Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,550 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by NicoVolta
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

f065c571-4d48-42b0-bb09-3c0eba12b3f0_e45adf5f6bc0c5c2a30a39868f44eab6 (resized).jpg
    19C29A43-E7DC-4936-A608-01E5A7E8BAC5 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    7FE4CBEA-7690-41A8-B236-48E4A0FCC6B9 (resized).jpeg
    maginot (resized).jpg
    coway6 (resized).jpg
    coway5 (resized).jpg
    coway4 (resized).jpg
    coway3 (resized).jpg
    coway2 (resized).jpg
    coway1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1298 3 (resized).jpg
    Untitled 43 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1196 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1074 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sadsack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 4 years ago

Stay open.. people will be looking for things to do until they forbid local travel. Then move to a state that doesn't practice as much idiocy. I wish I could go just pick up the virus and process it. Many of us may have already. There is absolutely zero reason to believe any of the gov's pseudo-science and stats. The first "Montana Presumptive Positive" was a woman who had been out of the state since November and never back.

It's 100% bullshit and nothing more than a "stronger than average" common cold virus. Corona viruses are common and prevalent. There is really nothing to fear if you are under 60 and in good health. In July, we are going to be laughing at the fools just like the Y2K nonsense most of us remember.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Time to trot out my old Official Memberships in the SS Billiards fan club. Limited number available. Don't delay.
    Don't worry about me. I've never known anything except get back up when you get knocked down. This is just another f*ck up the a** I'll have to get through.
    LTG : )

I think if the shutdowns aren't mandatory, arcades will be busy. I can't believe how people are falling for all this nonsense. I thought people learned a little from 911. I guess it's more fun to act emotionally than to honestly assess reality.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

What I posted on my arcade page this morning:
    I have never used our page for polemics, but I am now. We face a pending national emergency. Businesses need to be ordered to close other than essentials (pharmacy, food). All theaters, restaurants, retail shops, etc. People need to stay home. But they can’t. Many employees have no financial resources to do so. Many businesses face bankruptcy even if they are closed for 2 months. The quickest way to get over this as quickly as possible is to stay apart and get our testing ramped up as fast as we can. Part of the reason we don’t have many positive cases is we aren’t testing anyone. As recently as a day ago we weren’t even testing anyone in Charlottesville who didn’t have a positive travel history to an affected country. We didn’t have enough kits to do otherwise. Translated that means we were ignoring all possible community acquired cases - which is pretty much all of them at this point. At this point I don’t care who screwed up, who didn’t do what, which parties fault it is. Work together and fix it now. 1) Coordinate this patchwork of variable efforts into some coherent plan 2) Order all businesses except essentials closed 3) Come up with a coherent financial relief plan for affected employees AND businesses so they can weather this hopefully temporary storm rather than being left to fend for themselves and self sacrifice 4) Put this country on lockdown so that we can limit the cases and dig ourselves out of this as quickly as we can and get back to some normality. The longer we delay in doing this the less and less effective social isolation efforts will be. There is no time for half measures which is what I see being spouted up all over the place. Get it done. We have done our part at Decades. Our government needs to do theirs, it’s why we have them there, for times like this.

Take your panic with you. Are you asking for a bailout already? Boomer..

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

Well, I am an engineer by training, and we rarely get panned for acting emotionally.
    In my career, I have done very well in doing data analysis and projecting trends.
    I can say, without a doubt, the data does not support your position.
    From both an analytical (analyzing peer-reviewed data) and empirical (Italy, Singapore, South Korea... Wuhan) evidence I don't see how people can continue to downplay the situation. One of my favorite quotes is that math doesn't lie.

Your deference to authority was never addressed in technical coursework. It's the common cold, duh, it doesn't even affect kids. But all your hysteria should make for some large government pork and a pile of draconian rules that help no one and in fact kill more than the virus due to financial/family strain of lost income. I'm sorry I offended any of you gullible news consumers.

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

No, in fact I will be paying for it out of my pocket, including supporting my employees while we are closed.

How many months will you do that?

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Here's the thing. You can believe whatever you want, but please keep your insults to yourself. There is no need for any of that. I didn't insult you, I provided you facts and you choose to assume are fake. That's ok. And if thru some unfortunate set of circumstances you end up hospitalized with this virus I, or another physician like me, will take care of you all the same to get you or your family or your neighbors thru it. My goal is not to change your opinion, it seems unchangeable. My goal is to do the best I can so that the least number of people die from all of this.

Eh, you aren't as helpful as you think. If you couldn't prescribe scips for opioids and anti-biotics, you'd be out of business. Do you personally know a single healthy person under 60 this virus has killed? No.

#51 4 years ago
    Quoted from luckymoey:

So are manufacturing, construction, financial services, oil & gas, import/export...essential? You are suggesting the Gov’t put 10’s of millions out of work, and that then can somehow prop it all up. This would cause huge harm, including many unintended medicinal consequences. I certainly understand shutting down schools, entertainment venues and other gathering spots, maybe even restaurants and malls, and greatly increasing testing, but it could be devastating to shutter the bulk of the world’s largest economy. (Also, the NYT and Newsweek are far from the “bottom line” for many.

He doesn't see the "smash Trump's economy" aspect of this whole ruse. Doctors are the most gullible people because they believe they are so smart.

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

First of all.. I am a heck of a lot closer to a millennial than a boomer. Second, I personally offered to help financially support arcades that are struggling. Kinda the opposite of asking for a bailout.

Do you have 2 pinside ID's? I don't remember addressing you.

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just like it's more fun to live in complete denial than accept what's going on.
    Are we having fun yet?

Have you signed up for the vaccine trials? What could go wrong?

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

So who do you go see when you are sick? I am sure you would never trust your health to a "gullible" doctor. sigh

No. they have a monopoly on the distribution of life saving drugs and equipment. It's really their only claim to authority. Webmd is better than most drunken physicians. Honest people will agree.

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

You directly quoted me... my apologies if you were later insulting someone else.

My bad. I had you confused for the fear-mongering physician. I sometimes lose my place in a comment storm. You see, I too am a a mighty engineer (as I've been reminded). The only thing ANYONE knows is that the .gov's of the world are filthy liars. Why would anyone trust anything confirmed and repeating liars say? Is the WHO your mommy?

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

Great post and very sad as some are simply oblivious to what’s coming here.

And some say, "I reject your authority, lying trash! Presumptive positive isn't even a thing. Where are all the dead people besides the Chinese dissidents that were all incinerated immediately?"

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

have a read mate:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-coronavirus-stop-you-from-attending-tpf/page/9#post-5520802
    stronger than average huh?
    my boss has it:
    https://news.sky.com/story/bt-chief-executive-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-11956601
    If he walks up one flight of stairs he has to sit down for 5 minutes, he is a very health guy. he has a very bad headache, his body in his body is in pain. For those who aren't on top of their health (and for the USA that 30% of the population who are obese (from USAFacts)) this will be bad.
    please don't give us your doctor google 100% bullshit nonsense.
    Regards,
    Neil.

Pfffttt... property of the crown. Your queen momma ran away to leave you with the plague.. Seem familiar? No one cares your 'affluenzed' boss picked up a bad cold in a bath house. He's probably lying for insurance money, anyway. He'll be back to humiliating you in no time.

#274 4 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

https://www.sba.gov/
    Specifically https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/
    While it is not a long term solution, and there is worry about taking on more debt, arcade owners may wish to apply to an emergent low interest loan to stay afloat.

This is a great deal for anyone who is carrying debt at high rates. If you can't reduce your monthly nut, it's probably better to pass. I saw there are new orders forbidding foreclosure for a few months. I don't know what that will do. And NorthernDude, Business interruption insurance only kicks in after a claimable event. I was told this today by my agent. I have it.

#275 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

Im looking at my liability policy.
    I do have business interruption insurance.
    Im calling my agent to see if im not going bankrupt in tbe event of a forced closure.

Only kicks in with a claimable event. I checked my small business policy and I had it. The agent burst my bubble.

#336 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

... guarantee you, no one in power in this country wanted to do what we are doing.

I'm glad you know the motivations of everyone whom rules over you. For me, I believe a lot of people want exactly what is going on.. a complete shutdown of the economy. The bankers needed it because the banks failed over the last week (as evidenced by the over-prescribed discount window activity) and the never-trumpers see it as an attack vector (as evidenced by the attacks when the incoming flights from China were banned and constant focus on the COVID-19 test fairy's absence).

Now this isn't a political post. It's a response to naivety.

#342 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

This is conspiracy theory at its finest.

You know this has been a contrived retort to uncomfortable truths since Johnson/Bush assassinated JFK. I guess it still works for a few.

#368 4 years ago

Don't worry, Corona sniffles or not, America is turning back on come Easter.

#414 4 years ago

It's going to be up to the individual governors who gets to turn on and who is "locked down". I'm expecting Easter Sunday will end the Montana quarantine measures. Schools probably stay closed and zoom makes a fortune. Testing for anti-bodies will tell the tale. But testing for the virus doesn't do jack at this time.

A bigger question to me is how you all can be terrorized or comforted by the lies spewed by confirmed liars? I mean the politicians, AMA, CDC, WHO, China, Italy, Iran et al as reported by the clearly biased media. There is a lot of nonsense and misleading going on from those y'all seem to trust much more than your own instinct. Does anyone know someone 1st hand who has succumbed that wasn't high risk? I'm waiting to sadly hear some anecdotals from personal contacts before I'm believing into the hype. Some states will be back rolling by Mid april and if everything is still stopped come June, we'll have greater social problems to contend with than a dry cough with a low-grade fever.

#416 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

I don't personally know anyone who died from the plague, polio, WWII, in a school shooting, or chicago downtown last week...or the holocaust either, but I'm pretty sure those were bad.

It just so happens my MIL was a Polish Holocaust survivor. So I know the myths behind that spell, too. I also know people crippled by polio and quite a few guys that were in both theaters of WWII. There were and are lots of spells about those events, too.

1 week later
    #452 4 years ago

"3 Days of Darkness" may soon be upon us. This thing might be over a lot sooner than most think. Watch a few videos tagged #filmyourhospital on FB, Twitter or Instagram. You might be surprised.

1 week later
    #493 4 years ago

Well at least the vaccination/health certificate/return to work/travel document programs will be administered much better. Welcome to your new personal/private/public partnership. BTW, has anyone realized they are signing financial agreements with 'undisclosed' terms?

1 week later
    #510 4 years ago

Guidance given by Montana governor Steve Bullock regarding "gaming" machines:

Restaurants and Bars may open to 50% normal occupancy.
    No sitting at bars.
    6' between parties of no more than 10 at tables.
    7.5' between gaming machines on center.
    Sanitize machines between patrons.

This starts May 4 and may be overruled by local health departments. Just an FYI for those who are interested.

#605 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Longer ppl fight this, the longer we will have to do it.

That would be true if the tripe we see on TV is true. Luckily it's not.

#606 3 years ago

Sickies and old farts stay home. If you don't like it, f. off. My rights don't end where your fears begin.

How is Sweden doing as opposed to Norway? So simple.

#609 3 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

For those that want to open things up, I hope history does not repeat itself.
    Just look at what happened in Denver, when they removed interventions back in 1918.[quoted image]

#FAKENEWS was invented not long before then. Most people didn't even have running water at that time. WAPO, Howard Markel is no source to be respected. Take a look at the last 3 flu seasons:

Screenshot from 2020-04-24 23-49-06 (resized).pngScreenshot from 2020-04-24 23-49-06 (resized).png
    #612 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

You trust the CDC?!?

No, but even those who do have to admit that this flu season is well within one standard deviation of ILI mortality.

#626 3 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Please cite your source for this because it doesn't match what the scientists working on vaccines appear to be aware of.
    https://time.com/5790545/first-covid-19-vaccine/
    https://www.healthline.com/health-news/heres-exactly-where-were-at-with-vaccines-and-treatments-for-covid-19

They got flu vaccine. I never heard that flu is no longer a health issue. Maybe I missed it. I know that flu vaccine is "safe and effective", yet the flu seasons just keep getting worse. I sadly wait to see you cock-sure guinea pigs suffer the consequences of shoving an experiment into your bloodstream. But don't worry. Billy Gates is to be trusted. He doesn't have any degree at all, but you anxiously await his solution and trust his medical advice. Accelerate the darwinism!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sadsack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-temporarily-closed-my-arcade-thread-?tu=sadsack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.