Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,550 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by NicoVolta
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

f065c571-4d48-42b0-bb09-3c0eba12b3f0_e45adf5f6bc0c5c2a30a39868f44eab6 (resized).jpg
    19C29A43-E7DC-4936-A608-01E5A7E8BAC5 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    7FE4CBEA-7690-41A8-B236-48E4A0FCC6B9 (resized).jpeg
    maginot (resized).jpg
    coway6 (resized).jpg
    coway5 (resized).jpg
    coway4 (resized).jpg
    coway3 (resized).jpg
    coway2 (resized).jpg
    coway1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1298 3 (resized).jpg
    Untitled 43 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1196 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1074 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smokedog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#177 4 years ago

I closed my location today. Stay safe folks.

#260 4 years ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

Idea for business owners that own their pins: explore renting out each of your pins to people in your local community for a few weeks or one month while your business is shut down. You get some cash for your pins to offset lost coin drop / entrance fees. Local pinheads get a pin at home to play while they're isolated.

Be sure to check with your insurance provider if you want to do this. Make sure you are covered in case of theft, damage, and to ensure you have liability protection.

#282 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Sorry to read the doors are closed Jason. Hope this passes soon and you'll be able to reopen. I do free shop jobs and repairs for Matt. If you need help with anything, let me know.

Stay safe everyone

Thanks for the offer and support! We are good for now. I'm staying positive, and enjoying the time with family and my dogs. Keeping a routine and getting plenty of exercise helps.

1 week later
    #449 4 years ago

I've been officially closed for 2 weeks. Sold a few t shirts, and a couple of gift certificates. I've made great progress on the TZ I am restoring!

We are still hoping for May 1st re-open. Stay safe everyone!

2 weeks later
    #506 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_M:

D&D Pinball Arcade in Tucson just shut down for good.

That's too bad.

I finally got access to a .gov line of credit that was offered for small businesses (40K). 0% interest for 2 years, and 10 K forgiven if paid back in full by Dec 31 2022. Also waiting on a grant from the province (about 3K) for operating costs while closed due to public health order. Commercial landlords appear to be getting a break, which will spill down to the renters (part of the agreement they sign), so that will help with my lease as well. Federal .gov will be paying 75% labour costs when I reopen.

We won't be part of the first wave of re-opening. When we do re-open, it will be at half capacity for sure. We will be reducing the amount of pins in the cafe to provide more space, then slowly reintroduce pins as time goes on. Also building a deck out behind the business for more social distancing space.

Anxious times!

#525 4 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Glad to see you got this, unfortunately we didn't qualify due to opening in November 2019, and not having enough total payroll to be successful in the application process.

That stinks!

The grant from the provincial .gov came through, which provides some relief for sure. Though the province released their re-open stages yesterday, and there was some not great news:

"Restaurants, bars, lounges, food courts, cafeterias, cafes, bistros, and similar facilities are allowed up
    to 50 percent capacity of their regular capacity to respect limitations on the size of gatherings and
    physical distancing. Buffet service is not permitted."

Ok, not terrible, we can work with this. Followed by:

"Recreation areas within restaurants and licensed establishments are not allowed. This includes dance
    floors, VLTs, pool tables and other areas where it is not possible to practice physical distancing."

Bummer So, 6 feet between pins. Reduces my pin amount substantially.

#544 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

So when are you allowed to reopen?

It's still a TBD by the province. We are phase 3. Phase 2 is May 19th (if everything is going well). My guess is early June?

#619 3 years ago

Any chance we could keep this thread to info about routes and location pinball before it gets locked? I'm finding a lot of the ideas in this thread useful.

4 months later
    #1106 3 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I have to ask, do you guys really believe all this shit is necessary that covid is that much of a threat or are you doing all of this to convince other people to come in or so they will let you be open for business.

Yes.

5 months later
    #1443 3 years ago
    Quoted from TimMachine:

I was thinking the latter, pinball arcade with drinks.

https://pokeyspinballcafe.ca/

Quoted from NicoVolta:

Would likely be a labor of love in that case.

This is the way.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smokedog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-temporarily-closed-my-arcade-thread-?tu=smokedog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.