thing here, but I don't see a way around it. I'm not going to ask people who live together to keep their distance in addition to the whole mask/handwashing rigamarole.

Honor system seems like a good idea, and I believe most people will be willing to honor it. I tend to not play something right next to someone else anyway, unless it's a big show where every game is being played.

1 month later
    #901 3 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

With the uptick in California the last few days, It’s not looking good that I’ll be able to visit my favorite barcades anytime soon. I’m guessing our governor is going to shut things down again.

I sincerely hope that they can just enforce the mask requirements strongly instead. All evidence points to masks being a big help, and if everyone wore them inside, it helps the infection problem AND the economic problem, by allowing more business to resume. All of my locations that are preparing to reopen are taking every proper precaution, and another shutdown is just going to hurt them more instead of the no-mask crowd causing the problem. People that refuse the masks are still going to go into essential stores without them, they're still going to use public transport without them, and they're still going to meet up with others at their houses without them, shutdown or not.

3 months later
    #1158 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

The collection has been sold to a good friend, and fellow arcade collector in the Salt Lake area.
    We are very happy for the collection to be kept together, and for it to be combined with another impressive collection, including many vintage titles that Grinkers did not have. Keep your eyes peeled for amazing things happening in the Salt Lake area in 2021/22.

This is good to hear. I never got to visit, but I follow someone online who was a regular competitor in their Grinkfest tournaments, and it looked like an amazing place. Great to know the library of games will be showcased in a new location.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vanishingvision.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-temporarily-closed-my-arcade-thread-?tu=vanishingvision and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.