Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,550 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by NicoVolta
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

f065c571-4d48-42b0-bb09-3c0eba12b3f0_e45adf5f6bc0c5c2a30a39868f44eab6 (resized).jpg
    19C29A43-E7DC-4936-A608-01E5A7E8BAC5 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    7FE4CBEA-7690-41A8-B236-48E4A0FCC6B9 (resized).jpeg
    maginot (resized).jpg
    coway6 (resized).jpg
    coway5 (resized).jpg
    coway4 (resized).jpg
    coway3 (resized).jpg
    coway2 (resized).jpg
    coway1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1298 3 (resized).jpg
    Untitled 43 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1196 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1074 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rmarket.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#855 3 years ago

Maybe Gyms are different where you are but the one that I go to, it is considered proper Gym Etiquette to wipe the machines down after you use them and people do.

Quoted from Yelobird:

That is honestly sad and odd to hear. Every inch and piece of equipment in a gym is Covered in body fluids with ever visitor exhaling double time yet a few finger prints on a flipper button is ground zero? Odd how these rules are picked. Do hope you and all operators pull through this.

#859 3 years ago

Unfortunately, they do wipe the dumbbell handles. The disinfectant builds up in the knurling and makes them hard to hang on to. You're right about the plates, I've never seen a plate get wiped down. Personally I would take my chances at the gym over most places.

Back on topic. I just got word that my largest locations (around 60 games) won't be opening till July and it is a summer seasonal location. Most of their business there is from renting their hall out and they don't have any bookings for the rest of the summer yet.

Quoted from TheBrewhouse:

Do they wipe down dumbbell handles and all the 45lb plates? I have never seen anyone do that before. I agree with you about the different weight and cardio machines but never in the free weight section.

#864 3 years ago

You should ask some of the arcade lobbyists to talk with the fitness lobbyists to see how they got fitness centers included... oh wait there is not an arcade lobby group. That is that.

There is one the AAMA and there's one for the amusement parks that FECs can also join. There are also State level organizations. The one in PA has been fighting with the state about the Skill games.

The gyms can't open soon enough for me. I go to the gym almost daily to keep some auto accident induced chronic pain in check and well it has been a living hell without being able to go.

2 months later
    #1032 3 years ago

The problem is that you're "competing" with the 7x24 news cycle that seems to be trying to convince everyone that they are going to die from Corona if they go out for anything that resembles entertainment. It is going to take a lot of convincing to get people back out into the entertainment venues again.

I have learned a lot in the last month. Making all these sanitation changes at the arcade might make me feel better knowing I am keeping people safer but I honestly feel it has done little to change anyone’s mindset about coming back. As I said our indoor is safer than any indoor business in town including a doctors office, but it’s still not enough. Perceived unsafe and unnecessary is for all intents and purposes reality. Walmart and Lowe’s doesn’t have to convince you to come in, and therefore doesn’t have to do anything other than unlock the door and set out a bottle of Purell.
    I however do need to convince people, but what I am learning is no change I can make is going to turn the tide here. There are much larger forces at work and I am gonna just have to decide how much I am willing to lose before throwing in the towel or hibernating like otherS have done already. Not willing to give up, but our fall usually sucks so I can expect more of this in the near term. I may be more amenable to shuttering in a few weeks.

#1042 3 years ago

You're so right, this is the problem and it will be hard to get people out of this way of thinking and back into arcades and other entertainment venues. I feel the same way even at some of my locations. (I supply the games a few arcades and at some of the places, I don't have control over how the arcades themselves are run) I'm also in agreement with doing what I can to prevent catching the virus but not worrying about catching it.

Quoted from ronaldvg:

Have been reading this thread from the beginning and I just wanted to give my 5 cts. Not that it matters much but it is some other opinion than most I have read about.
    Actually I went a lot to Pinball arcades and a lot of amusement parks with the kids, but somehow I just do not want to anymore now that we have to wear masks and keep distance and everything. I admire all the things that guys like pookycade are doing a lot and I hope he will pull through just because of the heart he is putting into all of this, but I want going out to be fun and going to an amusement park, well, amusing.
    Normally I also like to go shopping, but not anymore. The fact that you never know what will happen or who will be offended (I witnessed a fight about being too close just this weekend in a store) is just not making it fun. Therefore we stay at home and my wife agrees with this. I would love to go out and go to the parks just about every day now the kids are on holiday, but not when we need to be on the lookout all the time.
    For me going out on a Pinball night, it is only about 10% for the Pinball machines. I want to have a fun and relaxing night, have something to drink and eat and talk with people. That is not so obvious and relaxed anymore in the current situation. Not affraid to catch the virus by the way, if we get it, we get it. We use our common sense trying to avoid getting infected as long as possible. So whatever you guys are doing to make it safe, for me it will not work as it is not fun anymore. Curious how many people feel the same as we do.

4 months later
    #1376 3 years ago

Here in PA, it is legal for businesses to give away beer and you don't need a liquor license to do it. But it has to be free with no strings attached like "free with purchase" or they label you a speakeasy and fine and arrest you. They send undercover people out to verify that you are giving it away and carding everyone. (Apparently PA pays someone to go drink free beer)

I had one of my locations try this tactic to get people in the building. Every Sunday afternoon, they would get a keg of beer and turn on whatever sport was on that afternoon. As I carried my games out after they closed I truly wondered how bad you had to fail that even free beer couldn't get people in the building.

(disclaimer, it has been a few years, the laws may have changed since then, I am not a lawyer and check with local laws before trying it in your business and it may not help anyways)

Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

the japanese pachinko places do something like that to have the prizes exchanged to cash.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rmarket.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-temporarily-closed-my-arcade-thread-?tu=rmarket and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.